2019-2020 SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: SUNY Upstate Medical University

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get that email on the "SUNY Upstate Email Error"? Supposedly some technical issue on their end that ended up generating secondary emails :/

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary received just now

This is by far the worse secondary website I have ever seen.

Reactions: 5 users
I recently submitted my supplemental application but I didn't receive any confirmation email. Is anyone else having the same issue?

I recently submitted my supplemental application but I didn't receive any confirmation email. Is anyone else having the same issue?
yup same issue. They're probably going to send out an email in a few days stating they have received our app

Is anyone with a secondary willing/able to share the prompts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get that email on the "SUNY Upstate Email Error"? Supposedly some technical issue on their end that ended up generating secondary emails :/

I did and I also received a secondary app beforehand. My primary hasn't been verified yet though, so I assume that was the error/why they sent the email to disregard.

Is anyone with a secondary willing/able to share the prompts?
The only somewhat real prompt I found was this: Which medical specialty are you thinking about pursuing at this point? (Please note, answers have a 1500 character limit.)

when you guys list course information, do you add the "and lab" thing that AMCAS requires? Do you indicate that the course included a lab at all or just assume they know if we don't say anything?

For those who received a secondary, did you already have your CASPer test scored/sent to them? I took mine a couple weeks ago and not scored yet.

For those who received a secondary, did you already have your CASPer test scored/sent to them? I took mine a couple weeks ago and not scored yet.
I took CASPer June 13 and mine is not uploaded yet.

Are people still waiting? I was thinking of calling them later this week...

If anybody else got the strange email about missing Casper or Letters, causing your application to be incomplete, I called them this morning. The designated person in the admissions office handling document sorting will be back in the office on Monday. If it’s not resolved by Tuesday, I was told to call or send an email again.

If anybody else got the strange email about missing Casper or Letters, causing your application to be incomplete, I called them this morning. The designated person in the admissions office handling document sorting will be back in the office on Monday. If it’s not resolved by Tuesday, I was told to call or send an email again.
+1 I got a similar email

Do you think it would be bad to say "I am unsure of the medical specialty I want to pursue, but I am interested in primary care." and then talked about why I am interested in primary care?

Do you think it would be bad to say "I am unsure of the medical specialty I want to pursue, but I am interested in primary care." and then talked about why I am interested in primary care?

I don't think that's bad at all! I know medical schools do not expect their students to know what exact specialty they want to pursue (especially because you'll have to explore other specialties anyway) but they do want to see what your interests are so I think your response would be perfect.

Can anyone help clarify this question: "If you earned your baccalaureate degree prior to this past June, please indicate your plans for the upcoming academic year"

At first, I just answered it with my usual gap-year description but noticed that it says "prior to this past June." I got my diploma in June so i'm wondering if it's a wording mistake or if they only care if you are going to be having more than 1 gap year?

Might be overthinking this but wanted to check...

Can anyone help clarify this question: "If you earned your baccalaureate degree prior to this past June, please indicate your plans for the upcoming academic year"

At first, I just answered it with my usual gap-year description but noticed that it says "prior to this past June." I got my diploma in June so i'm wondering if it's a wording mistake or if they only care if you are going to be having more than 1 gap year?

Might be overthinking this but wanted to check...

Definitely overthinking it. I think they are just operating on the assumption that most college graduations are in May. I just wrote about my plans for my single gap year

after you submit the secondary, is there anywhere on the website where you can see it again? just want to make sure it was submitted properly bc its not showing up.
I don't think there is, I tried to find my secondary app but couldn't find it anywhere on the portal

Verified 7/18/19
Secondary Received 7/23/19
Secondary submitted 7/24/19

took a week for me. submitted primary 7/16, received secondary 7/23. also it arrived in my spam, so maybe check that as well.

Arrived in spam for me as well! Thanks for the heads up.

Secondary submitted 7/20
"App has been received" email 7/24

Did I get a fake secondary link from upstate? This portal looks extremely shady. I do not feel safe giving them my social security number.

• Haha
Congrats!

When were you marked complete? Also where in the portal does it show an II?

Not OP but I also checked after I saw that SDN post and I have an II!

As soon as you log in, it is there at the bottom.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!

When were you marked complete? Also where in the portal does it show an II?
Whoops I just saw the other part of this message. I submitted 7/14 and received complete email 7/17

Whoops I just saw the other part of this message. I submitted 7/14 and received complete email 7/17

Congrats! Did you get an application received or application complete email? I submitted a day after you but only got an application received email. Also did you have CASPer delivered ealrly?

Congrats! Did you get an application received or application complete email? I submitted a day after you but only got an application received email. Also did you have CASPer delivered ealrly?
I got a complete email. I took CASPer mid June if that helps!

II on my secondary application portal.

I got no email, I checked it on a whim. See some of ya'll on September 4th, bright and early. My first interview this cycle. I am ecstatic!

Reactions: 2 users