2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pre-II updates accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

App complete 9/18, interview invitation 9/21, interview 11/12!

cGPA = 3.80, sGPA = 3.70, MCAT = 503, OOS (Kansas!)

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!! Just got the call just now! Interviewed 10/12

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A! Interviewed 10/9. Ugly crying a little bit rn - this was my favorite interview so far and I was really hoping I’d get in!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I just got accepted!! I cried on the phone with the woman and just said "I'm so happy" over and over :rofl:

good luck to the rest of you!!

Interview 10/05

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
I have an interview here Monday! Can anyone share what the experience was like? Was it stressful? Laid back? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview here Monday! Can anyone share what the experience was like? Was it stressful? Laid back? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Super laid back and conversational! Review the common questions on SDN, know your app, and try to relax as much as you can. The faculty and students are all really kind. Good luck :)

• Love
I saw an interview w/ a kcom adcoms member that was filmed in ~2013. He said they interview 450- 500 students and accept 170. So, w/out accounting for students that are accepted but don't attend you're looking at around a 40% chance post interview.
There’s no way they only accept 170. The class is 170. All schools accept beyond their class size because there will always be students that will turn down the acceptance and go to another school. I know you said you weren’t accounting for that but you must.

There’s no way they only accept 170. The class is 170. All schools accept beyond their class size because there will always be students that will turn down the acceptance and go to another school. I know you said you weren’t accounting for that but you must.
Ya, I was just giving a minimum threshold percentage with no bias of me guessing a random number of accepted students. Since my comment, I recently watched a more video (~ filmed 2017 I think) where an kcom admissions member said that they accept >250 students, with an II of ~500-600. So, the actual percentage is most likely > 60%.

My interview on next week on Monday. I am very curious how the virtual interview works. Is it a Zoom call? Will I have to be in front of my computer for the entire 5 hours? Thank you.
Congrats on your interview today. How was it interviewing with each of the three people? Do they let you know ahead of time who will be interviewing you? Also do you have any tips for what you wish you would've known prior to the interview? Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your interview today. How was it interviewing with each of the three people? Do they let you know ahead of time who will be interviewing you? Also do you have any tips for what you wish you would've known prior to the interview? Thanks for the help.
Thank you, it went pretty well I feel. I do wish it could have been in person though. They do send you background information ahead of time about the interviewers. I don't think I have any tips because I think its all been said before. I would just have an idea about how you would answer the hypothetical interview questions found online (strength/weaknesses etc.) and to know your application. I got asked some tough but fair questions.

I interviewed at several schools the last cycle and ATSU was my best interview experience. Letting go of my acceptance was a hard goodbye. Good luck to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed at several schools the last cycle and ATSU was my best interview experience. Letting go of my acceptance was a hard goodbye. Good luck to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That’s awesome! Where did you end up going if you don’t mind me asking?

Rejected post-interview. Kinda shocked because I felt great about my interviews. Good luck to everyone waiting and congratulations to all who were accepted!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I just got the call from one of my interviewers that I was accepted!! Hope you others are getting the good news as well! :)

• Love
Hi all! Just wanted to say hello and throw my info out there for anyone reading.

Secondary received 6/13
Complete 8/3
Interview invite 8/9
Interview scheduled for 10/19

3.59 cum/3.69 science/512 MCAT

I went to undergrad in Kirksville and grew up in the area but currently residing in STL. LOR from an alum. Both of my kids were delivered by DO's. I am a bit of a nontrad but still young (turning 25 this fall).

Anyone have any idea what the virtual interview will be like?

Hi! I just got accepted! Can I pick your brain about how you liked going to school in Kirksville and what it was like as an experience?
I know this is late, but if you still have the question, the virtual interview was super relaxed! It started out with an info session and then went into 3 30 minute interviews in zoom breakout rooms. It was a really well done process.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone let me know my chances of getting an II with a 3.49c 3.36s (upward trend) 504 ORM?
I would say pretty good! I just got in with a 3.5c 3.29s (no upward trend) and a 505. I also have over 3000 in clinical hours and 2000 in research hours.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
I would say pretty good! I just got in with a 3.5c 2.29s (no upward trend) and a 505. I also have over 3000 in clinical hours and 2000 in research hours.
Congrats!!!

Hi! I just got accepted! Can I pick your brain about how you liked going to school in Kirksville and what it was like as an experience?
I know this is late, but if you still have the question, the virtual interview was super relaxed! It started out with an info session and then went into 3 30 minute interviews in zoom breakout rooms. It was a really well done process.
Sure! I really enjoyed my time in Kirksville. You can walk to the square where there are a few bars (the best is Dukum Inn). You would have to drive to HyVee/Walmart/Aldi but there is very little traffic. The town is a mix of areas with decent houses and areas of obvious poverty plus the apartments for students and new duplexes for rent that have been put up the last couple of years. I worked at HyVee for awhile and I would see the same people a lot, including ATSU students that I got to chat with a bit, which was nice. I always felt a sense of community. And in such a small town you can really make a splash. You always hear that it is a conducive place for studying and I would have to agree although I didn’t keep too much of a social life anyway. I don’t know what your background is but northeast MO is beautiful. You get all four seasons. You get people from all walks of life in Kirksville. It’s a good place.

Reactions: 2 users
Ooo thank you so much!! I felt like it was such a good fit so it’s nice to hear that the town is too. Did you ever feel like it was too small?

Has anyone who has been accepted decided to attend here yet? I absolutely loved my interview experience with them and am really thinking about it!

Ooo thank you so much!! I felt like it was such a good fit so it’s nice to hear that the town is too. Did you ever feel like it was too small?
No I didn’t, but I grew up in a much smaller town and Kville was the ‘big’ town to visit when I was growing up. On the flip side my husband is from St. Louis and he lived for four years in Kirksville while going to Truman and he has said he wouldn’t mind at all going back. However we want to end up living in the country one day anyway, so that’s the perspective I am coming from. If you are not a small town person it sounds like you only really have to be in Kville for 2 years at least. And Columbia is only 1.5 hours away and it’s a good sized place. STL is about 3.5 hours away.

Kirksville is really quiet and nice. I enjoyed it while I was there for my interview. Butif you are a city person, it might seem too quiet or small for you. I would recommend a visit since y'all interviews are virtual.

I recently submitted my ATSU KCOM secondary and they marked me complete the next day. Is this normal? I really want schools to love me this cycle.

Been complete since 8/10, probably silent R lol?
Not at all, absolutely not. I received my complete email 8/9, so they periodically check every applicants before they close the interview season.

Not at all, absolutely not. I received my complete email 8/9, so they periodically check every applicants before they close the interview season.

Oh cool, thanks for the hope :D And congratulations!!! Best of luck!

• Care
Offered a seat this morning! Interviewed on 10/26

• Love
Accepted!!!!
Interviewed 10/19

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I just got placed on hold pre II. What do you think my chances are with a 504 and a 3.1 GPA? Asian OOS applicant

• Care
Accepted on Friday!! I interviewed on 10/16

• Love
ACCEPTED!! I am so excited!!!

interviewed 10/30

Last edited:
  • Love
Also accepted! Interviewed 10/30.

• Love