You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 SUNY Upstate
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
scribekage
Full Member
Checked the portal this morning and no II but checked again and I saw an II!! LM=70, NY Resident
Congrats!! When were you complete?
Thanks! Complete on 7/16/19Congrats!! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted971841
I really went and checked my portal again at 6pm on a Sunday. 😆Checked the portal this morning and no II but checked again and I saw an II!! LM=70, NY Resident
We worked too hard to not be neurotic on a Sunday lolI really went and checked my portal again at 6pm on a Sunday. 😆
Following this thread lol
If I haven't gotten my degree yet only because I didn't apply to graduate (so I'm technically gap year), should I put something down for the "If you earned your baccalaureate degree prior to this past June, please indicate your plans for the upcoming academic year: "?
after you submit the secondary, is there anywhere on the website where you can see it again? just want to make sure it was submitted properly bc its not showing up.
I just submitted, and I don't see it anywhere on my portal either. IIRC there was a note in the secondary that said you can't access it after you submit it.
Hey guys, I was in the process of submitting my secondary and while clicking continue, it took me to the payment option. I wasn't aware that I couldn't go back to check the rest of my application before paying and clicked back. Now, the dashboard is blank and won't show my application under progress and won't take me back to the payment page either. Anyone else experience this? Thanks
It says in the secondary that "I understand that once I submit this application, I will be immediately prompted to pay the application fee with a credit or debit card. I understand I will not be able to re-enter the application at a later time to pay the application fee nor review my application. If I don't pay the application upon submission of this application, I will need to e-mail Student Admissions ([email protected]) to be sent a link to pay the application fee which must be received by the deadline date."
Secondary Submitted 7/24/19
Complete 7/31/19
Complete 7/31/19
FIRST II of the cycle I'm so excited
Congrats! Do you know when you were marked complete?FIRST II of the cycle I'm so excited
Congrats! Do you know when you were marked complete?
Sorry I should've put that in the initial message. I was complete 7/16 And im an in state applicant with a 67-68 LM with about equal level mcat and gpa.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HouseM.D.
Full Member
Do you know if they needed your CASPer test first to send interview for those who got them already?
I called them specifically to ask and they said it's not required; but I would love to hear what other people found
I check my portal way too often
I check my portal way too often
I believe in ya
Hey everyone, MS4 here. I can answer all of your Upstate questions. I'll just answer a few that people always ask:
1. The interview is MMI. It's actually super chill and I preferred it to the traditional interviews I did.
2. Being put on pre-II hold is not a rejection. I was put on pre-II hold and yet here I am. I got the II in January IIRC
3. Yes the portal sucks, sorry. It's just an old system SUNY still uses, so Upstate is stuck using it right now.
4. Binghamton vs. Syracuse is up to you. Everyone does MS1 and MS2 in Syracuse. For MS3, Binghamton is rural, at a non-academic community hospital, but there are few residents. Syracuse will give you the traditional academic tertiary care center experience. MS4 is up to you.
5. The high-priority alternate (HPA) list does move as the season winds down. Towards the end of the season you can contact admissions to get a rough idea of where you stand on the list. The regular wait list is basically a rejection.
Please feel free to ask any questions as they come. I know it's early in the season but I figured I'd start now.
Good luck everyone!
1. The interview is MMI. It's actually super chill and I preferred it to the traditional interviews I did.
2. Being put on pre-II hold is not a rejection. I was put on pre-II hold and yet here I am. I got the II in January IIRC
3. Yes the portal sucks, sorry. It's just an old system SUNY still uses, so Upstate is stuck using it right now.
4. Binghamton vs. Syracuse is up to you. Everyone does MS1 and MS2 in Syracuse. For MS3, Binghamton is rural, at a non-academic community hospital, but there are few residents. Syracuse will give you the traditional academic tertiary care center experience. MS4 is up to you.
5. The high-priority alternate (HPA) list does move as the season winds down. Towards the end of the season you can contact admissions to get a rough idea of where you stand on the list. The regular wait list is basically a rejection.
Please feel free to ask any questions as they come. I know it's early in the season but I figured I'd start now.
Good luck everyone!
Hey everyone, MS4 here. I can answer all of your Upstate questions. I'll just answer a few that people always ask:
1. The interview is MMI. It's actually super chill and I preferred it to the traditional interviews I did.
2. Being put on pre-II hold is not a rejection. I was put on pre-II hold and yet here I am. I got the II in January IIRC
3. Yes the portal sucks, sorry. It's just an old system SUNY still uses, so Upstate is stuck using it right now.
4. Binghamton vs. Syracuse is up to you. Everyone does MS1 and MS2 in Syracuse. For MS3, Binghamton is rural, at a non-academic community hospital, but there are few residents. Syracuse will give you the traditional academic tertiary care center experience. MS4 is up to you.
5. The high-priority alternate (HPA) list does move as the season winds down. Towards the end of the season you can contact admissions to get a rough idea of where you stand on the list. The regular wait list is basically a rejection.
Please feel free to ask any questions as they come. I know it's early in the season but I figured I'd start now.
Good luck everyone!
For their MMI interview, do their stations mostly consist of ethical questions and scenarios? Or is it mainly just a number of interviewers asking you questions about your application? Thanks for the help!
Interviewers do not have your application, it's the standard mix of MMI questions.For their MMI interview, do their stations mostly consist of ethical questions and scenarios? Or is it mainly just a number of interviewers asking you questions about your application? Thanks for the help!
I just submitted, and I don't see it anywhere on my portal either. IIRC there was a note in the secondary that said you can't access it after you submit it.
That's strange. Their website states "All applicants to the Doctor of Medicine, at SUNY Upstate Medical University are required to complete an online assessment (CASPer), to assist with our selection process. Successful completion of CASPer is mandatory in order to maintain admission eligibility. " (How to Apply | College of Medicine | SUNY Upstate Medical University). I am interested on what really happens!
Anyone else get an II from here?
Has anyone tried to contact the student hosts? I think the list may be outdated because they have class of 2019 members on there.
santaclause
Full Member
II! Complete yesterday, but submitted my secondary the first week of July, crazy how this stuff works out!
congratssss! If you don't mind what are your stats and are you IS?II! Complete yesterday, but submitted my secondary the first week of July, crazy how this stuff works out!
santaclause
Full Member
Lm 68, high MCAT low GPA, non traditional and reapplicant, ORM, IScongratssss! If you don't mind what are your stats and are you IS?
Are IIs still only showing in the portal? Or have emails now been sent out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Getting ghosted by all my in-state schools. How sad 🙁
D
deleted971841
Your time is coming, I know it is.Getting ghosted by all my in-state schools. How sad 🙁
BillyOsler
Full Member
II just now in portal with no email. IS, LM 72. Submitted 7/10 and complete email 7/16
Nice, I got the complete email 7/16 also but still no movement...my best guess would be because I'm MD/PhD.II just now in portal with no email. IS, LM 72. Submitted 7/10 and complete email 7/16
On a related note, where on the portal does the interview invitation show? Could anyone provide a screenshot?
BillyOsler
Full Member
It will show up as soon as you log in right below the the processed applicationsNice, I got the complete email 7/16 also but still no movement...my best guess would be because I'm MD/PhD.
On a related note, where on the portal does the interview invitation show? Could anyone provide a screenshot?
jdjdjdjdjd
New Member
II received today. LM 80+, IS, Complete early-mid July.
D
deleted971841
I hate that they don’t send emails, I’m reduced to checking the portal 3-4x a day.
Just received my fist II !
IS, complete july 17th (applied "late" to the game for a lot of my schools)
Stats: 518 & 3.7
(I was checking the portal all day, I can confirm the invite was sent between 3:00 and 3:30 pm)
Congrats and july 17th is not late by any standard except SDNs vocal minority.
II via email!
Complete 7/16
LM<70
Complete 7/16
LM<70
D
deleted971841
Ooooh, we out here sending emails now.
They saw me complain about checking the portal. 😉
They saw me complain about checking the portal. 😉
My app was marked complete July 23. I see the dates getting closer to mine and I’m like!!!!!
jdjdjdjdjd
New Member
Anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate for in-state applicants if they've released that/discussed it at the interview? I know the IS matriculation/interview rate is 22.5% which would suggest 50%+ acceptance post-interview no?
Ooh I'm 7/24 so *fingers crossed*My app was marked complete July 23. I see the dates getting closer to mine and I’m like!!!!! View attachment 275918
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the complete email different from the "your application has been received" email? I submitted 8/13 (yesterday) and got the receipt email, but just got the received email today, 8/14.
I only received a payment email (7/12) and a complete email (7/16) but it specifically said "Your application to SUNY Upstate Medical University is complete. Once the committee... etc." I never got an email that just said it had been received.Is the complete email different from the "your application has been received" email? I submitted 8/13 (yesterday) and got the receipt email, but just got the received email today, 8/14.
D
deleted696625
Hi, I had a disadvantaged essay in my primary and I think SUNY Upstate is asking the same thing again in their secondary. For those who applied as disadvantage, did ya'll just copy and paste your essay from your primary to SUNY Upstate or did you write another disadvantaged essay?
I would suggest write it from a different perspective, I'm in the same boat and I think I may just expand on a different experience !Hi, I had a disadvantaged essay in my primary and I think SUNY Upstate is asking the same thing again in their secondary. For those who applied as disadvantage, did ya'll just copy and paste your essay from your primary to SUNY Upstate or did you write another disadvantaged essay?
MDtobe2024
Full Member
Hi, I had a disadvantaged essay in my primary and I think SUNY Upstate is asking the same thing again in their secondary. For those who applied as disadvantage, did ya'll just copy and paste your essay from your primary to SUNY Upstate or did you write another disadvantaged essay?
I also did not copy and paste, I went more into depth about my experience on the SUNY application