2019-2020 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear anything for ED since last week's acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Guessing this will only be speculation but from the MSAR data it says 50 people applied ED last year. I found on the NJMS website that they accept about 385 student a year (178 matriculate). How many people do you think they interview from the 50 ED? And how many do you guys think they take from that pool?

Members don't see this ad :)
Guessing this will only be speculation but from the MSAR data it says 50 people applied ED last year. I found on the NJMS website that they accept about 385 student a year (178 matriculate). How many people do you think they interview from the 50 ED? And how many do you guys think they take from that pool?

I think it was 50 people who get in not 50 applicants

Reactions: 1 user
I remember hearing at the NJMS admission seminar that they get about 60 ED applications a year.

Edit: or was it accepted? Cause then that would mean 83% of ED are accepted and that seems high. Or it could be because Dr. H or Ms. R correctly advise who should do ED.

Last edited:
I remember hearing at the NJMS admission seminar that they get about 60 ED applications a year.

Edit: or was it accepted? Cause then that would mean 83% of ED are accepted and that seems high. Or it could be because Dr. H or Ms. R correctly advise who should do ED.
I thought it was 90 applied and 60ish in

How’d you get the 83%?

50 accepted/60 applied = 83%

This makes more sense. Which means ~ 66% of ED are accepted. All I remember is something with 60. It makes more sense that 60 are accepted.
So 66% of applicants, but that’s total number of ED applicants, not applicants who were ED and received an interview, right?

So 66% of applicants, but that’s total number of ED applicants, not applicants who were ED and received an interview, right?

Would love to know the stats on interviewed ED vs Accepted but I am not sure we could find that.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah 66% chance is pretty good. But Its probably because Dr.H and Mr.R do a great job advising who should apply. I know people who were advised by them not to apply ED. There's gotta be people who apply that don't consult with them.

Last edited:
For the "descriptors or information you consider important to your identity" did y'all write it in a list or sentence form?

Anyone who applied ED hear back that they were deferred to RD yet or have only the accepted people heard back?

Thanks feels so weird!!!!
Interviewed ~ 2wks ago, 3.9/515 retake

Reactions: 2 users
For the optional essay, is why NJMS important for an OOS applicant?

Good luck to the folks who interviewed last week! This weekend is gonna be big for some of us :thumbup:

Edit: hopefully all of us

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone leave the Please share any other descriptors or information you consider important to your identity "question" blank? I'm not sure what else to add since I just elaborated on my ethnicity and culture in the two prior questions.

deleted! have a good one!

Last edited:

For this question, it only has one line available making me think this should be short and concise, but as an OOS I have a lot of connections and I could write a paragraph... anyone know what they're looking for here?

I’m OOS as well. I went with the 1500 character limit on that line and used most of them. It worked for me. I think they like people with strong ties so I would utilize it.

Got the call !!!!!

Interviewed 7/16

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Got the call! I was a bit shellshocked during the conversation, so I don't remember what I said, or the 100% accuracy of what I'm about to say....but I'm pretty sure Dr. H mentioned e-mails coming out tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the II for MD/PhD regular decision!

Last edited:
Accepted!

Very Non-trad. ~510 MCAT 3.95 SMP Interviewed about two weeks ago.

• NJMS is committed to fostering a collaborative and cohesive environment. With this in mind, how will you contribute to our medical school community?
Having trouble interpreting this question. Are they asking for your attributes pretty much? It isn't really a diversity question right?

• NJMS is committed to fostering a collaborative and cohesive environment. With this in mind, how will you contribute to our medical school community?
Having trouble interpreting this question. Are they asking for your attributes pretty much? It isn't really a diversity question right?
I treated this as a diversity question, but just tailored it to discuss how that diversity will benefit the collaborative environment of NJMS.

I treated this as a diversity question, but just tailored it to discuss how that diversity will benefit the collaborative environment of NJMS.
+1, literal copy and paste :D