2019-2020 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got in off the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got in off the waitlist! OOS and put on the waitlist with everyone else in March :)

Reactions: 9 users
Best of luck to all of those on the WL! Hopefully I will see you all in person soon in Richmond!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats you guys! Was it an email at the end of the day saying your portal was updated or was there a direct email?

It was a tough decision, but the right one. Withdrawing my A. Best of luck to you all

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I really enjoyed my interview day at VCU but I just withdrew my app because I think I've found a better fit for me elsewhere :) Hopefully, there'll be some decent movement for anyone on the waitlist! Best of luck!

Reactions: 12 users
If we said that we were already accepted somewhere else (on the alternate list survey for VCU) and/or we select PTE for that school on 4/30, would that hurt our chances for coming off the VCU waitlist?

If we said that we were already accepted somewhere else (on the alternate list survey for VCU) and/or we select PTE for that school on 4/30, would that hurt our chances for coming off the VCU waitlist?
I’m in this same position so I sent in a fairly strong LOI about a week after that survey to make sure they knew I would choose VCU over my current acceptance. I feel like in May this won’t matter as much, but in June/July schools might choose people who don’t have any other As because they are more likely to attend. Just my guess

I’m in this same position so I sent in a fairly strong LOI about a week after that survey to make sure they knew I would choose VCU over my current acceptance. I feel like in May this won’t matter as much, but in June/July schools might choose people who don’t have any other As because they are more likely to attend. Just my guess
The reality is the waitlist is ranked in order of your score-- and they just go down the list in that order. I wouldn't think into it much more than that.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off of the waitlist today! Will be withdrawing though, hopefully it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 9 users
I just in at another school (1st md acceptance) that i really don’t feel a good fit to and am planning on withdrawing. Still on the WL oos here.
However with VCU being able to see starting Thursday all of us on the WL Would it be a benefit for me to stay on and hit PTE at this other school or just withdraw now - what do you think they will prefer in admissions?

I’m into a DO still and have that as my backup but am hoping for VCU - also should i email dean Whitehurst-cook about this and get her take or would that hurt my chances?

Any input would be appreciated!

I just in at another school (1st md acceptance) that i really don’t feel a good fit to and am planning on withdrawing. Still on the WL oos here.
However with VCU being able to see starting Thursday all of us on the WL Would it be a benefit for me to stay on and hit PTE at this other school or just withdraw now - what do you think they will prefer in admissions?

I’m into a DO still and have that as my backup but am hoping for VCU - also should i email dean Whitehurst-cook about this and get her take or would that hurt my chances?

If you want to be an MD, do not withdraw from an MD school.

i think we may be able to be more helpful if you explain why this other MD school wasn't a great fit!

If you want to be an MD, do not withdraw from an MD school.
If you withdraw from an MD school, you will be blacklisted if you ever try and apply again. Every school can see your history after the cycle is over.

I understand those concerns. Thanks for the info. But Stated more simply, how will VCU view people with acceptances elsewhere on their waitlist. Will that harm chances of being selected off the alternate list?

I know the plan to enroll and the commit to enroll are different but does that sway any decisions in admissions?

I understand those concerns. Thanks for the info. But Stated more simply, how will VCU view people with acceptances elsewhere on their waitlist. Will that harm chances of being selected off the alternate list?

I know the plan to enroll and the commit to enroll are different but does that sway any decisions in admissions?
I doubt anybody short of one of the adcoms can answer this question with certainty. Having an acceptance pry won’t drastically change your chances, plenty of people got accepted off a waitlist last year when they already had an acceptance, just relax and be happy you’re going somewhere in August.

1588025978836.png

From reddit for all of those wondering about the fall semester.

Sounds like a start date is up in the air but that they are trying to start us on time. I’m sure they will do whatever is safest for all of us!

I was taken off the WL a few days ago while holding other acceptances (and with a PTE selected). Do not withdraw your MD acceptance

Reactions: 3 users
will there be tabs before the email at the end of the day if you were to get off the waitlist?

Who are you and why do you know so much about VCU
because I am old enough to remember (last cycle) when Dean mission would come on here and tell us everything lolol. He’s one of the assistant deans of admission and he used to come on here and tell us all about the process.

Also TABS are about as high yield as it gets lol

Trying to think back to interview day but it feels like a blur now haha. VCU doesn't reveal any info on waitlist position/standing, correct? Crossing my fingers for some good news in the next couple of weeks!

is traffic day tomorrow? Do we expect to see some more movement tomorrow onwards?? crossing my fingers!

because I am old enough to remember (last cycle) when Dean mission would come on here and tell us everything lolol. He’s one of the assistant deans of admission and he used to come on here and tell us all about the process.

Also TABS are about as high yield as it gets lol

Those were the not so good old days for me!

But yeah everyone, Dean Mission laid out everything really nicely on last year’s thread around this time. Have a look!

I just emailed Dr. Whitehurt-Cook earlier today. She said that movement will start today and continue through the next 2-3 weeks.

I just emailed Dr. Whitehurt-Cook earlier today. She said that movement will start today and continue through the next 2-3 weeks.

In theory the WL can move through July I thought? Maybe that means the most movement will be in the coming weeks then die off.

Reactions: 5 users