2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted later, complete 10/9. Any idea on how long I might wait for a response?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted with this lot today! Do not get discouraged we have a long way to go in the cycle!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if KCOM is receptive to update letters/letters of interest and where I should send them? Do you email the admissions email address or is there somewhere else for these things?

It's been over two months and I haven't heard anything. My partner recently got a II here and we're trying to stay together for med school :/

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
An update letter/letter of intent would be beneficial. I sent one myself. The regular admissions email would do fine, [email protected]. Good luck in the cycle!

• Love
I'm interviewing here next Monday. Can anyone give some insight, tips, etc for interview day? Cheers

I interviewed 10/30 and still waiting to hear! Getting a little nervous as other people have already received acceptances from that interview date:lame:

I'm interviewing here next Monday. Can anyone give some insight, tips, etc for interview day? Cheers
Sounds strange, but be yourself! Tell them about your experiences and your journey to medicine. Be relaxed, there are no gotcha questions or clandestine reporting. Good luck!

II just now. Submitted secondary on 11/9 - this turnaround is wild to me. The earliest interview dates are in February.

Reactions: 1 users
II just now. Submitted secondary on 11/9 - this turnaround is wild to me. The earliest interview dates are in February.

You submitted your secondary yesterday and got an II today? I submitted on 10/8 and haven’t heard anything :(

• Care
You submitted your secondary yesterday and got an II today? I submitted on 10/8 and haven’t heard anything :(
I'm honestly shocked. I don't know if it helps, but I've had 20+ secondaries out since the beginning of September and this is the first school I've heard back from!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm honestly shocked. I don't know if it helps, but I've had 20+ secondaries out since the beginning of September and this is the first school I've heard back from!

I’m almost in your boat, I got 6 rejections, and a handful of pre-II waitlists out of 28. I heard back from one place, interviewed and was wait listed. But good luck! Sometimes you only need that special one :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted around 2:30 today! Interviewed 11/6. 504, 3.7s, 3.4c with an upward trend.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today!! interviewed 10/30

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Was accepted today morning! Interviewed 11/2, LM: 66.5

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed 11/2 and accepted 11/13! Super, super friendly staff and students

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Little late posting this, received II for 2/1. IS, 3.5, 3.7, 518. I emailed the admissions team asking to be put on the waitlist for an earlier interview (I was a somewhat late applicant), has anybody had any success getting an earlier interview? I'm really hoping to interview before Christmas, really kicking myself for waiting for my MCAT score before I started my primary app.

Little late posting this, received II for 2/1. IS, 3.5, 3.7, 518. I emailed the admissions team asking to be put on the waitlist for an earlier interview (I was a somewhat late applicant), has anybody had any success getting an earlier interview? I'm really hoping to interview before Christmas, really kicking myself for waiting for my MCAT score before I started my primary app.
Definitely possible, I was moved up in my interview slot. I am sure it is a common practice as schedules/circumstances can change before an interview slot. If not do not give up hope, the application cycle still has 5ish months! Good luck!

Definitely possible! My interview was scheduled December 12th and I’ve already interviewed and been accepted! They emailed me for an earlier interview 3 days after they added me to be on the earlier interview waitlist!

I interviewed here on 11/16/2020. The students and staff were all super friendly, and this was definitely the most organized virtual interview I've had. I would highly consider this program if I got in. Just wish it was not in Kirksville lol.

I interviewed here on 11/16/2020. The students and staff were all super friendly, and this was definitely the most organized virtual interview I've had. I would highly consider this program if I got in. Just wish it was not in Kirksville lol.

I totally agree! Absolutely loved my interview experience with them and am really excited about the school. Just not 100% sure about Kirksville yet either. Worried about potential job opportunities for my significant other

I totally agree! Absolutely loved my interview experience with them and am really excited about the school. Just not 100% sure about Kirksville yet either. Worried about potential job opportunities for my significant other
Is anyone sure or have info about the opportunities for nurses in the area?

Is anyone sure or have info about the opportunities for nurses in the area?
I mean i know there is a smaller hospital attached to the school, so there might be opportunities there. Otherwise I'm not sure.

Just recently been placed on the alternate list. Does anybody know the waitlist movement for this school?

Just got placed on pre-II hold. OOS 3.4 cgpa/sgpa 507 mcat with 5000+ clinical experience and 1 publication

• Care
Has anyone had the opportunity to visit Kirksville and can comment on what it’s like? I don’t think I’ll be able to visit the school before making my decision and I’m curious to know how it is

Just recently been placed on the alternate list. Does anybody know the waitlist movement for this school?
I know waitlists usually move around as deadlines for deposits approach and after interviews are complete. However each school is different, some have ranked waitlists and others do not. I would update the admissions committee after your interview after a month or so and express your interests.
Keep the school updated and do not lose hope! The cycle is far from over!

My interview has been moved to next Monday 12/07 from my previous interview on 02/08, so excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the acceptance call! I don't even know what to say, I'm going to be a doctor! Interviewed 11/20!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Pre-II hold :( is this like a soft rejection or is there still a chance?

Pre-II hold :( is this like a soft rejection or is there still a chance?
Doesn't sound bad, could be a missing part of the application ( like MCAT hasn't been taken yet, something like that). But I'm assuming everything is complete in your application. If they put you on a "hold" could be a interview waitlist hold, where you basically wait to interview. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, unless you sabotaged your application somehow lol. The cycle still has until April-ish so plenty of time to go! Good luck and don't lose hope!

• Care
Has anyone from the 11/16 interview date heard back yet???

Could anyone who has interviewed already let me know when you got the link for the meeting? I'm interviewing Thursday and have yet to receive anything, so I am a little nervous!

I interviewed on a Monday and got it the Friday right before

Could anyone who has interviewed already let me know when you got the link for the meeting? I'm interviewing Thursday and have yet to receive anything, so I am a little nervous!

I interviewed on a Monday and got it the Friday right before

From reading all the previous posts, it seems like ATSU has a very fast turnaround time after interview, at max being about 11 days.

Hey! Is anyone going to the virtual reception with student ambassadors tonight that is interviewing tomorrow? If so, are people just planning on wearing something similar to what you are wearing to the interview?

Also is there a way to view who the faculty members are that you're interviewing with?

Hey! Is anyone going to the virtual reception with student ambassadors tonight that is interviewing tomorrow? If so, are people just planning on wearing something similar to what you are wearing to the interview?

Also is there a way to view who the faculty members are that you're interviewing with?
When I went, people were dressed very business casual. I just wore a nice sweater. I also got an email the day before with a list of those I'd be interviewing with and a little about them (basically a shortened resume).

When I went, people were dressed very business casual. I just wore a nice sweater. I also got an email the day before with a list of those I'd be interviewing with and a little about them (basically a shortened resume).

Hmmm I still have not received an email with information about who I'm interviewing with.

For those who have interviewed, I just wanted to ask how you felt overall (vibe, difficulty, and the amount of unpredicted questions). Thanks! You can be as brief as you want!

For those who have interviewed, I just wanted to ask how you felt overall (vibe, difficulty, and the amount of unpredicted questions). Thanks! You can be as brief as you want!

Honestly, this was my favorite interview I had. Everyone was so conversational and friendly and I felt like they really cared about getting to know me. I thought the questions were all fair and none were difficult or unpredicted. They will ask you questions about things on your application so make sure you look that over. Overall, I had a really positive vibe from this school

Honestly, this was my favorite interview I had. Everyone was so conversational and friendly and I felt like they really cared about getting to know me. I thought the questions were all fair and none were difficult or unpredicted. They will ask you questions about things on your application so make sure you look that over. Overall, I had a really positive vibe from this school
Thanks a bunch. I've had some difficult times at Mizzou so I was just kinda nervous haha thank you so much for your input

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks a bunch. I've had some difficult times at Mizzou so I was just kinda nervous haha thank you so much for your input

Happy to help! Let me know if you have any other questions

• Care
Can any 3rd or 4th year speak about rotations here? I believe they told me during the interview day that you are placed at either a 1 year or a 2 year site for 3rd/4th year? That is, you don't have to move too frequently it seems for rotation sites?