2019-2020 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It was super laid back, both interviewers had read my file throughly, so be prepared to answer questions about anything you've submitted. Even then, it was still very conversational and friendly.
Good luck!
Thank you ☺️

Members don't see this ad.

Despite not being told my standing in my waitlist letter, I have heard somewhere that WVU uses a three tier waitlist style. Has anyone reached out to admissions asking their standing on the WL? If so, how did you go about it (phone, email, etc.)? Were they receptive to you asking or did they seem annoyed? lol

Reactions: 1 user
Despite not being told my standing in my waitlist letter, I have heard somewhere that WVU uses a three tier waitlist style. Has anyone reached out to admissions asking their standing on the WL? If so, how did you go about it (phone, email, etc.)? Were they receptive to you asking or did they seem annoyed? lol
i interviewed today and they clarified that there is some sort of ranking pre-interview, but post-interview there is no ranking of the waitlist! sorry, not sure if that helps at all.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed today and they clarified that there is some sort of ranking pre-interview, but post-interview there is no ranking of the waitlist! sorry, not sure if that helps at all.
Thanks!

Been on hold since September. anyone gotten off? Emailed them and said I was on high priority so unsure if it means anything

Interviewed here yesterday and really loved the atmosphere & facilities. My interviewers were also very nice and the interview itself was super casual! Hoping for at least waitlist since they said it moves around a lot once the cycle ends in March. Fingers crossed!!

Interviewed here yesterday and really loved the atmosphere & facilities. My interviewers were also very nice and the interview itself was super casual! Hoping for at least waitlist since they said it moves around a lot once the cycle ends in March. Fingers crossed!!
Same here ! I guess we will hear tomorrow .

Congrats on the interview! Did they say anything about when wait list movement for In state students would occur? I saw in a thread last year that said possibly in December so I was just wondering if they provided any information specific to in state students. Thank you and good luck!

Congrats on the interview! Did they say anything about when wait list movement for In state students would occur? I saw in a thread last year that said possibly in December so I was just wondering if they provided any information specific to in state students. Thank you and good luck!

Most of us at the interview yesterday were OOS, so I am not 100% sure. I think they said the movement starts at around the end of interviews (late Feb) and speeds up around April when students make their final choice. I don't think the timeline is necessarily different between OOS and IS waitlist, but they probably look at promising IS students first. Sorry if that wasn't very helpful :(

Most of us at the interview yesterday were OOS, so I am not 100% sure. I think they said the movement starts at around the end of interviews (late Feb) and speeds up around April when students make their final choice. I don't think the timeline is necessarily different between OOS and IS waitlist, but they probably look at promising IS students first. Sorry if that wasn't very helpful :(
That was helpful! Thank you.

Thank you you too .... did you feel put the campus preference thing already ?

Yes! Did you? Did you also submit your thank you letters? I did last night but then today when I went to the portal it gave me the option again... I hope the first ones went through, I put a lot of thought into them :sorry:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! Did you? Did you also submit your thank you letters? I did last night but then today when I went to the portal it gave me the option again... I hope the first ones went through, I put a lot of thought into them :sorry:
Oh no I didn’t have time she said before Tuesday and I was on the road all night yesterday.... but I did feel out the campus preference form. Hoping to have good news tomorow. Will be praying for our group

Just got the call ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
N
Do you have strong ties to WV? Jw because I'm OOS and I have some ties but was still WL'd.
no ties at all to the state... it was actually my first time there. They did ask me that too .

Do you have strong ties to WV? Jw because I'm OOS and I have some ties but was still WL'd.
I’m OOS with ties and on the WL also. Seems they WL most OOS applicants off the bat regardless!

Anyone have any insight into what my chances are of getting an interview? Was placed on mid tier waitlist for an interview back in September. Thinking not great odds at this point in the cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm scheduled to interview here in mid-February. Any pointers on how to handle the interview?

I'm scheduled to interview here in mid-February. Any pointers on how to handle the interview?
This is the most chill interview I’ve been to. I wouldn’t worry too much. The interviewers are very similar and mostly ask about aspects of your application.

Reactions: 2 users
Placed on waitlist just now. Interviewed 12/12, OOS

Oh boy, interviewing in Jan (OOS). Not excited to be WL’ed :(

Oh boy, interviewing in Jan (OOS). Not excited to be WL’ed :(

It's like hanging out with a girl who is friend-zoning you, you know you'll be disappointed, but just the chance is too enticing to pass up

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
It's like hanging out with a girl who is friend-zoning you, you know you'll be disappointed, but just the chance is too enticing to pass up
this may be the best comment i’ve read on SDN :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: 100% accurate

• Haha
Pretty quiet on the WV thread lately. Not surprising with offices being closed for the holidays. Has anyone out there been pulled off the WL lately?

Anybody flying into Pittsburgh on the 12th that might want to split the cost of a rental car to get to Morgantown?

Accepted via email! Interviewed 01/06

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II! a bunch of options available between end of january and end of february

Reactions: 4 users
Does the admissions office send an email to tell you if you are on the waitlist or accepted post-interview? Or is it in the portal under one of the tabs?

Does the admissions office send an email to tell you if you are on the waitlist or accepted post-interview? Or is it in the portal under one of the tabs?
they send you an email that says:

"Your application has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions at West Virginia University School of Medicine and a decision has been rendered. Please sign in to your applicant portal to view your decision letter.

If you have any questions please contact the Admissions office."

so you have to check the portal to see their decision

they send you an email that says:

"Your application has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions at West Virginia University School of Medicine and a decision has been rendered. Please sign in to your applicant portal to view your decision letter.

If you have any questions please contact the Admissions office."

so you have to check the portal to see their decision
Thanks!

From this year and last year's thread, it seems as though people almost always get a response the Wednesday after their interview.
I interviewed 1/16 and didn't hear anything yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

Also, where in the portal does the acceptance status show?

From this year and last year's thread, it seems as though people almost always get a response the Wednesday after their interview.
I interviewed 1/16 and didn't hear anything yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

Also, where in the portal does the acceptance status show?
Interviewed 01/09, still waiting!