-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Seton Hall
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted993760
Congrats! I interviewed with you! What number was the call from? I missed a call from Hackensack and want to see if thats what it was.Just got the acceptance call!!!! Interviewed 11/21, LM74. Good luck to everyone else!
Congrats! I interviewed with you! What number was the call from? I missed a call from Hackensack and want to see if thats what it was.
It was a 551 number, I don’t want to post the full number here haha. Hopefully that was it though!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted993760
Update I got in!!It was a 551 number, I don’t want to post the full number here haha. Hopefully that was it though!
Also got an acceptance call today! Interviewed 11/21 as well.
Got the acceptance call this morning! interviewed 11/21
Nope. Nothing yetdid they get back to you? I'm on the same boat as you...and I don't know what to do at this point
student9574123
New Member
Congrats to everyone that has been accepted! I don't think that there is an accepted students page yet, but I would be interested in joining it as well.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Likewise!Congrats to everyone that has been accepted! I don't think that there is an accepted students page yet, but I would be interested in joining it as well.
D
deleted1001426
anyone know what this pre interview online video conference is? is it just like a q&a session or an actual interview?
any OOS IIs recently? (if so, what was your prelim review complete date?)
It's an actual interview but mine was pretty relaxed. Just prepare for it as you would for any other med school interview.anyone know what this pre interview online video conference is? is it just like a q&a session or an actual interview?
D
deleted977121
How do y'all let them know your Skype user, etc? I signed up for a date last week and I haven't received an e-mail about it since the automated confirmation of my signed up date.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For mine, they sent me an email the day before with the name of the interviewer and a bluejeans link to click and join the video chat. No account needed.How do y'all let them know your Skype user, etc? I signed up for a date last week and I haven't received an e-mail about it since the automated confirmation of my signed up date.
Last edited:
premeddude44
Full Member
Hey! I have the skype interview as well as the regular interview coming up this week! I was hoping someone who experienced both could answer some of my questions! For the skype interview, how do you figure out who you are skyping and what not! My other questions pertains to both types of interviews. How was each like? What kind of questions did they ask? Anything that tripped you up? Sorry, just super nervous! If someone could help answer my questions I would be very grateful! Thank you!
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
I didn't have the skype interview but for my interview(s), both were with faculty members. One was in person and one was over webcam because he couldn't make it to the interview day. Overall it was fine, the questions were straightforward and fair nothing that requires overthinking. I did take some silent moments to think about some of my responses but either way I stayed true to myself and tried to answer every questions with an example/experience.Hey! I have the skype interview as well as the regular interview coming up this week! I was hoping someone who experienced both could answer some of my questions! For the skype interview, how do you figure out who you are skyping and what not! My other questions pertains to both types of interviews. How was each like? What kind of questions did they ask? Anything that tripped you up? Sorry, just super nervous! If someone could help answer my questions I would be very grateful! Thank you!
premeddude44
Full Member
were the questions primarily about me and my interest in the school/medicine. Like were they MMI questions about doctor's choices and stuff or health care?I didn't have the skype interview but for my interview(s), both were with faculty members. One was in person and one was over webcam because he couldn't make it to the interview day. Overall it was fine, the questions were straightforward and fair nothing that requires overthinking. I did take some silent moments to think about some of my responses but either way I stayed true to myself and tried to answer every questions with an example/experience.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
The questions were primarily like why medicine, tell me about yourself, why this school, etc. and the questions were more or less tailored based on how I drove the conversation. For the second interviewer, it focused more on challenges you've had and how you've grown from them whether it was a disagreement, a conflict, etc.were the questions primarily about me and my interest in the school/medicine. Like were they MMI questions about doctor's choices and stuff or health care?
premeddude44
Full Member
thank you!The questions were primarily like why medicine, tell me about yourself, why this school, etc. and the questions were more or less tailored based on how I drove the conversation. For the second interviewer, it focused more on challenges you've had and how you've grown from them whether it was a disagreement, a conflict, etc.
.
Last edited:
MSAR lists the application deadline as 12/01/2019is the secondary deadline dec 15?
No, MSAR listed 12/6/2019 as the secondary deadlineis the secondary deadline dec 15?
I am very confused about the secondary deadline because their website doesn’t really list one. I’m assuming it has already passed and it’s too late?
D
deleted1001426
Good luck everyone, canceling my II and withdrawing my app..decided I can’t pass up on IS tuition . Hope you all get As here🙂
you're right! My bad - it shows the application deadline as 12/1/2019 but then says "Secondary application deadline 12/6/2019"No, MSAR listed 12/6/2019 as the secondary deadline
For those who sent thank you letters after interviewing, were you provided the interviewer's email or did you send it to the admission's office?
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
You can ask admissions for their email or you can send it to admissions and they can forward it to your interviewers or you can ask your interviewer for their card. For me one gave me their card and the other one i was able to find their email online lol.For those who sent thank you letters after interviewing, were you provided the interviewer's email or did you send it to the admission's office?
Anyone think it is possible to get an II with an LM of 64 but currently have a 4.0 cGPA at a very rigorous masters program putting me in the top 10% of the medical school's average (they compare you to their medical school). Curious to see if anyone else got an II with similar stats or is in a similar boat.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in same boat but have no IIsAnyone think it is possible to get an II with an LM of 64 but currently have a 4.0 cGPA at a very rigorous masters program putting me in the top 10% of the medical school's average (they compare you to their medical school). Curious to see if anyone else got an II with similar stats or is in a similar boat.
Same boat more or less... only two II. Stellar EC’s. Nothing from hereI'm in same boat but have no IIs
Anyone think it is possible to get an II with an LM of 64 but currently have a 4.0 cGPA at a very rigorous masters program putting me in the top 10% of the medical school's average (they compare you to their medical school). Curious to see if anyone else got an II with similar stats or is in a similar boat.
Usually grad GPA isn't really considered in admissions the same way undergrad gpas are
Sadly, noDo they accept pre-interview updates?
I believe it’s a mail-in letter. You should have received an email.Does anyone know how to pay the deposit? I don't see the option for it in the applicant gateway.
It says it should be made via the Applicant GatewayI believe it’s a mail-in letter. You should have received an email.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
If you go on the applicant gateway it should be under the tab where you upload those documents (same place where you had to upload your photo). For me it was in between that tab and the tab where you submitted the secondaries.Does anyone know how to pay the deposit? I don't see the option for it in the applicant gateway.
ilikefrisbee
Full Member
Does Hackensack accept letters of interest pre-interview? Thanks!
No they do notDoes Hackensack accept letters of interest pre-interview? Thanks!
D
deleted993760
How long did it take for that tab to appear after accepting your offer?If you go on the applicant gateway it should be under the tab where you upload those documents (same place where you had to upload your photo). For me it was in between that tab and the tab where you submitted the secondaries.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Instantly.How long did it take for that tab to appear after accepting your offer?
D
deleted993760
Sounds like I will need to call admissions tomorrow....Instantly.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Actually I take that back lol I misread your message it ook a couple of days once I got the email from Hackensack saying that updates have been made to my application to check the portal that’s when the deposit tab appeared.Sounds like I will need to call admissions tomorrow....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how to send an update to them since we had to hit "I'm done uploading documents" on the secondary in order to be complete....
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
I think they don’t accept updates.Does anyone know how to send an update to them since we had to hit "I'm done uploading documents" on the secondary in order to be complete....
YesI got a call with the number 551... Did anyone get a phone call from this area code?
II just now!