2019-2020 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
II! IS. Complete 9/10.

Rejected Post-II last year. Thrilled to have another shot. :happy:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II today! IS applicant, processed on 9/25. Applied on the tail end of things overall. Honestly did not expect this so soon.

Reactions: 4 users
OOS. Submitted 7/14 and was just marked complete yesterday, 10/22. It just showed up on my portal with no email update.

I was marked complete 7/31, IS, LM 70 with great ECs. Starting to worry, debating on calling? People marked complete 2 months after me are getting II already.

Reactions: 2 users
I was marked complete 7/31, IS, LM 70 with great ECs. Starting to worry, debating on calling? People marked complete 2 months after me are getting II already.
I am in the exact same position, literally haha. I'm also wondering if I should call, but I don't want to be annoying...

Reactions: 1 users
I am in the exact same position, literally haha. I'm also wondering if I should call, but I don't want to be annoying...
And their website says please do not call to check on the status.. But I am concerned. I received my secondary 7/29, submitted 7/29, and was complete 7/31, which was initially extremely promising.

Members don't see this ad :)
got put "on hold" yesterday after a september interview

Same. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the majority of applicants are put on hold after their interview until many months later when a final decision is made.

Same. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the majority of applicants are put on hold after their interview until many months later when a final decision is made.
You're correct - at my interview they told us upfront that "the vast majority" of us will be put on hold.

• Sad
Anyone contacted the office post "hold" and received any useful information?
Edit: as in, where you stand relative to people who have historically been accepted/rejected come April?

Last edited:
I’m freaking out guys. This is my state and top choice school. Did I ruin my chance by completing my app so late (third week of September) ? Have they already finished sending out IIs to IS applicants? My stats and experiences aren’t bad at all :(

Any other accepted students only see their status change on the portal but not get an email with more info? I know it says that the acceptance packet will arrive in 4-6 weeks, but I just want to make sure I don't miss a step in the interim. Beyond excited about the prospect of attending OHSU!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I’m freaking out guys. This is my state and top choice school. Did I ruin my chance by completing my app so late (third week of September) ? Have they already finished sending out IIs to IS applicants? My stats and experiences aren’t bad at all :(
OHSU does have rolling admissions, so earlier generally is better. However, OHSU's interview season does tend to run another few months, so I wouldn't count yourself out. Especially since you are in-state and therefore fit one of their mission groups!

Reactions: 3 users
Are any OOS people still waiting to be marked complete on the portal? I submitted my secondary 7/31 and I'm still not marked
Dunno about everyone else, but I'm OOS MD/PhD, and I've been complete in the portal since July 30 after submitting on 7/26.

Any other accepted students only see their status change on the portal but not get an email with more info? I know it says that the acceptance packet will arrive in 4-6 weeks, but I just want to make sure I don't miss a step in the interim. Beyond excited about the prospect of attending OHSU!!

So you got in? I know it's annoying but do you mind sharing your stats and when you interviewed? I interviewed early September (pretty sure in one of the first groups) and I haven't heard anything yet...

So you got in? I know it's annoying but do you mind sharing your stats and when you interviewed? I interviewed early September (pretty sure in one of the first groups) and I haven't heard anything yet...

Accepted this Wednesday! I interviewed October 1 and have a LM of 74.

As obsessive-compulsive premeds its impossible to not compare ourselves to other applicants with stats and interview date, as if somehow we will be able to predict when this hell of waiting on decisions will end. The fact is, this process is totally f*ckin random, so try not to put too much stock into this sample size of one. It's still sooo early in the process, especially for OHSU.

That being said, I hope you all get good news soon!:clap:

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED as a reapplicant! Interviewed on 10/8 and received both an email and portal update

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Bruh... 30 IIs? 11 As? If you don't mind, stats? URM? Nobel prize? What did you do? Other than apply to 60 schools haha
Nontrad PA-C 520 mcat URM. I completed my prereqs a decade ago and my letters were from my supervising physician and PA professors so I applied broadly as I wasn’t sure if adcoms would give my application a chance.

Everything turned out fine luckily. I hope cataloging my experiences over the past couple of months helps other nontrads. It’s been a hell of a ride.

Reactions: 3 users
IS complete 9/11. Haven't heard back either. If it makes you feel better I didn't get an II until January last year for OHSU so you still have a chance!

Current student at OHSU - they have said on the portal that they mail that packet for several years now but this is not true whatsoever, nothing is sent via snail mail. All the correspondence will be electronic. My portal updated on a friday and it wasnt until the following week that I got an email informing me I had been accepted. From then, you have over a month to fill out the required forms/paperwork. You also will likely get a phone call from a current student at some point to answer any questions and congratulate you again. Congratulations! Hope you'll join us :)

Have any MD/PhD interviewees heard anything back yet?

II, IS and complete early august. They're scheduling into the end of January now.

Have any MD/PhD interviewees heard anything back yet?

I haven’t interviewed, but the info on their website says they make offers to top ranked candidates once they’re done evaluating applications.

Are any OOS applicants who submitted early/mid August still waiting to be complete?

Excuse me for the question but anyone know what their post interview acceptance rate is?

Excuse me for the question but anyone know what their post interview acceptance rate is?

If I remember correctly from the presentation at the interview, ~550 interviews lead to ~250 acceptances

According to US News, 173 are accepted, out of 341 in-state interviews. For out of state, its 97 out of 239.

If I remember correctly from the presentation at the interview, ~550 interviews lead to ~250 acceptances
According to US News, 173 are accepted, out of 341 in-state interviews. For out of state, its 97 out of 239.
Yup, on average ~600 interviewed, 220-250 acceptances offered. 85% of 2019's entering class was OR heritage.

I haven’t interviewed, but the info on their website says they make offers to top ranked candidates once they’re done evaluating applications.
I have not received an II for MD/PhD, but I emailed them regarding something else and they mentioned that my app was on hold. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing to hear at this point in the cycle. Just thought I would point that out - I'm a pretty average stats applicant, but I just submitted my first manuscript which (hopefully) helps...

Good luck y'all and congrats to those who got in!!

Has everyone from Oct. 1st interview heard back?

IS complete 9/11. Haven't heard back either. If it makes you feel better I didn't get an II until January last year for OHSU so you still have a chance!
When were you marked complete last year for an II in January? I was marked complete 7/31 and I haven't heard anything since! :p

When were you marked complete last year for an II in January? I was marked complete 7/31 and I haven't heard anything since! :p

Last year's portal only displays the final decision so I went digging into my email. I got my secondary last year on 8/27. I'm going to guess I probably finished the secondary within one week and was complete by the first week of September, and they processed me pretty fast because I was late in the game. I got an II on 11/26 (oops! It wasn't Jan sorry!) , with three dates to choose from: 1/04, 1/08, 1/10. I chose 1/10 because I was in Korea in early Jan. I got my decision on 3/01 (R). Last year they had 570+ interviewees.

Hope that helps! This waiting game sucks, hang in there every one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone link the page where they discuss community service programs they offer or any special tracks students can do? Having a hard time finding info about anything outside the curriculum

This what you're lookin' for?

Also these, I assume!

So just to be clear, after I receive the initial acceptance email I just wait the 4-6 weeks for them to send me an acceptance letter/packet? Just feels odd to not have to immediately confirm my acceptance somewhere.