You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Seton Hall
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hold up. Have I literally been sitting here for three days wondering why I never got a "application under review" email all because I forgot to upload a picture of my face..... Omg... You would think I know what I'm doing now after months of secondaries....I've uploaded my photo and my secondary has been completed since 9/8 and I still haven't received the under preliminary review email. Am I missing something?
+1I've uploaded my photo and my secondary has been completed since 9/8 and I still haven't received the under preliminary review email. Am I missing something?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WOW just realized you had to press the "Done uploading documents" at the bottom......
They have a diversity statement on their website that mentions sexual orientation. I checked before submitting since I mention it quite a bit.How is Seton-Hall when it comes to LGBT? Are they similar to Loyola or more similar to Loma Linda?
“Work to create a welcoming, safe, and inclusive environment for all minority students, including the Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender (LGBT) community, and provide opportunities for students working with faculty mentors to design, lead and participate in community outreach projects that target health care needs and disparities in the communities served by SHU and HMH.”
I wasn't sure if that's what you had to do or not since they allow updates, but those must be through email. I'll hit that button I guessWOW just realized you had to press the "Done uploading documents" at the bottom......
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
I heard that they won’t be interviewing until October.
MaelTheSun
Full Member
I wasn't sure if that's what you had to do or not since they allow updates, but those must be through email. I'll hit that button I guess
Same thought process. Because once you hit done uploading, you can't add written updates through it after that. Anyone under prelim review want to chime in?
That’s why I didn’t hit it either at first... I figured since they still allow other updates it was through there... but I guess not?I wasn't sure if that's what you had to do or not since they allow updates, but those must be through email. I'll hit that button I guess
Have you gotten the under review email yet?That’s why I didn’t hit it either at first... I figured since they still allow other updates it was through there... but I guess not?
No, but I did it this morning so don't know how fast the turn around isHave you gotten the under review email yet?
D
deleted994889
WOW just realized you had to press the "Done uploading documents" at the bottom......
😱😱😱 I love you for posting this (and in general for being a cool person)
Last edited by a moderator:
I believe shadowing a MD counts, right?Just for anyone wondering about the clinical LOR requirement, I asked and they were not willing to make an exception, so it's probably pretty firm. Might be worth trying to get one now if you don't have one.
Yes if you've got a letter from them!
I believe shadowing a MD counts, right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank god because I was not going to go seek another letterYes if you've got a letter from them!
So I'll look out tomorrow since I just got the done uploading documents thing even though I had my photo in (wasn't very obvious to me).I submitted September 7 and got the under preliminary review email September 9 if this helps
9
993444
Just to clarify... there isn't any automated email that you get after uploading the photo and submitting/paying the secondary?
Wow I just submitted and I had no idea SHU was a Catholic university until just now. But that's a pretty explicitly inclusive statement, which I like to see!They have a diversity statement on their website that mentions sexual orientation. I checked before submitting since I mention it quite a bit.
“Work to create a welcoming, safe, and inclusive environment for all minority students, including the Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender (LGBT) community, and provide opportunities for students working with faculty mentors to design, lead and participate in community outreach projects that target health care needs and disparities in the communities served by SHU and HMH.”
Definitely not automatic, since I still have not received the email even after hitting that done uploading docs button 2 days ago.Just to clarify... there isn't any automated email that you get after uploading the photo and submitting/paying the secondary?
+1Definitely not automatic, since I still have not received the email even after hitting that done uploading docs button 2 days ago.
Submitted yesterday, uploaded pic and clicked the 'done uploading docs' button. Under preliminary review today!
me!anyone submit the first/second day of receiving secondary and still not under preliminary review?
Got the diversity email saying they look forward to reading my application, but never got the “under review” email after submitting. Guess they’re not that excited about my app?? 🤔
I took it as they are excited because in my secondary I wrote about diversity and inclusion explicitly about why I was excited to apply. 🤓Got the diversity email saying they look forward to reading my application, but never got the “under review” email after submitting. Guess they’re not that excited about my app?? 🤔
This school is confusing the hell out of me. Originally got the complete email, then got an email telling me my doctor of pharmacy degree (0-6 program) does not initially satisfy the requirement of a bachelors degree and am currently on hold, now I get an email about how they are excited to review my secondary... what is going on lmao
I got the diversity email without even submitting the secondary yet
+1 lol
D
deleted995978
"lmao gottem" -seton hall
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nontrad_Reapp
Full Member
Same email. Not sure what to make of thatGot the diversity email saying they look forward to reading my application, but never got the “under review” email after submitting. Guess they’re not that excited about my app?? 🤔
+2 hahaha+1 lol
I believe so!
Is the diversity email being sent to everyone?
+2+1 lol
Nearly had a heard attack thinking it was a rejection before I remembered I haven’t submitted my secondary yet
Lol well I take it back. I’m now under preliminary review...
Under preliminary review email today!! So I guess you do have to press “done uploading docs.”
+2
Nearly had a heard attack thinking it was a rejection before I remembered I haven’t submitted my secondary yet
I almost had stroke thinking by some God-given privilege I had been granted an interview without even having submitted my secondary. 🙄
Nontrad_Reapp
Full Member
Under preliminary review
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Hoping they send out interviews soon.
Finally same 😆Lol well I take it back. I’m now under preliminary review...
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
What time did you get the emailFinally same 😆
2:45 ESTWhat time did you get the email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+12:45 EST
Under preliminary review as well!. Submitted secondary on 9/10
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
It seems like they have began a review of new apps which makes me thinks Interviews should be coming out soon. They said they will begin interviewing in October