2019-2020 SUNY Upstate

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently submitted my supplemental application but I didn't receive any confirmation email. Is anyone else having the same issue?
 
Anyone else get that email on the "SUNY Upstate Email Error"? Supposedly some technical issue on their end that ended up generating secondary emails :/

I did and I also received a secondary app beforehand. My primary hasn't been verified yet though, so I assume that was the error/why they sent the email to disregard.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when you guys list course information, do you add the "and lab" thing that AMCAS requires? Do you indicate that the course included a lab at all or just assume they know if we don't say anything?
 
If anybody else got the strange email about missing Casper or Letters, causing your application to be incomplete, I called them this morning. The designated person in the admissions office handling document sorting will be back in the office on Monday. If it’s not resolved by Tuesday, I was told to call or send an email again.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anybody else got the strange email about missing Casper or Letters, causing your application to be incomplete, I called them this morning. The designated person in the admissions office handling document sorting will be back in the office on Monday. If it’s not resolved by Tuesday, I was told to call or send an email again.
+1 I got a similar email
 
Do you think it would be bad to say "I am unsure of the medical specialty I want to pursue, but I am interested in primary care." and then talked about why I am interested in primary care?
 
Do you think it would be bad to say "I am unsure of the medical specialty I want to pursue, but I am interested in primary care." and then talked about why I am interested in primary care?

I don't think that's bad at all! I know medical schools do not expect their students to know what exact specialty they want to pursue (especially because you'll have to explore other specialties anyway) but they do want to see what your interests are so I think your response would be perfect.
 
Can anyone help clarify this question: "If you earned your baccalaureate degree prior to this past June, please indicate your plans for the upcoming academic year"

At first, I just answered it with my usual gap-year description but noticed that it says "prior to this past June." I got my diploma in June so i'm wondering if it's a wording mistake or if they only care if you are going to be having more than 1 gap year?

Might be overthinking this but wanted to check...
 
Can anyone help clarify this question: "If you earned your baccalaureate degree prior to this past June, please indicate your plans for the upcoming academic year"

At first, I just answered it with my usual gap-year description but noticed that it says "prior to this past June." I got my diploma in June so i'm wondering if it's a wording mistake or if they only care if you are going to be having more than 1 gap year?

Might be overthinking this but wanted to check...

Definitely overthinking it. I think they are just operating on the assumption that most college graduations are in May. I just wrote about my plans for my single gap year
 
after you submit the secondary, is there anywhere on the website where you can see it again? just want to make sure it was submitted properly bc its not showing up.
I don't think there is, I tried to find my secondary app but couldn't find it anywhere on the portal
 
Did I get a fake secondary link from upstate? This portal looks extremely shady. I do not feel safe giving them my social security number.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whoops I just saw the other part of this message. I submitted 7/14 and received complete email 7/17

Congrats! Did you get an application received or application complete email? I submitted a day after you but only got an application received email. Also did you have CASPer delivered ealrly?