2019-2020 Texas Tech, Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the actual chance of getting in here if you didn't pre-match? I interviewed in November, after match day. I haven't heard of anyone getting pre-matched after October 15th here, but they seem to interview way later than other schools.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the actual chance of getting in here if you didn't pre-match? I interviewed in November, after match day. I haven't heard of anyone getting pre-matched after October 15th here, but they seem to interview way later than other schools.

I haven't seen any Texas school publicly state how many students who end up matriculating were pre-match offers or later offers of admission.
Interviewing in November puts you at no disadvantage compared to any other person who interviewed.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I haven't seen any Texas school publicly state how many students who end up matriculating were pre-match offers or later offers of admission.
Interviewing in November puts you at no disadvantage compared to any other person who interviewed.

So even if I interviewed on Dec 20th (the last interview date), I wouldn't be at a disadvantage compared to someone who interviewed in August and didn't prematch? I feel like my interviews went really well but I'm still very nervous for Match Day :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
So even if I interviewed on Dec 20th (the last interview date), I wouldn't be at a disadvantage compared to someone who interviewed in August and didn't prematch? I feel like my interviews went really well but I'm still very nervous for Match Day :oops:
Correct

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Any OOSers who haven’t heard back yet? I interviewed 8/16 and haven’t heard back since. I’m losing hope in Texas Tech...

I know match is coming up soon; good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
I didn’t match... does this mean I’m on the waitlist? Can I send a letter of intent?

Congratulations to everyone who matched!! You will LOVE it here. Feel free to join the FB ( Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Class of 2024 ) group so you can scope out your new friends. looking forward in seeing your bright faces soon.

Last edited:
Congratulations to everyone who matched!! You will LOVE it here. Feel free to join the FB ( Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Class of 2024 ) group so you can scope out your new friends looking forward in seeing your bright faces soon.

I haven't been able to find the FB group for accepted students. Has one been created yet?

We have made a facebook group and are waiting for you all to join us! You will eventually get an email sometime in the future from our class president with instructions on how to join. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Should we expect a specific email from Tech saying we've been put on the waitlist or will they send anything?

Reactions: 4 users
I feel like a lot of y’all want a lot of information ASAP, but we should all know that’s not really how this process works lol. Anyway, to put your minds at rest (at least a little bit) I went through my emails from last year and found the waitlist emails sent to me. I got them over a week after match day (at the very earliest), so just know they won’t come immediately. Tech’s specifically bears no real info in the email itself, besides telling you you’re on the list. Here ya go.
Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like a lot of y’all want a lot of information ASAP, but we should all know that’s not really how this process works lol. Anyway, to put your minds at rest (at least a little bit) I went through my emails from last year and found the waitlist emails sent to me. I got them over a week after match day (at the very earliest), so just know they won’t come immediately. Tech’s specifically bears no real info in the email itself, besides telling you you’re on the list. Here ya go. View attachment 294564

Thank you for the update, were you eventually accepted?

Thank you for the update, we’re you eventually accepted?

Actually no. I applied this cycle and I didn’t match again, but I prematched elsewhere! This was my #1 though

Actually no. I applied this cycle and I didn’t match again, but I prematched elsewhere! This was my #1 though

Thanks for the response. Once you were waitlisted, how long did it take for you to hear about your final application status?

Thanks for the response. Once you were waitlisted, how long did it take for you to hear about your final application status?
I've seen most offers to people on a WL take place from late March to mid-May, with a sprinkling in early March.

Reactions: 1 users

That’s kinda the tough part about getting waitlisted. You’ll only hear back if you get accepted after being put on the waitlist. I’ve actually been waitlisted by Tech in two different cycles (along with other schools), and I never heard from any of them after the WL email. My experience taught me to continue to show interest through a letter of intent, but also be ready to apply for the next cycle

Waitlist emails will start the first week of march this year (I called admissions this morning).

Reactions: 7 users
What if I didn't take 6 credit hours of English at my university, and instead claimed 6 hours of AP credit? Do both AP Lang and AP Lit count as English prereqs?

Edit: It seems like at UT Austin, AP Lang (RHE 306) and AP Literature (E 316P) both count as premed English classes... I hope that claiming credit for both counts!
AT Texas Tech you are allowed to use AP credits for your English requirement, but no AP for any math or science course pre-reqs.
Again, this varies from school to school and you need to check carefully. The place to check is on each med schools website, look under Admissions requirements

I was prematched and then matched here. Aside from signing the forms, paid, and background check on Gomed, is there anything I have to do right away? I'm worried that I may be missing some requirements and my acceptance would get rescinded.

I was prematched and then matched here. Aside from signing the forms, paid, and background check on Gomed, is there anything I have to do right away? I'm worried that I may be missing some requirements and my acceptance would get rescinded.
I think all that’s left is to send your final transcript directly to the school after your last grades are final

Waitlist emails will start the first week of march this year (I called admissions this morning).

I called this morning about a different question (regarding pre-reqs) and I was told that it will most likely be March 6 that we can expect the alternate list emails.

Good morning! Does anyone know how we submit an additional recommendation letter post-interview? Does the letter writer mail it to the Admissions office?

Alternate list just now. OOS

Last edited:
Rejection. Interviewed back in September. Felt my interviews went very well. Guess I’m just not what they are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Sad
Rejection just now. I interviewed on November 15th. good luck to everyone else!

Got the email earlier today, and just declined the spot. Best of luck to you all for rolling admissions!

Got rejected yesterday, and I also thought interviews went really well. Good luck to everyone on the alternate list!

Also rejected... I also felt like my interviews went great too :(
It does make me feel a little better knowing that I'm not alone there, though :)

Yeah, waitlist. Anyone know what the waitlist movement typically looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
It looks like last year's thread had some acceptances in May. MSAR says the waitlist is 60-100 people and 20 people get in. With no ranking on the waitlist, getting off the waitlist depends on the students that withdraw their acceptance offers.

Is anyone aware if Tech drug tests before matriculation? I apologize if this question is considered inappropriate for the thread.

If I want to ask this school for feedback on my application, where/who should I contact? Should I contact them at all?