2019-2020 Virginia Tech

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very true. She said that they typically extend 42-49 offers, which is basically their class size.
Their total class size is 42-49. I'm not sure any school gets 100% of their acceptees to matriculate, right? I already interviewed and they didn't explicitly say how many offers they send out, but I really really hope it's better than 17% of the 300 they interview.
 
Their total class size is 42-49. I'm not sure any school gets 100% of their acceptees to matriculate, right? I already interviewed and they didn't explicitly say how many offers they send out, but I really really hope it's better than 17% of the 300 they interview.
Last year alone on this thread they had quite a few say they are withdrawing their acceptances and with this being a very small sample size as it is I’m sure that amounted to at least 20 withdrawing. They accept more than 50 I guarantee it.
 
Last year alone on this thread they had quite a few say they are withdrawing their acceptances and with this being a very small sample size as it is I’m sure that amounted to at least 20 withdrawing. They accept more than 50 I guarantee it.
Nothing in life is a guarantee 😉 yes people withdraw their acceptances but that doesn’t gaursntee someone’s being pulled from the waitlist. They could already have accounted for that.

107 acceptances are given out for a post II of 33 percent.
 
Their total class size is 42-49. I'm not sure any school gets 100% of their acceptees to matriculate, right? I already interviewed and they didn't explicitly say how many offers they send out, but I really really hope it's better than 17% of the 300 they interview.
Current student here - the class of 2024 will be 49, and most schools (including VTC) send acceptances double in number to matriculants (so ~100, presumably more with the increased class size from 42 to 49). Many people in my class were in January and February interviews (there are ~50 interviewees/date), so keep hangin' on homies!
 
Anyone here have any data regarding how many people actually get in off active status in April? I get the feeling most interviewees are put on active status and not rejected. Therefore, the chances are slim compared to other “waitlists”
 
Anyone here have any data regarding how many people actually get in off active status in April? I get the feeling most interviewees are put on active status and not rejected. Therefore, the chances are slim compared to other “waitlists”
If I’m not mistaken the active list is different than the waitlist. I don’t think many acceptances are given, most are put on waitlist or rejected.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad