2019-2020 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know this has been asked before, but I don’t think I have any instructions on receiving feedback on my portal since I got a high waitlist. Do I email the MDadmissions address asking for feedback? Thanks!p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can we ask for feedbacka
I know this has been asked before, but I don’t think I have any instructions on receiving feedback on my portal since I got a high waitlist. Do I email the MDadmissions address asking for feedback? Thanks!p
I'm curious as well.

I just went ahead and emailed MDadmin and they sent me the prompt for feedback. Anyone can send email them whether they’re rejected or a hopeless alternate. Here’s the prompts

724B713B-A877-4A5F-B373-757EE3E04312.jpeg

Attachments

• AB8B875D-106C-4E15-B53B-262C90E732A9.jpeg
    AB8B875D-106C-4E15-B53B-262C90E732A9.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 88
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who replied to MDadmin stating that they would like to keep their waitlist # actually received any confirmation email? I only got their automated response email, and it seems that other people are getting applicant specific emails from them like with the application feedback stuff.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who replied to MDadmin stating that they would like to keep their waitlist # actually received any confirmation email? I only got their automated response email, and it seems that other people are getting applicant specific emails from them like with the application feedback stuff.
I just got the auto-reply. Wondering the same

I got the auto response as well. Someone who withdrew got an actual response. I think they're only responding to people who withdrew.

I got the auto response too and I responded ~1pm on the 30th.

also based on last year (which seems to be the first year they required students to confirm their alternate position) they didn’t see waitlist movement until they day of the alternate deadline. That means we probably won’t see movement until May 8th :(

If you send a request for feedback you get this message in red lol.

"Please note that this is an extremely busy time for our department. We will begin sending responses to feedback requests starting next week. Thank you."

The rest of the email is the same as the pic from @BigPremedGuy

I'm feeling silly because in the email it gave us a link to see where they were on the waitlist, right? So we can see how close they get to our number? But it just took me to the portal. Am I confused? I feel confused.

I'm feeling silly because in the email it gave us a link to see where they were on the waitlist, right? So we can see how close they get to our number? But it just took me to the portal. Am I confused? I feel confused.

from what I can tell from reading through threads from previous years the portal is supposed to update with the number they’re on.

from what I can tell from reading through threads from previous years the portal is supposed to update with the number they’re on.

Thanks! Maybe I just have to be patient and the numbers will show up later

Members don't see this ad :)
For those getting off the waitlist did you guys also get notified by email? Thank you!!

Just got accepted via email as well!!!! Still can't believe it. I was in the #10-15 range in case y'all were wondering. And I'll definitely be taking the acceptance.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted off the WL! #20-30. Portal update and notification via email!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
oh my god it's moving faster than I thought!! low 40s over here trying not to get too excited!! congrats everyone and thank you for your updates :)

If anyone cares here are the trends from the last three years on May 4th (all self reported from SDN)
2019 - 0
2018 - 26
2017 - 16

Reactions: 7 users
Portal says they have accepted through #21! I'm only a few away! Congrats to everyone accepted off the list already!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know anything about financial aid? I'm trying to find a more solid cost of attendance so I can start planning accordingly and the only thing I can find for tuition and charges is this:
MD.PNG

Any information would be appreciated!

Does anyone know anything about financial aid? I'm trying to find a more solid cost of attendance so I can start planning accordingly and the only thing I can find for tuition and charges is this: View attachment 305262

I think in the pamphlet they send during your interview invitation it lists tuition and fees at 75k. And total COA at 100k

Does anyone know anything about financial aid? I'm trying to find a more solid cost of attendance so I can start planning accordingly and the only thing I can find for tuition and charges is this: View attachment 305262

Total COA for in state is listed as right around 77k with ~46k in tuition. I'm not sure what out of state is.

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else experiencing issues with their Choose Your Medical School tool on AMCAS not listing OHSU as an option? I was accepted, but my tool has not been updated. (sorry for the frequent posts)
:nailbiting: paranoia settling in

My FAFSA was received by the school on 04/09... I haven't heard anything back about how much I'm receiving or anything else about tuition. I'm trying to plan my budgeting. Anyone know where I can find more information about financial aid timeline (disbursement, etc.) and how financial aid works for med school (like how much we can borrow) the website is a bit vague on OHSU is a bit vague.

Also, can any med students answer this: when is the actual first date of classes?

Anxiety really be trying to convince me this will be the first time in OHSU history the waitlist stops moving at 21 T.T

Anxiety really be trying to convince me this will be the first time in OHSU history the waitlist stops moving at 21 T.T

My portal says they've accepted through 23, I bet you get it today or tomorrow!

I would guess that there will be mandatory sessions we’ll have to attend during orientation
Yes, orientation week is mandatory— at least before the COVID times. It concludes with your white coat ceremony on Friday afternoon. The first day of lecture will be the following Monday (8/17/20)

Any successful reapplicants this year (or years in the past) have some wisdom for me? I'd certainly appreciate a DM. I am in the process of doing the feedback request but they probably won't gt back to me for a week.

Basically I want to assess if it's worth applying again in the next few months or if I should wait an additional year for more experiences - COVID permitting.

Thanks, and congrats to everyone who's getting pulled off the WL right now!

Any successful reapplicants this year (or years in the past) have some wisdom for me? I'd certainly appreciate a DM. I am in the process of doing the feedback request but they probably won't gt back to me for a week.

Basically I want to assess if it's worth applying again in the next few months or if I should wait an additional year for more experiences - COVID permitting.

Thanks, and congrats to everyone who's getting pulled off the WL right now!
I believe on their stats, it show approximately 20% of matriculants are re-applicants, and median age is 26.

I believe on their stats, it show approximately 20% of matriculants are re-applicants, and median age is 26.
Yeah, luckily OHSU seems to be one of the few schools that really actually likes reapplicants.

I’m younger, I’ll be 24 when reapplying, but I am a little nervous that it may be tough to find valuable experiences in the next 6 months if I choose to take another year before applying again.

I have significantly more clinical experience this time around, which I updated to my interviewer, but he didn’t ask about it and I never got a chance to write about it. I also have been doing all the covid swabbing for our clinic but I’m partially unsure if I want to go into detail about that because I know covid is going to be a crazy overused subject this cycle.

finally, I’ve had some life experiences that I can write about and I know OHSU loves that ****, just not sure if it’s enough. I was just glad to be interviewed honestly!

I would think working on the frontlines of the Covid-19 will something that is now highly coveted ( or covided ; ) on your application. You deserve to be proud so I think you ought to provide all the relevant details.

Yeah, luckily OHSU seems to be one of the few schools that really actually likes reapplicants.

I’m younger, I’ll be 24 when reapplying, but I am a little nervous that it may be tough to find valuable experiences in the next 6 months if I choose to take another year before applying again.

I have significantly more clinical experience this time around, which I updated to my interviewer, but he didn’t ask about it and I never got a chance to write about it. I also have been doing all the covid swabbing for our clinic but I’m partially unsure if I want to go into detail about that because I know covid is going to be a crazy overused subject this cycle.

finally, I’ve had some life experiences that I can write about and I know OHSU loves that ****, just not sure if it’s enough. I was just glad to be interviewed honestly!

DM me

I would think working on the frontlines of the Covid-19 will something that is now highly coveted ( or covided ; ) on your application. You deserve to be proud so I think you ought to provide all the relevant details.
Covided, lmao

thanks for the advice!

Last I checked the portal it was still at 23 haha .-.
Yes, I saw that. I was wondering if there are possibly groups of offers that go out before the website updates. I was trying to get a clue as to how the waitlist trajectory was going this year, but I guess, as the saying goes, a watched pot never boils.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw that. I was wondering if there are possibly groups of offers that go out before the website updates. I was trying to get a clue as to how the waitlist trajectory was going this year, but I guess, as the saying goes, a watch pot never boils.
I gotchu
Well as #25 I haven’t gotten an email either lool

Reactions: 3 users