-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Rutgers, New Jersey
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Hope I’m next 🙁 what dates available?Just got an interview invite! (ED)
Congrats! Hope I’m next 🙁 what dates available?
Thanks!
There were a lot of dates open for the whole month of July starting with July 9th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FYI their AMCAS vendor is having issues so they will email back when it is resolvedAnyone else applying ED having trouble creating an account? Each time I click the reset password link, I am receiving "The token for resetting password is invalid"
For people that spoke to the Deans did they give you an explicit "you should apply ED" or was it implied?
After discussion of most of my application, I was asked if I had considered applying ED, never explicitly told to do so. Regardless the overall conversation made me feel confident in applying ED
D
deleted906520
I submitted last night, but my application isn’t complete yet. It should be tomorrow.
Does anyone know if they will review over the holiday break (July 5th-7th?)?
Does anyone know if they will review over the holiday break (July 5th-7th?)?
Submitted on Monday and got my II a little while ago 🙂
Congratulations and happy holidays! Could you share what interview days were available?
D
deleted906520
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?Submitted on Monday and got my II a little while ago 🙂
Ziggler
New Member
Congratulations and happy holidays! Could you share what interview days were available?
Some scattered throughout July. I don't remember exactly. I'd say 8 days randomly after the 18th?
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?
GPA ~3.5, MCAT ~516, nontrad.
D
deleted983872
Are there any RD applicants on here? lol getting anxious about this secondary
RD here, no secondary yetAre there any RD applicants on here? lol getting anxious about this secondary
Some scattered throughout July. I don't remember exactly. I'd say 8 days randomly after the 18th?
But nothing before the 18th? Sorry I won't be complete for a short while longer so I'm trying to see when an interview might be
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Imma_doc_in_my_dreams
New Member
I'm RD as well. Hoping they send the secondary before the weekend!
II this morning! (ED)
Out of curiosity- what days were available for you?
Out of curiosity- what days were available for you?
The earliest available was the 16th which is when I scheduled my interview for. There was a bunch of availability the 18th and on.
Hello EveryONE! Are the secondary prompts similar to last year? I am trying to prepare for it haha
II this morning!
+1, i think they don't send until like mid-july since they deal with EDs first.no secondaries yet. Anybody???
MedicalDog
New Member
Hi all, thought I would share this handy timeline on the admissions page for NJMS that might be helpful to both ED and RD applicants that have been wondering when they might be getting things. Might be slightly off; interviews for ED began July 2nd.
D
deleted906520
Congrats! The first one! Mind sharing your stats?JUST GOT THE CALL!! I’VE BEEN ACCEPTED
MedicalDog
New Member
got the call today as well. ~3.6 515 mcat. Traditional student
When did you interview?got the call today as well. ~3.6 515 mcat. Traditional student
Congrats! The first one! Mind sharing your stats?
508 MCAT 3.8 GPA !
MedicalDog
New Member
July 2ndWhen did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all who were accepted! Would anyone be willing to share how their interview went/kinds of questions?
Congrats to all who were accepted! Would anyone be willing to share how their interview went/kinds of questions?
Interview was laid back, questions were standard. Of course it is variable who interviews you.
D
deleted906520
Anyone hear back over the weekend?
Secondary just now RD
Edit: same essays as last year
Edit: same essays as last year
What’s the character/word limit?Secondary just now RD
Edit: same essays as last year
1500 for all of them.What’s the character/word limit?
Submitted and complete right away!
Secondary finally received!
+1Secondary finally received!
Received secondary for MDPhD
Im IS as well, i think I might leave it blank. they way its phrased seems like they're looking for more of grade fluctuations, etc.Anyone putting a why NJMS for the optional essay? I'm in state, not sure if I should leave it blank
I was thinking that too, just gonna submit it blankIm IS as well, i think I might leave it blank. they way its phrased seems like they're looking for more of grade fluctuations, etc.
Integrity is a core value at NJMS. Please share your thoughts on Integrity. Additionally, we seek students who are self-aware, resilient and adaptable. Discuss a personal or professional challenge you have experienced and how you resolved it.
Do you guys think our challenge has to be centered around integrity? Also,are they really expecting us to have different views of what integrity means
Do you guys think our challenge has to be centered around integrity? Also,are they really expecting us to have different views of what integrity means
Integrity is a core value at NJMS. Please share your thoughts on Integrity. Additionally, we seek students who are self-aware, resilient and adaptable. Discuss a personal or professional challenge you have experienced and how you resolved it.
Do you guys think our challenge has to be centered around integrity? Also,are they really expecting us to have different views of what integrity means
I talked about a personal anecdote where i had to use integrity to solve a professional challenge. So I tried answering the integrity question and also challenge part.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if questions didn't apply to you, did you put "N/A" or just left it blank?
if questions didn't apply to you, did you put "N/A" or just left it blank?
I put N/A cause why not. Its like subtle hint of I'm not lazy lol
Left them blank and the app went through fine. I can't imagine that it matters.if questions didn't apply to you, did you put "N/A" or just left it blank?