2019-2020 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted 07/19 and was finally complete 11/07. Wow that took a while!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Was finally marked complete yesterday. Submitted my app 7/21. Probably not a good sign that it took so long! OOS and not mission based, but have lived 20 minutes from campus (in WA) for the past 15 years.

Was finally marked complete yesterday. Submitted my app 7/21. Probably not a good sign that it took so long! OOS and not mission based, but have lived 20 minutes from campus (in WA) for the past 15 years.

I dont think thats a bad sign per se since OHSU strongly prioritizes reviewing IS and mission groups before everyone else.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS LM 72 interviewed 9/24 hold today
Edit: reapplicant

Reactions: 1 user
si0mvgmif2y31.jpg

In-state, complete on 7/22. Crickets.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So just to be clear, after I receive the initial acceptance email I just wait the 4-6 weeks for them to send me an acceptance letter/packet? Just feels odd to not have to immediately confirm my acceptance somewhere.

Yeah, I was accepted 10/23 and got the official acceptance packet like 5 minutes ago. They also give you 2 weeks after that to respond to the offer :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else still hear silence after completing the interview?

Reactions: 3 users
They seem to go through the IS and heritage folks first.

They aren't even through the IS and heritage folks yet as some of us are still waiting to hear back :< though some OOS have heard back, most OOS won't here back until later

Any OOS applicants complete in early August still not yet marked complete? Should we be concerned?

Any OOS applicants complete in early August still not yet marked complete? Should we be concerned?

I submitted mid July OOS (no ties) and just got marked complete at the beginning of November if that helps ease your mind at all. No notification either, just checked the portal

+1, complete 8/7. Not quite sure how the portal should look when its marked complete, if anyone can lend some insight.

+1, complete 8/7. Not quite sure how the portal should look when its marked complete, if anyone can lend some insight.
Mine has two additional purple check boxes below the original three, one says “secondary app was processed” and the other says “your file was complete on..”

soooooooooo has anyone figured out what complete/processed means? Is it like, "yeah you have all your paperwork and now will be forwarded to review" or like "yeah, we've reviewed your file"?

soooooooooo has anyone figured out what complete/processed means? Is it like, "yeah you have all your paperwork and now will be forwarded to review" or like "yeah, we've reviewed your file"?
From my understanding, they've screened your file (a person may or may not have looked at it yet). That puts you on hold with the program so they can decide when/if they want to interview you after further review.

Also.... has anyone been invited to the December interview for MD/PhD yet?

Anyone thats interviewed, do you remember how they want thank you notes addressed or sent to? Do we send one for MMI and 1 on 1?
They asked for interviewees to send their thank you notes to the MD admissions email (same email you set up the interview with) and I remember she stressed that this was by far the easiest way to do it.

You can write out separate ones for MMI and 1 on 1, but I just copy and pasted a thank you note to my 1 on 1 interviewer right into the email I sent to Ms. Kriedberg. She distributes them from there!

I'm interviewing here soon and was wondering if anyone can give any feedback (thoughts, feelings) about the interviews and how to prepare? Thanks!

In-state II 30 minutes ago. 3.42 GPA, 507 -> 511 MCAT (applied with 507 and got new scores in October.

First II of cycle, glad to just have one at all!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone who interviewed 10/22 hear back yet?
I don’t think most people have heard back. To my knowledge, limited acceptances have been given out and a decent amount of people are on hold. I interviewed 10/1 and have silence.

I don’t think most people have heard back. To my knowledge, limited acceptances have been given out and a decent amount of people are on hold. I interviewed 10/1 and have silence.
I guess I’m inpatient! I got into a DO school and they want a hefty deposit by mid-Dec. I’d like to hear back before

I hear ya. From my understanding OHSU will hand out some acceptances in December (likely around Christmas/new years). After that I believe the next big chunk of acceptances is around April.

For those that interviewed, did the interview day actually end at 5:30 pm? I was thinking about booking at 7:30 pm flight home but don't want to miss it...

For those that interviewed, did the interview day actually end at 5:30 pm? I was thinking about booking at 7:30 pm flight home but don't want to miss it...

Depends on when your 1 on 1 interview is scheduled for. My day ended around 330 because my 1 on 1 was at 3. The latest in my particular group was a 4 PM interview, but I have heard others getting booked at 5. Kinda luck of the draw.

I'm an Oregonian, and I just want to warn you that Portland traffic back to PDX will be rather congested. I was the first to interview around 3 or so and remember hitting the road at 4:00 easily, but there were people who were interviewing 1 hour after me.

Could be as late as 5 but like others have said traffic will be awful. I would recommend taking the tram down to south waterfront and picking up the max at pioneer square. It goes from downtown all the way to the airport and won't be affected by traffic.