You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 West Virginia
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
persist_Mill
Full Member
II today as well! OOS with no ties. Interview early October
persist_Mill
Full Member
I didn't get a confirmation email but if you check on "my events" tab on your secondary app link, it should pop up there, after reserving your interview slot.II! OOS, no ties. Did anybody who's gotten an II get a confirmation email for your date afterwards?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today as well! OOS with no ties. Interview early October
Congrats!! Stats?
II! OOS, no ties. Did anybody who's gotten an II get a confirmation email for your date afterwards?
Congratulations!! What are your stats?
Congratulations!! What are your stats?
Thank you! And my stats are: 3.6 512. I was complete around July 10th.
Also Edit: Eventually got a confirmation email. Super excited!
persist_Mill
Full Member
511, 3.5Congrats!! Stats?
9
997306
no ties, 509 mcat, 3.64 cGPA, 3.68 sGPA... 1200+ clinical hours and 1000+ research hoursWhat are your Stats/Story?
HighYieldOnly
premed killa -> killa docta?
II Waitlist - their email makes it sound like they want to extend an II but don't have any slots available. That can't be true this early, can it?
Yeah. I got the same thing. Im not sure what to make of it.II Waitlist - their email makes it sound like they want to extend an II but don't have any slots available. That can't be true this early, can it?
383517
Full Member
I'm also in this position. I assume that it means I'm rejected. They obviously have slots available this early and are continuing to give out interviews. We just aren't what they are looking for this early in the cycle I guess.Yeah. I got the same thing. Im not sure what to make of it.
If it helps here is someone's opinion from last year: 2018-2019 West Virginia UniversityI'm also in this position. I assume that it means I'm rejected. They obviously have slots available this early and are continuing to give out interviews. We just aren't what they are looking for this early in the cycle I guess.
Internationalphysician
Full Member
When were you complete?II Waitlist - their email makes it sound like they want to extend an II but don't have any slots available. That can't be true this early, can it?
If it helps here is someone's opinion from last year: 2018-2019 West Virginia University
On the one hand I totally agree with & expected this to be the case... but on the other hand we've already seen a bunch of OOS students with no ties to WV getting in with stats/ECs that aren't overly impressive compared to their averages so idk? Not that I'm salty about the II WL or anything 🙁
(Not trying to throw shade at anyone!)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II just now!!! LM 74-75, OOS!
So glad to have confirmation that I didn't get a sociopath grade on Casper.
So glad to have confirmation that I didn't get a sociopath grade on Casper.
Did you gain any insights on this lol. Trying to figure out where to schedule.Just got an II! OOS, no ties, and I'm pretty sure I'm not complete yet because I know my pre-health committee hasn't set in my recommendation letter packet yet... unless they don't look at recommendation letters pre-II.
BUT my real question is- is there any advantage to interviewing at a specific campus? The only available date in September is the Eastern campus but idk if it's worth the earlier interview since the Eastern Campus only offers 15-minute interviews? Do any current students have experience with this?
Not sure it matters. When I selected my date, the special dates were not available.Did you gain any insights on this lol. Trying to figure out where to schedule.
Got my first II here! OOS, LM: 78 Complete 7/15
Very demoralized after my II waitlist. I don’t even know what to do...
Why would you be demoralized? They are explicitly telling you that they're interested in you. That's good news!Very demoralized after my II waitlist. I don’t even know what to do...
Why would you be demoralized? They are explicitly telling you that they're interested in you. That's good news!
Isn’t it a soft reject basically?
No - they can and have interviewed people off of the waitlistIsn’t it a soft reject basically?
Well, if that's a soft reject, what about the people who didn't get that email? Very soft reject? Rejecting with a cloud at that point.Isn’t it a soft reject basically?
No, if they are looking to reject you and are willing to send an email, there is no reason why that email wouldn't be an outright rejection.
Last year, I had a II waitlist turn into a II. Stay hopeful!
UWV has already been sending out R emails for weeks - if they wanted to reject you outright, they would.Well, if that's a soft reject, what about the people who didn't get that email? Very soft reject? Rejecting with a cloud at that point.
No, if they are looking to reject you and are willing to send an email, there is no reason why that email wouldn't be an outright rejection.
Wooo II yesterday! Last year I was waitlisted for an II and then got an interview in January, so I hope the early II is helpful in getting in this year! very excited. 511/3.5 uGPA/3.9 gGPA
My interview is in October, and they have slots open from October - February.
Also, for those of you waitlisted, I sent an update in late december and then my waitlist turned into an II a few weeks later, so I recommend you update!
Edit: OOS but my hometown is only an hour away from Morgantown. Also my family has a lake house near Morgantown, so I guess you can say I have strong ties to the state.
My interview is in October, and they have slots open from October - February.
Also, for those of you waitlisted, I sent an update in late december and then my waitlist turned into an II a few weeks later, so I recommend you update!
Edit: OOS but my hometown is only an hour away from Morgantown. Also my family has a lake house near Morgantown, so I guess you can say I have strong ties to the state.
Last edited:
HighYieldOnly
premed killa -> killa docta?
Thanks for the tip, and congrats! 🙂Wooo II yesterday! Last year I was waitlisted for an II and then got an interview in January, so I hope the early II is helpful in getting in this year! very excited. 511/3.5 uGPA/3.9 gGPA
My interview is in October, and they have slots open from October - February.
Also, for those of you waitlisted, I sent an update in late december and then my waitlist turned into an II a few weeks later, so I recommend you update!
Wooo II yesterday! Last year I was waitlisted for an II and then got an interview in January, so I hope the early II is helpful in getting in this year! very excited. 511/3.5 uGPA/3.9 gGPA
My interview is in October, and they have slots open from October - February.
Also, for those of you waitlisted, I sent an update in late december and then my waitlist turned into an II a few weeks later, so I recommend you update!
Edit: OOS but my hometown is only an hour away from Morgantown. Also my family has a lake house near Morgantown, so I guess you can say I have strong ties to the state.
Hug congrats! do you know how many people in past years have gotten off of WVU's II waitlist?
How are you guys getting to WV? There are no flights from my city to morgantown. Only obscenely expensive flights to distant neighboring cities.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm driving!How are you guys getting to WV? There are no flights from my city to morgantown. Only obscenely expensive flights to distant neighboring cities.
congrats on your II!II!!! OOS
Hello guys, MS4 at Charleston campus here. If you have concerns about the campus or the school in general, feel free to message me. Will be glad to answer your questions 🙂 good luck!
Hug congrats! do you know how many people in past years have gotten off of WVU's II waitlist?
Hmm.. I don't know the exact number, but it seemed like at least half at my interview were off the waitlist.
Hello guys, MS4 at Charleston campus here. If you have concerns about the campus or the school in general, feel free to message me. Will be glad to answer your questions 🙂 good luck!
hello hello,
thank you for being here!
what do you like the most about this school, and how is it different from other amazing schools?
I am applying late and I haven't even finished the secondary yet..It looks like they just sent a big wave of interview invites and it makes me worried 🙁
I am applying late and I haven't even finished the secondary yet..It looks like they just sent a big wave of interview invites and it makes me worried 🙁
go forth and submit confidently, friend.
Internationalphysician
Full Member
Anyone with an II who got complete after 07/18?
Waitlisted for II.
3.93 sGPA / 3.96 cGPA / 510 MCAT / OOS no connection / completed 7/23
Same, similar stats/OOS no connection/same completion date.
Honestly pretty hype considering they flat out rejected me 3 years ago.
Lets just keep our fingers crossed for that II!Same, similar stats/OOS no connection/same completion date.
Honestly pretty hype considering they flat out rejected me 3 years ago.
II today, submitted 7/21Anyone with an II who got complete after 07/18?
fishkitemedicine
Full Member
Waitlist today, submitted 7/24. OOS no connections
hello hello,
thank you for being here!
what do you like the most about this school, and how is it different from other amazing schools?
I like that the school provides pretty solid clinical experience and have the option to do more hands on if you want to. Oh and the surgery faculties are not the stereotype surgeon- very nice and helpful lol Plenty of research opportunities if you are into that.
The school is not afraid to admit that First Aid for step1 is high-yield. Many of us did very well on step 1. There aren't a lot of BS random research question on the tests for ms1 and ms2. Most professors are very approachable if you need help.
They also do a good job selecting good classmates. I don't see any malignant backstabbing gunner behaviors.
And to answer what is different, we are in a rural state, so there's less entertainment options compare to bigger cities. There are many outdoor activities to do to counter that. You will be trained to interact with people with substance abuse and see complex patient who just won't come to you until they are very very illed. Rural rotation is part of the core rotations so you'll be sent to truly remote location and see how medicine is done in that setting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ThrowAwayDO
New Member
Anyone interviewing on 10/14 and can potentially split a ride from Pittsburgh airport to Morgantown?
Lol just got a 2° like 2 days ago[emoji16][emoji28]Thought they were done handing them out! Totally forgot about the school haha. Think my rural background in MD, interest in underserved communities, PS, and GPA are what did it. We'll see how this goes...
Run Long And Perspire
Full Member
Got the big R today. OOS no ties whatsoever. Rejection isn’t the fun part of the game. But have other IIs. Let’s get it!