2019-2020 Saint Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just looked, and last year they had movement starting on 4/23, 5 days after a similar email was sent. Maybe we'll hear something before 5/1
This quarantine really be giving us a LOT of extra time to do sleuthing huh XD

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Is there another post other then this one where people communicate concerning this years class ?

Members don't see this ad :)
any chance anyone on here knows if there's an estimate of WL numbers for this past years admitted class? or a rough ballpark of what to expect?

if i've already submitted a letter of interest (post alternate list notification) in January, and then an update letter in March - is it advisable to submit one more? or probs not because its a ranked waitlist anyways? any guidance would be helpful!

For those accepted, does SLU call or email for acceptances?

Reactions: 1 user
Idk if this has been asked, but is the WL here ranked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just withdrew my A. Good luck to all!

Reactions: 13 users
Joining the withdrawal train lol. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Either or, though if you're interested in an academic job later on and want a lot of research experience, WUSTL would be the one to go to. They have more resources and connections that can get you into papers and presentations more readily than SLU can. Research at SLU is hit or miss -- you really need to look up your PI beforehand to see how prolific they are, and if their pubs historically include other students/residents on them. Research is definitely something you can do year-round or focused on the summer. It depends on what you hope to get out of it and how gung ho you are about completing the research. I say that because I've had experience working with other SLU med students that jumped onto projects and pretty much piggy-backed without contributing much except for attending meetings.

Thank you! With the option of WashU research that makes SLU a lot more appealing :)

Thank you! With the option of WashU research that makes SLU a lot more appealing :)
One heads up is that because of the epharmix stuff that happened, WashU has made it much harder to just start up there. You have to either be paid or receive credit

Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck to all the waitlisters!

Reactions: 8 users
Can any accepted international students (including canadians) who are planning on attending pm me? its about the escrow... thanks!!

Wait whatttt how are those linked?
Major IRB issues (epharmix) Part speculation, but WashU instituted those changes soon after it happened. Still possible to do research there, just not as easy as it used to be

Last edited:
Major IRB issues (epharmix) Part speculation, but WashU instituted those changes soon after it happened. Still possible to do research there, just not as easy as it used to be

Ooooh I'm a researcher (not affiliated with WashU or SLU at all) - IRB issues? What happened with Epharmix?

Just got accepted off the alternate list! Will most likely be withdrawing

Just got accepted off the alternate list! Will most likely be withdrawing

WOW!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! WISHING YOU THE BEST ON THIS NEW CHAPTER AND THANK YOU FOR THINKING OF US ON THE WL.

GOOD NEWS IS THAT IT IS ALREADY STARTING AND MY HEART IS PALPITATING!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Ooooh I'm a researcher (not affiliated with WashU or SLU at all) - IRB issues? What happened with Epharmix?
Per email from our dean, research was done without IRB approval. Don't know if it ever got resolved after that email though, I haven't heard anything about them since.

• Wow
Does anyone know how late they stop sending People Acceptance Emails from
The alternate List. Like do they stop after business hours ?

Maybe this was discussed already but does anybody know about how big the WL is vs. how many they accept? They seem to be kinda secretive about it lol

Maybe this was discussed already but does anybody know about how big the WL is vs. how many they accept? They seem to be kinda secretive about it lol
they interview about 800 per amcas and accept prob 2.2 people per seat its like 180 seats right so 396 acceptances. rest are waitlist ~400 folks on WL

thats quick maths sorry if wrong

they interview about 800 per amcas and accept prob 2.2 people per seat its like 180 seats right so 396 acceptances. rest are waitlist ~400 folks on WL

thats quick maths sorry if wrong
where did that 2.2 figure come from? and do they not reject anyone post-interview?

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday (5/1)! Super excited for my first A! Interviewed 2/24, waitlisted 3/30, update/interest letter uploaded 3/31

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday (5/1)! Super excited for my first A! Interviewed 2/24, waitlisted 3/30, update/interest letter uploaded 3/31
Congratulations and Wasn’t that the last interview date ?

Accepted off of alternate list, withdrawing. GL to everybody, it's a great school in an amazing city!

Reactions: 6 users
will a letter of interest/intent here have any effect on the WL since its ranked ?

I got accepted today. Interviewed 2/25. OOS, LM 70-72. Veteran. Hoping to receive financial aid info prior to deciding (1 week).

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I got accepted today. Interviewed 2/25. OOS, LM 70-72. Veteran. Hoping to receive financial aid info prior to deciding (1 week).
Congrats! Were you accepted off of the WL?

hoping there’s more movement. i have multiple WL and 0 As :(

Reactions: 7 users
Just withdrew my A, hopefully there is more WL movement soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 10 users
Just withdrew my A as well. I hope someone on here gets it.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users