2019-2020 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got a call! Accepted!! and i got the call less than 2 hours after i left the campus!! Its my first acceptance so i cant stop smiling. good luck to the rest of you guys!!

primary turned in mid october, secondary turned in late october, interview invite late jan, interviewed this morning, in state

Congrats on the acceptance!
I also got accepted. I was wondering, once you get the email do you just email them saying you’d like to reserve your spot or is there a place in the portal to do so? During interview I was told it would be $100 deposit to reserve but so far I haven’t seen anything be mentioned about it?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the acceptance!
I also got accepted. I was wondering, once you get the email do you just email them saying you’d like to reserve your spot or is there a place in the portal to do so? During interview I was told it would be $100 deposit to reserve but so far I haven’t seen anything be mentioned about it?
Thanks!

Thanks, and congrats to u too!! Below is a link for ur deadline, it depends on when u got it!

You guys didn’t get a confirmation email or anything after you filled out all the information for the II right? It just says thanks for filling out bio sheet or whatever and there’s a button that says “save and continue” but it just loops.

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys didn’t get a confirmation email or anything after you filled out all the information for the II right? It just says thanks for filling out bio sheet or whatever and there’s a button that says “save and continue” but it just loops.

Correct

Reactions: 1 user
Application was complete in Sept, wondering if they are still sending out interview offers or if I should assume a silent R

Reactions: 2 users
how many people do they call off the waitlist? what are my chances

Did anyone stay with a student host? How long did it take to hear back about the arrangements? I haven’t heard anything yet so I went ahead and booked a hotel just in case.

zero chance of getting off the waitlist

Hey my friend, none of those bad vibes here. Just wait. A lot of people are waiting to hear back. Once people with acceptances get other places they possibly like more they’ll give up their spot to someone on the waitlist. Esp a class as big as ou

My brother got into dental school three days before classes started. It’s not over until it’s over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone here planning on going to the second visit this weekend?

silence since October. OOS. Anyone else in the same boat? Hopeful to hear something soon since they interview through April!
Application marked complete 11/15 and I haven’t heard anything. I am in state btw

Reactions: 1 users
Hey yall! Just withdrew my acceptance-- i hope someone on the waitlist gets it. good luck!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Current M1 here - I don't know what your app looks like, but please realize that they are still interviewing. Quite a few people in my class now got in off the waitlist in or after June. The DO application cycle runs quite long and it's far from done at this point. If you're serious about attending OU-HCOM, I'd send admissions a letter of intent and/or an update on your application. What have you been up to since you interviewed? Let them know what's up. They're actually really interested in the individual applying and they do look at you as more than a piece of paper with achievements listed - they'll appreciate hearing from you.

Best of luck!

Cleveland Campus, one of the interviewers had told me that it was full but I guess they still had a spot for me. :)

Not quite sure what that stats were last year but for the 2016-2017 cycle (like 3 summers ago). They went 70 deep on a list of 130-150 roughly (I am not sure about the 2nd number but 70 is definitely right). So definitely is movement on the waitlist however last year was late and/or less than normal so it can be a crapshoot from year to year

Accepted to Dublin from interview on 3/3. Placed on alternative waitlist for Cleveland. Anyone accepted to Cleveland that may decline their spot? Just wondering :shrug:

Cleveland Campus, one of the interviewers had told me that it was full but I guess they still had a spot for me. :)
Congrats! It was really cool seeing you on this forum go from II to A! I hope I’ll be in for positive news soon :)

Any current students hanging around this forum? I had a couple questions I wanted to ask.

For anyone that attends/accepted to Cleveland campus, have you found a place to live?

Has there been any waitlist movement before mid- to late-May either this cycle or those preceding this one (other than the one mentioned earlier on this thread)?

Hello MedTed15!

Thank you for answering questions!

• What campus are you on? What is unique about your campus?
  • How has your experience at OUHCOM been?
  • What kind of environment is it like?
  • What kind of student would thrive at OUHCOM?
Thank you again for your input! :)

Last edited:
Yeah, that was me. I was told that I was informed of that inappropriately/incorrectly which defienlty had an impact on me going into my last interview. Anyways, I'm glad you got the spot. I'm also glad I didn't ruin your morale. Do you think you will attend here then? I know you are waitlisted at the other allopathic schools although they are not in Cleveland. I called today for feedback. Didn't offer me much helpful advice since I'm sure it boiled down to statistics.

Yeah, that was me. I was told that I was informed of that inappropriately/incorrectly which defienlty had an impact on me going into my last interview. Anyways, I'm glad you got the spot. I'm also glad I didn't ruin your morale. Do you think you will attend here then? I know you are waitlisted at the other allopathic schools although they are not in Cleveland. I called today for feedback. Didn't offer me much helpful advice since I'm sure it boiled down to statistics.

Hey man sorry to hear that. For now since this is my only acceptance I don't have much of a choice but to attend lol. The other waitlists are what they are and I'll have to wait another 2 months basically to see where I stand. I can only imaging NEOMED or Toledo pulling me away from this and really only NEOMED just because I have so many friends that are going/attend there including my SO. But good luck to you and if I end up having any kind of luck elsewhere I hope that luck finds it's way to you as well.

Hey man sorry to hear that. For now since this is my only acceptance I don't have much of a choice but to attend lol. The other waitlists are what they are and I'll have to wait another 2 months basically to see where I stand. I can only imaging NEOMED or Toledo pulling me away from this and really only NEOMED just because I have so many friends that are going/attend there including my SO. But good luck to you and if I end up having any kind of luck elsewhere I hope that luck finds it's way to you as well.
Thank you. I am accepted elsewhere but I also have a SO here in Cleveland haha. I am sincerely glad you got accepeted. I am sure that is a huge relief. I am also sure there will be a lot of movement in these next 2 months. So who knows maybe we will both end up where we want to lol! Anyways, Cleveland isn't too far from NEOMED. I'm sure everything will work out for us somehow.

Not that I had any hope left... But due to the schools being remote only now would the interviews still continue to be conducted? Online maybe?

Not that I had any hope left... But due to the schools being remote only now would the interviews still continue to be conducted? Online maybe?
I received an ii earlier today. My interview date is in early April and will be done virtually; at least according to the email I got. I am super excited and hopefully, the online interviews are also laid back and conversational.

I received an ii earlier today. My interview date is in early April and will be done virtually; at least according to the email I got. I am super excited and hopefully, the online interviews are also laid back and conversational.

Thanks for the response and good luck on your interview!

Anyone else no longer have check marks on any of their documents on the application portal? Does this mean no longer a possibility for II?

looking for a third roommate for a house on the athens campus. It is a very nice 3 BR 2 BA house with a 2 car garage for 1400 a month. It is in a quiet neighborhood 5 minutes away from the medical school ~ 1.4 miles. Message me for details!!

Last edited:
Question for a current student: when is the right time to look for housing starting in August? For example, where I'm living now, if you want to find an apartment starting in September (when most of the rental market turns over), the supply starts trickling onto the market in late April/ early May. So it isn't useful to look before then. I've seen some apartments on the market already, but I'm trying to figure out if that's really all there is, or if I wait a few months there will be more on the market. Thanks!

as soon as possible. many of the major apartment complexes offer cheaper rates for signing early. others have waitlists that its helpful to be in front of.

For anyone that attends/accepted to Cleveland campus, have you found a place to live?

I am going to the Cleveland campus but haven't found a place yet. If you would like to talk about it, please PM me. Thank you!

Hi all! Forgive me for this question because I'm not very knowledgeable about financial aid... But I noticed on the "To Do" portion of "MyOhio" student account there's a "direct loan agreement (MPN)," "entrance counseling," and an "entrance interview." It's listing the "Due Date" of these items as tomorrow (3/21)?? Is this accurate? Still trying to figure out where I'm going definitively and from my understanding the loan agreement and whatnot are done through the FAFSA website and particular to one school... Can you complete these for multiple schools?

Hi all! Forgive me for this question because I'm not very knowledgeable about financial aid... But I noticed on the "To Do" portion of "MyOhio" student account there's a "direct loan agreement (MPN)," "entrance counseling," and an "entrance interview." It's listing the "Due Date" of these items as tomorrow (3/21)?? Is this accurate? Still trying to figure out where I'm going definitively and from my understanding the loan agreement and whatnot are done through the FAFSA website and particular to one school... Can you complete these for multiple schools?
That's odd, mine is showing those due on 4/4

That's odd, mine is showing those due on 4/4

That's weird... Maybe it has to do with the date the account was activated or something? Or the acceptance date?

I called FSA to ask about the MPN and was told that it wouldn't make any sense to fill one out until you knew where you were going since you can't change the school on an MPN and would have to fill out a completely new one...? So not sure

Does anyone know if the admissions people care if we change our classes to pass / fail before graduating? I am not taking any pre reqs just a graduating senior trying to avoid a bunch of online work.

Hello MedTed15!

Thank you for answering questions!
  • What campus are you on? What is unique about your campus?
  • How has your experience at OUHCOM been?
  • What kind of environment is it like?
  • What kind of student would thrive at OUHCOM?
Thank you again for your input! :)

Cleveland Campus. We do most of everything at the Cleveland Clinic and have a ton of opportunities there (and easy connections for research especially, there is a designated person that helps us specifically mediate within the clinic for research). There is also only 60 people so everyone is friends with everyone and we all socialize together and are very inclusive.

My experience has been great, I knew once I went to visit the Cleveland campus that it is where I wanted to go and it has not disappointed! The people in the class are awesome and brilliant and the environment is synergistic, not competitive. The CCE's (clinicals we do once a month-ish) in the first two years for myself so far have been super cool and the preceptors at CCF have been super welcoming.

A motivated student who is proactive. The curriculum requires a lot of prework for class, so although you are only in class 4 hours a day, most work is done outside of that. To get the most out of the curriculum you must come to class prepared especially since it is an active learning environment not lecture.

FYI I was just taken off the waitlist for the Cleveland campus and will be taking it, which means that a spot in Dublin will be opening up!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

FYI I was just taken off the waitlist for the Cleveland campus and will be taking it, which means that a spot in Dublin will be opening up!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Were you accepted to main campus?

Is anyone interviewing online on 4/7 - if so, how are you preparing for the change in interview format?

Is anyone interviewing online on 4/7 - if so, how are you preparing for the change in interview format?
I am going to use google meet and record how I present my answers and then rewatch to see if I do anything weird when answering. I am really hoping for a easy going conversation though because I have not interviewed since October and I feel like I forgot how to.

I am going to use google meet and record how I present my answers and then rewatch to see if I do anything weird when answering. I am really hoping for a easy going conversation though because I have not interviewed since October and I feel like I forgot how to.
Good luck to both of us

I just received an email to be interviewed for a waitlist spot! beyond excited to be given this opportunity after a rough cycle this year. Any tips for interviewing? Anyone else receive an email for a waitlist interview?