You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Seton Hall
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
if my portal shows "uploaded" for documents and "Thank you for completing your secondary application." am I just in purgatory or something bc I never got any email after and submitted it on September 8th?
I got the under preliminary review one I think on the 12th or 13th which was a couple days after hitting done on the documents page (since I didn't realize you had to do that after submitting the photo). But have not gotten the email saying that they are done with the preliminary review. Though in that email it said it would take 3-5 weeks.if my portal shows "uploaded" for documents and "Thank you for completing your secondary application." am I just in purgatory or something bc I never got any email after and submitted it on September 8th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if my portal shows "uploaded" for documents and "Thank you for completing your secondary application." am I just in purgatory or something bc I never got any email after and submitted it on September 8th?
I'm in the same situation....Weird that people seem to have gotten other emails after submitting but I'm sure that
I've completed everything..
D
deleted1007162
I also got the prelim review complete email a few days ago. But it seems like those who get those emails, applies to most schools, are tucked aside in pre-ii hold until further notice
I also got the prelim review complete email a few days ago. But it seems like those who get those emails, applies to most schools, are tucked aside in pre-ii hold until further notice
...So to be clear, you're speculating that receiving that email is a bad thing?
I also got the prelim review complete email a few days ago. But it seems like those who get those emails, applies to most schools, are tucked aside in pre-ii hold until further notice
or...
it means their adcom committee is structured so they have a small number of members reviewing prereq requirements, MCAT score, LORs, etc. (re: preliminary review) that are then sent to "higher-up" admission committee members who make the decision for II, hold, or rejection.
i know this is common among several medical schools I applied to.
I haven't received any preliminary review complete email and I got the email saying my application is under preliminary review on 9/9.
or it could mean that their office is understaffed and it might be taking a while to get back to us.
This school especially had to push back their secondary invite date. Let's be patient, guys. They are just busily reviewing our apps, but there are just too many of those.
This school especially had to push back their secondary invite date. Let's be patient, guys. They are just busily reviewing our apps, but there are just too many of those.
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Does anyone know how many they are looking to have in the class ? I know with new schools they gradually increase
MSAR says 114Does anyone know how many they are looking to have in the class ? I know with new schools they gradually increase
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Yea but I don’t think there msar was update when you look at the amount acceptedMSAR says 114
Should I call them if I have not received the preliminary review email yet?
Its not in my spam either and I submitted two weeks ago
Its not in my spam either and I submitted two weeks ago
Theyre looking to increase their class this year i thinkYea but I don’t think there msar was update when you look at the amount accepted
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
We should be hearing soon they said they want to start interviewing in OctoberTheyre looking to increase their class this year i think
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted787552
How is Seton-Hall when it comes to LGBT? Are they similar to Loyola or more similar to Loma Linda?
Wow I just submitted and I had no idea SHU was a Catholic university until just now. But that's a pretty explicitly inclusive statement, which I like to see!
They’re very big on supporting the LGBT community. There’s a lot of people in my class who identify as such and they’re very accommodating
Same I’m in state do they have a preference ?
Anecdotally it seems like they do. The majority of my class is from the state which makes sense since a key part of the mission statement is to improve the lives of people living in New Jersey
Do they offer any additional tuition waivers or assistance for their first few classes before accreditation?
Yes. Both the first and second classes got a class scholarship of sorts with some people getting even more than that in merit scholarships. I know a couple of people in my class have full tuition but that’s pretty rare
...So to be clear, you're speculating that receiving that email is a bad thing?
Prelim review is not a good or bad thing. It just kinda exists. Everyone goes through it. Basically admissions checks whether you have taken all the classes, have the letters etc needed. Once you’re good you’re moved up to the main pool for the adcom to look at your app. Im fairly certain that it’s a manual process. At least it was last year which is why it takes a while to get through. If you passed prelim review, you’re golden. If you didn’t, you’ll get an email telling you what you’re missing
Does anyone know how many they are looking to have in the class ? I know with new schools they gradually increase
Around 112-115 is a good bet
Ok got off the phone with them.
They said that you can still take Literature in spring 2020 at an accredited college/university. They will still hand you an II invite even if you have not taken Literature
For those waiting to be on prelim reviews, they are still processing apps so they said to keep waiting!
They said that you can still take Literature in spring 2020 at an accredited college/university. They will still hand you an II invite even if you have not taken Literature
For those waiting to be on prelim reviews, they are still processing apps so they said to keep waiting!
What number did you call for them? I've been trying to get into contact with themOk got off the phone with them.
They said that you can still take Literature in spring 2020 at an accredited college/university. They will still hand you an II invite even if you have not taken Literature
For those waiting to be on prelim reviews, they are still processing apps so they said to keep waiting!
I called the number on the secondary
BUT when I spoke to them the lady gave me the number of someone from admission who she said to call moving forward. PM me and I can share it.
BUT when I spoke to them the lady gave me the number of someone from admission who she said to call moving forward. PM me and I can share it.
Just got prelim email after I called them yesterday afternoon.
Maybe it was that I called them?
Maybe it was that I called them?
Just got prelim email after I called them yesterday afternoon.
Maybe it was that I called them?
I just received prelim email as well but didn't call. Might have just been a coincidence.
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Under review or completeJust got prelim email after I called them yesterday afternoon.
Maybe it was that I called them?
the prelim review does not seem to be in order of secondary submission!
still no prelim email 🙁
Everythingintexas
Full Member
Complete 9/7 prelim review email today
Complete 9/16 and got the prelim review email today! I don’t think it’s chronological either
i would call!still no prelim email 🙁
still no prelim email 🙁
didnt you say you didnt fulfill their lit requirement? that's most likely why
not true b/c i didnt fulfill their lit requirement yet still got a prelim reviewdidnt you say you didnt fulfill their lit requirement? that's most likely why
Plus they stated they will still hand out II to ppl regardless if you have that requirement. However, to matriculate you must have that requirement. So they encouraged me to enroll in a lit class for Spring 2020
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not true b/c i didnt fulfill their lit requirement yet still got a prelim review
Plus they stated they will still hand out II to ppl regardless if you have that requirement. However, to matriculate you must have that requirement. So they encouraged me to enroll in a lit class for Spring 2020
ah k then i have no clue
I might call but honestly am lazy at this pointah k then i have no clue
Ok got off the phone with them.
They said that you can still take Literature in spring 2020 at an accredited college/university. They will still hand you an II invite even if you have not taken Literature
For those waiting to be on prelim reviews, they are still processing apps so they said to keep waiting!
which number did you call to? I tried calling like ten times but no one ever picks up
Just submitted - hope this is the adcom
Preliminary review completed today
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
When did you submit ??Preliminary review completed today
Submitted 9/8, prelim review 9/9When did you submit ??
+1 completed 9/9Preliminary review completed today
.. the same reviewer is probably sending out notifications in batches. I'm sure every reviewer does things differently.How can this be an individualized review if multiple people are getting the same prelim complete email at the same time
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Are they reviewing in order of submission?.. the same reviewer is probably sending out notifications in batches. I'm sure every reviewer does things differently.
Are they reviewing in order of submission?
How would I know.. just be patient.
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
My apologies didn’t mean to respond to youHow would I know.. just be patient.
Is not getting a confirmation email after submitting your secondaries normal? It's been a week now.
Is not getting a confirmation email after submitting your secondaries normal? It's been a week now.
If you go through the previous pages of this thread, you'll see that there is a stage called "preliminary review" which can take anywhere from 1-2 weeks to get on after submitting your secondary. Then it is another 1-2 weeks until they accept your application as "complete" to which then you'll get the traditional "complete" email and enter the review queue.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My preliminary review email said it could take 3-5 weeks to go to the next stepIf you go through the previous pages of this thread, you'll see that there is a stage called "preliminary review" which can take anywhere from 1-2 weeks to get on after submitting your secondary. Then it is another 1-2 weeks until they accept your application as "complete" to which then you'll get the traditional "complete" email and enter the review queue.
Ok, so nobody has received an interview from Seton Hall yet? I submitted my secondary Septemebr 6th the day they sent them out, but it seems that because it is still within 3-5 weeks of that nobody has heard anything.
Hey, do yall think thyey will accept a DO letter for the physician letter? I would call, but apparently they dont bother to answer.
has anyone else submitted a DO letter for this? or anyone as any info? thanks in advance
has anyone else submitted a DO letter for this? or anyone as any info? thanks in advance
Hey, do yall think thyey will accept a DO letter for the physician letter? I would call, but apparently they dont bother to answer.
has anyone else submitted a DO letter for this? or anyone as any info? thanks in advance
Is that DO letter going to support your case to be an MD? Seton Hall is MD.
D
deleted787552
Yes. It’s just a healthcare worker letter so they count tooHey, do yall think thyey will accept a DO letter for the physician letter? I would call, but apparently they dont bother to answer.
has anyone else submitted a DO letter for this? or anyone as any info? thanks in advance