2019-2020 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What if you’re OOS but lived a huge chunk of your life in Oregon?
They have definition of Oregon heritage on their site somewhere. Maybe you fall into one of their heritage categories?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who was put on hold post interview heard anything back yet or know when they generally start to give out decisions?

Has anyone who was put on hold post interview heard anything back yet or know when they generally start to give out decisions?

On post-interview hold since mid-November and haven't heard anything new. Judging from last year's thread, many of the holds remain until well into April and up to the 30th in most cases.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone got an II lately? I'm still anxiously waiting...:(

Reactions: 5 users
What if you’re OOS but lived a huge chunk of your life in Oregon?
This is the category I fall into, but I did not attend high school or college in Oregon unfortunately, so my only heritage is my entire childhood, which I just discussed in my essays instead (they do not have a specific heritage group for under high-school)

This is the category I fall into, but I did not attend high school or college in Oregon unfortunately, so my only heritage is my entire childhood, which I just discussed in my essays instead (they do not have a specific heritage group for under high-school)
I'm in the same situation and havent heard anything from them.

How late in the cycle does OHSU offer IIs?

*edit* I know that they interview through March, but when do they stop sending out actual invites?

Last edited:
Has anyone gone to the meet and greets? I'm not sure what to expect, going to the one happening tonight!

How late in the cycle does OHSU offer IIs?

*edit* I know that they interview through March, but when do they stop sending out actual invites?
I would imagine they probably are sent through February-March if they stop interviewing after March. How many are sent out in March? That probably depends on how many people cancel interviews, how many they have accepted, and the # on hold.

Is it invite-only?
it was sent with my original email, I randomly stumbled upon it last night! I called them and they said all the dates are open to all interviewees throughout the cycle! It's part of the Center for Diversity and Inclusion!

I went to the reception dinner! It was pretty low key and fun. We got some pizza and then heard from some students that are involved with the diversity and inclusion center.

I went to the reception dinner! It was pretty low key and fun. We got some pizza and then heard from some students that are involved with the diversity and inclusion center.
Thank you! I ended up going and it was great! Highly recommend it for people so you at least get some nerves out of the way!!

Members don't see this ad :)
In-state complete 9/11 and still dead silence lol
They offered me II last year on 11/26 so I feel so unwanted right now :help:

Reactions: 2 users
In-state complete 9/11 and still dead silence lol
They offered me II last year on 11/26 so I feel so unwanted right now :help:
IS, complete since July, same. My secondary and PS must have been hot garbage because my stats are great and my ECs were in the average range for SDN.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
II this morning! I am from California and was complete in July

Reactions: 3 users
IS, complete since July, same. My secondary and PS must have been hot garbage because my stats are great and my ECs were in the average range for SDN.
The dean spent like 10-15 minutes at the interview talking about how little they value high stats. So although your stats are absolutely amazing, it may not factor much into their decision. There's still lots of time though, I think they interview into late Feb/early March. You got this :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who interviewed, is there time before the walking tour to switch shoes? I want to wear heels and switch into flats for the tour.

What's the run down of the schedule of the day, I've been trying to find it in earlier threads, but not sure how to search on mobile.

8-9:30am: Orientation/small break
9:30am-11:30am: MMI
11:45am-12:45pm: Schnitzer campus tour + lunch
1:00pm-3:00?pm: Marquam Hill tour
3:00-5:30pm: 1-on-1 interview: they tell you your interview time the day of

The longest walking/tour is the Marquam and they go right into it after lunch.

• Love
MSTP interviews are over - it sounds like they forwarded all of those who didn't get an interview from MSTP to the MD-only track for interviews

Perhaps this is a question that's been asked already on this page, but does OHSU typically wait till February to start offering II's to OOS applicants? Or those they would deem as non-mission I suppose? I completed my app with them 8/20 and have yet to hear a peep... Though my status page marks that they "completed" my application on 11/27, and had a little blurb essentially saying that they wait awhile before interviewing their non-mission applicants. Thoughts?

Perhaps this is a question that's been asked already on this page, but does OHSU typically wait till February to start offering II's to OOS applicants? Or those they would deem as non-mission I suppose? I completed my app with them 8/20 and have yet to hear a peep... Though my status page marks that they "completed" my application on 11/27, and had a little blurb essentially saying that they wait awhile before interviewing their non-mission applicants. Thoughts?
There were at least 3 OOS non mission applicants at my interview in November. I think they are interviewing true OOS people, they just generally hand out fewer of those interviews.

I am OOS and was sent an II this week! Don't lose hope just yet

II morning of 12/6. Interviewing in January.

Reactions: 2 users
They are starting to send merit scholarship offers for accepted! Check your junk email, easy to miss.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! They had a couple in January and one mid-Feb

Do you remember what dates they offered you in January? I got a late january interview spot more than a month ago and was asked to be put on the waitlist for a date early january when I am already in town but haven't heard anything. I was wondering if you got an early January data and they accidentally didn't put me on the waitlist for it? Thanks and good luck with your interview! :)

Do you remember what dates they offered you in January? I got a late january interview spot more than a month ago and was asked to be put on the waitlist for a date early january when I am already in town but haven't heard anything. I was wondering if you got an early January data and they accidentally didn't put me on the waitlist for it? Thanks and good luck with your interview! :)
I was given Jan 14th and 30th! I have decided to withdraw my application after the II so hopefully that will give someone else a chance to interview! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Is that from off the post II hold list? Or straight up acceptances

Everyone I personally know that has been on the hold list, including myself, continues to have a big fat H. OHSU is my absolute #1, but every other program I interviewed at after OHSU has already gotten back to me while we're still all waiting here. Kinda absurd considering how large of an impact this potentially has on our lives...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Everyone I personally know that has been on the hold list, including myself, continues to have a big fat H. I interviewed with the first group and OHSU is my absolute #1, but every other program I interviewed at after OHSU has already gotten back to me while we're still all waiting here. Kinda absurd considering how large of an impact this potentially has on our lives...

Here’s to hoping that our Hs age like a fine wine come April

Reactions: 6 users
email notification yesterday, mid November interview