2019-2020 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Rutgers University New Jersey

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeayyy. Good Luck Guys!! Have you been in contacts with Dr. H?
Amcas still hasn't received one of my transcripts, wish I sent it May first =[

Hey everyone! I'm a current 3rd year at NJMS. If anyone has any questions about the school, my experiences here, or the application process in general feel free to message me!

Reactions: 1 users
I think they are being sent out next Monday!
They're gonna get to ED applicants first, and judging by past threads, they're the same prompts for RD applicants... so whoever's applying ED... we would love y'all forever :))

Reactions: 1 user
They're gonna get to ED applicants first, and judging by past threads, they're the same prompts for RD applicants... so whoever's applying ED... we would love y'all forever :))
Sorry, they’re meant to stay confidential. I’m sure the RD secondary will be sent early July!

Applied ED & app verified by AMCAS on May 31st

Has anyone who met with Dean Rivero gotten the secondary questions?

Last edited:
Applied ED & app verified by AMCAS on May 31st

Has anyone who met with Dean Rivero gotten the secondary questions?
You just have to email her or Dean Heinrich and they'll email you the questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was up at 5am so maybe I did jump the gun a little...
Haha! Yeah, I’m assuming it could be at any point today. They just receive access today, so it won’t happen immediately.

Do you guys know how we will receive access? Are we already supposed to have a Rutgers portal login or will they provide one to us when they /officially/ send the secondary out?

We will get an email that invites us to the portal

Also, the committee won’t begin reviewing one’s application until it is received in full. This means even if its verified, if MCAT/rec letters/etc have not been received, they won’t review.

Did anyone else get one yet? Nothing for me so far

Reactions: 3 users
Any other ED people not get the secondary yet? I’ve been verified for a couple of weeks.

Any other ED people not get the secondary yet? I’ve been verified for a couple of weeks.
There’s a good possibility the only ones who received secondaries today thus far are ED reapplicants

Reactions: 3 users
Mhm, okay well thank you! I will probably wait until Monday before I start worrying too much.

edit: first time ED applicant, verified second week of June

Nothing for me either. I was told they would be checking out the first round of apps this weekend. Maybe that's the prescreen and we will get them on Monday.

I honestly think they are sending out the secondaries in batches for the ED people, so that they aren’t flooded with everyone at once and so that they can see the applicants they MIGHT have preference for first. But, then again, its a matter of a few days.

Got the secondary!

They were having issues with the secondary system. They are sending it out now. I do believe they might prioritize sending secondaries to re-applicant ED applicants (WHICH I AM)

They were having issues with the secondary system. They are sending it out now. I do believe they might prioritize sending secondaries to re-applicant ED applicants (WHICH I AM)

How do you know they were having issues?

That would make sense. Have you received it?

I emailed the application help email and I got a response saying they were having an issue with duplicate questions. Otherwise, the application system looks fine.

Also, I am a first time applicant and got the email at 5 am so I feel like it’s just their system sending them to people at different times. May not be for any particular reason.

I emailed the application help email and I got a response saying they were having an issue with duplicate questions. Otherwise, the application system looks fine.

Also, I am a first time applicant and got the email at 5 am so I feel like it’s just their system sending them to people at different times. May not be for any particular reason.

Did they fix that issue for you or did you just submit it anyways?

Did they fix that issue for you or did you just submit it anyways?

They told me they are working on the issue but for now to just put the same answer in the duplicates and submit when ready.

For people that spoke to the Deans did they give you an explicit "you should apply ED" or was it implied?

For the people who got secondaries, can someone post the essay questions?

Anyone else applying ED having trouble creating an account? Each time I click the reset password link, I am receiving "The token for resetting password is invalid"

Anyone else applying ED having trouble creating an account? Each time I click the reset password link, I am receiving "The token for resetting password is invalid"
No, I haven’t. I would suggest calling tomorrow.

I had a problem at first, it said check email for the password reset, but i wasn't getting the email. Then, I switched to google chrome and its worked. But your problems sounds different.