You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Saint Louis
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WhatsUpPup
Full Member
At least that email made me feel alive
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are you guys going to send additional LOIs? i've already sent one but they keep sending out these emails so im like should i be sending more?? lol
Haha i thought about this too in the morning. I have already sent 2 but not sure if this is an automated message every month to ensure those not interest let them know so they can continue to consider those that are OR asking us to keep sending stuff.
Just withdrew my A. Best of luck to the other applicants!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For those who are wondering, I just called admissions and was told the wait list is still moving. They can’t anticipate how much more movement there will be, but she said in prior cycles, they have accepted people during orientation week. Hope this helps!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
For those who are wondering, I just called admissions and was told the wait list is still moving. They can’t anticipate how much more movement there will be, but she said in prior cycles, they have accepted people during orientation week. Hope this helps!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Thanks so much for the insight! It does help ease some of the nerves and neuroticism. Let's just hope all of us waiting fall somewhere within the ranks to get pulled off WL into A.
Forgot to post earlier but I have pulled my name off the waitlist. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!
sasquatch123
Full Member
Any news about WL movement?
daffymed213
New Member
Hopefully by tomorrow, first Friday of the month.
Last edited:
Probably more like Monday since tomorrow is forth of July observance day and SLU might be closedHopefully by tomorrow, first Friday of the month.
So how does the CTE work if it’s July 6th? does that mean those who have acceptances and did not CTE loose their spot? Or they get extra days to decide after CTE ?
And does that mean there should be a significant movement after the CTE date July 6th because it would mean they either accept or withdraw which would make the waitlist movement move?
And does that mean there should be a significant movement after the CTE date July 6th because it would mean they either accept or withdraw which would make the waitlist movement move?
I got off the waitlist this past week. I really loved SLU, it was incredibly difficult for me to turn down this one. I hope it goes to one of you still waiting to hear back! 🙂
I got off the waitlist this past week. I really loved SLU, it was incredibly difficult for me to turn down this one. I hope it goes to one of you still waiting to hear back! 🙂
When did you interview and did they send your acceptance via email ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed in late January. Yup they sent me my acceptance via email!When did you interview and did they send your acceptance via email ?
Microscopemaster
New Member
I just got off the waitlist! Just got the call.
sasquatch123
Full Member
Congrats!!! Will you be attending?I just got off the waitlist! Just got the call.
I just got off the waitlist! Just got the call.
CONGRATS!!!
Hope the rest of us get calls too.
Does anyone know if they alternate then between Emails and Phone Calls? I thought it was emails only.
Microscopemaster
New Member
Thank you! I will be attending. I hope the rest of you get acceptances. You all deserve them.Congrats!!! Will you be attending?
R just now. Until next year, folks!
naveelttil
Full Member
Same :/ it sucks, but I know things will get better from here. Do you think it would be wise to reach out to the admissions team and ask them in which areas our application was weak so that we could improve upon it in the coming year?R just now. Until next year, folks!
I was just about to ask on SDN if they give feedback
Same :/ it sucks, but I know things will get better from here. Do you think it would be wise to reach out to the admissions team and ask them in which areas our application was weak so that we could improve upon it in the coming year?
Same 🙁 2 WLs left to give me some minuscule level of hopeR just now. Until next year, folks!
daffymed213
New Member
Easier said then done, but we have to keep our heads up everyone! Focus on either retaking MCAT, maybe a Masters, and submit everything early!!! We will make it there when the time is right!
I'm sorry y'all were rejected. As a re-applicant, I understand the feeling all too well.
A small shred of hope for those of you who are still on the waitlist, I believe towards the beginning of this thread, a 2019 EY interviewee who reapplied for the 2020 EY was accepted without having to interview again. Admissions called and confirmed they were accepted based on their prior year interview. For those of you who are already be working on the 2021 EY application, there is a chance you may not have to re-interview. I don't know if this also applies to the 2022 EY re-applicants.
A small shred of hope for those of you who are still on the waitlist, I believe towards the beginning of this thread, a 2019 EY interviewee who reapplied for the 2020 EY was accepted without having to interview again. Admissions called and confirmed they were accepted based on their prior year interview. For those of you who are already be working on the 2021 EY application, there is a chance you may not have to re-interview. I don't know if this also applies to the 2022 EY re-applicants.
EY?I'm sorry y'all were rejected. As a re-applicant, I understand the feeling all too well.
A small shred of hope for those of you who are still on the waitlist, I believe towards the beginning of this thread, a 2019 EY interviewee who reapplied for the 2020 EY was accepted without having to interview again. Admissions called and confirmed they were accepted based on their prior year interview. For those of you who are already be working on the 2021 EY application, there is a chance you may not have to re-interview. I don't know if this also applies to the 2022 EY re-applicants.
R this morning as well. Welp, holding on to 1 more WL but re-submitted AMCAS last week and registered for MCAT retake next month.
Best of luck to you all and hope to see you in this year's new thread, whenever that gets started. 🙂
Best of luck to you all and hope to see you in this year's new thread, whenever that gets started. 🙂
Entry year, as in the year you start med school once accepted.
Did they close the WL, or is anyone still on it? Just curious.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called yesterday and was told the waitlist is still active even though we haven't received that monthly email. They are starting to close the list since their orientation week is coming up on July 27th. The people who received the rejection letters were likely towards the bottom of the list.Did they close the WL, or is anyone still on it? Just curious.
sasquatch123
Full Member
Anyone heard any update for WL movement? I emailed them this week but no response yet ://