2019-2020 Saint Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, not sure if this has been asked before, but does anyone know the CTE deadline for SLU?
I believe it is July 6th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
are you guys going to send additional LOIs? i've already sent one but they keep sending out these emails so im like should i be sending more?? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
are you guys going to send additional LOIs? i've already sent one but they keep sending out these emails so im like should i be sending more?? lol

Haha i thought about this too in the morning. I have already sent 2 but not sure if this is an automated message every month to ensure those not interest let them know so they can continue to consider those that are OR asking us to keep sending stuff.

Just withdrew my A. Best of luck to the other applicants!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 11 users
For those who are wondering, I just called admissions and was told the wait list is still moving. They can’t anticipate how much more movement there will be, but she said in prior cycles, they have accepted people during orientation week. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
For those who are wondering, I just called admissions and was told the wait list is still moving. They can’t anticipate how much more movement there will be, but she said in prior cycles, they have accepted people during orientation week. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Thanks so much for the insight! It does help ease some of the nerves and neuroticism. Let's just hope all of us waiting fall somewhere within the ranks to get pulled off WL into A.

Reactions: 4 users
Forgot to post earlier but I have pulled my name off the waitlist. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Hopefully by tomorrow, first Friday of the month.

Last edited:
So how does the CTE work if it’s July 6th? does that mean those who have acceptances and did not CTE loose their spot? Or they get extra days to decide after CTE ?

And does that mean there should be a significant movement after the CTE date July 6th because it would mean they either accept or withdraw which would make the waitlist movement move?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got off the waitlist this past week. I really loved SLU, it was incredibly difficult for me to turn down this one. I hope it goes to one of you still waiting to hear back! :)

Reactions: 5 users
I got off the waitlist this past week. I really loved SLU, it was incredibly difficult for me to turn down this one. I hope it goes to one of you still waiting to hear back! :)

When did you interview and did they send your acceptance via email ?

R just now. Until next year, folks!
Same :/ it sucks, but I know things will get better from here. Do you think it would be wise to reach out to the admissions team and ask them in which areas our application was weak so that we could improve upon it in the coming year?

Reactions: 1 users
I was just about to ask on SDN if they give feedback
Same :/ it sucks, but I know things will get better from here. Do you think it would be wise to reach out to the admissions team and ask them in which areas our application was weak so that we could improve upon it in the coming year?

Easier said then done, but we have to keep our heads up everyone! Focus on either retaking MCAT, maybe a Masters, and submit everything early!!! We will make it there when the time is right!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm sorry y'all were rejected. As a re-applicant, I understand the feeling all too well.

A small shred of hope for those of you who are still on the waitlist, I believe towards the beginning of this thread, a 2019 EY interviewee who reapplied for the 2020 EY was accepted without having to interview again. Admissions called and confirmed they were accepted based on their prior year interview. For those of you who are already be working on the 2021 EY application, there is a chance you may not have to re-interview. I don't know if this also applies to the 2022 EY re-applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sorry y'all were rejected. As a re-applicant, I understand the feeling all too well.

A small shred of hope for those of you who are still on the waitlist, I believe towards the beginning of this thread, a 2019 EY interviewee who reapplied for the 2020 EY was accepted without having to interview again. Admissions called and confirmed they were accepted based on their prior year interview. For those of you who are already be working on the 2021 EY application, there is a chance you may not have to re-interview. I don't know if this also applies to the 2022 EY re-applicants.
EY?

R this morning as well. Welp, holding on to 1 more WL but re-submitted AMCAS last week and registered for MCAT retake next month.

Best of luck to you all and hope to see you in this year's new thread, whenever that gets started. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Did they close the WL, or is anyone still on it? Just curious.

Last edited:
Did they close the WL, or is anyone still on it? Just curious.
I called yesterday and was told the waitlist is still active even though we haven't received that monthly email. They are starting to close the list since their orientation week is coming up on July 27th. The people who received the rejection letters were likely towards the bottom of the list.

Anyone heard any update for WL movement? I emailed them this week but no response yet ://

Rejection letter received. Today is SLU's first day of orientation just FYI