You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Texas Tech, Lubbock
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
In the last two years it looks like there really hasn’t been much movement until May. Keep the faith, my friend!Any movement in the waitlist yet? Or do yall think people are holding onto their acceptances extra long because of COVID?
Do you think they will take applicants from the waitlist before May 15th? Should someone email and ask?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredoc2024
Full Member
Please let us know if you email and ask!Do you think they will take applicants from the waitlist before May 15th? Should someone email and ask?
I have not asked but if anyone does, please let us know!Please let us know if you email and ask!
peachcobbler
Full Member
Congrats did they call you?Accepted off the waitlist today as a non resident. Interviewed 9/11
peachcobbler
Full Member
Accepted off the waitlist today as a non resident. Interviewed 9/11
Also, did you send a letter of intent?
Also, did you send a letter of intent?
yes they called me, and yes I did send them a letter back in December I believe!
peachcobbler
Full Member
Awesome!! Congrats again!yes they called me, and yes I did send them a letter back in December I believe!
For OOS, you should be fine for other waitlists. Only Texas residents for TMDSAS have till May 15th to stay on TMDSAS schools' WL if they have at least one acceptance.If I let go of my other acceptance and choose Texas Tech, am I still able to stay on my other waitlists (outside of Texas)? Or am I automatically withdrawn from them by choosing Tech?
You can stay on your OOS waitlists as long as you have just chosen "Plan to Enroll" status (if T Tech shows up on that CYMS tool)If I let go of my other acceptance and choose Texas Tech, am I still able to stay on my other waitlists (outside of Texas)? Or am I automatically withdrawn from them by choosing Tech?
Once you have moved your status to CTE or made a final decision you will need to drop your WLs.
Congrats!
Just got the call! Accepted off the Alternate List. OOS. Interviewed September.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is Honors/High Pass/Pass/Fail. This semester, they've been true pass/fail bc of COVID-19.Is Tech true p/f? I’m hearing conflicting answers.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
D
deleted1012097
Just out of curiosity, does admissions respond to emails well? I can’t reach them by phone.
It’s likely many office staff are working from home, so try email and be sure to put the reason for your email in the subject line.Just out of curiosity, does admissions respond to emails well? I can’t reach them by phone.
Can confirm (Saw with my own eyes), that my friend (In-state) got a deferred admission off the WL into the Fall of 2021. That's so crazy that they're doing that! Good luck everyone!
We were talking about this over here: 2019-2020 UT Medical BranchCan confirm (Saw with my own eyes), that my friend (In-state) got a deferred admission off the WL into the Fall of 2021. That's so crazy that they're doing that! Good luck everyone!
peachcobbler
Full Member
Received a deferred acceptance for Aug 2021 last week!!!
Yeah I believe soSo is it safe to say that the class is probably full and that we won’t be seeing any movement off of the waitlist?