2020-2021 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, has anyone been interviewed and/or accepted without taking the CASPer exam? I see it is highly recommended but not required so was just wondering

I kept meaning to take it before my interview, but never made the time. I was accepted though, so it’s not mandatory. Probably not advisable to skip it though if you have the time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted in December and paid my deposit and got the confirmation. Is there anything else I need to do? I haven't really heard anything from the school since then.
i'm in the same boat. i think they are sending out further instructions this spring for immunizations and background checks, etc. but for now i think we just wait

Reactions: 1 users
i'm in the same boat. i think they are sending out further instructions this spring for immunizations and background checks, etc. but for now i think we just wait

I just got an email from Kelly about 2hrs ago with an update. Basically she said to hang tight and she will be sending more information in the next week or so. If you haven’t seen it yet, check your spam/junk folders!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can people drop before the amcas trafficking deadline? If so, can people be pulled off the waitlist earlier than then?

Can people drop before the amcas trafficking deadline? If so, can people be pulled off the waitlist earlier than then?
Osteopathic schools don't follow the AMCAS trafficking dealines. Instead the AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines.
And yes, people can be pulled off the waitlist anytime from today all the way to the day before class starts. I know someone in my class that got pulled off the waitlist the day orientation started.

Osteopathic schools don't follow the AMCAS trafficking dealines. Instead the AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines.
And yes, people can be pulled off the waitlist anytime from today all the way to the day before class starts. I know someone in my class that got pulled off the waitlist the day orientation started.
hey Dr. Strange- I sent you a PM! Would be so grateful if you could reply at your convenience :)

hey Dr. Strange- I sent you a PM! Would be so grateful if you could reply at your convenience :)
Sorry about this! It's not only you though, so don't take it personal lol. I've just been busier these days. I'll try to check my inbox soon.

Hey everyone, just interviewed here on 2/19 and I really enjoyed it! I was wondering if anyone else sent thank you letters to their interviewers, or if that is even welcomed.

Hey everyone, just interviewed here on 2/19 and I really enjoyed it! I was wondering if anyone else sent thank you letters to their interviewers, or if that is even welcomed.
yes I did and mine even replied!

Oh that's great! Did you send the letters to the main admissions email for them to forward?
nope I referenced back to the original interview email with my interviewers and used the emails from there to send thank yous! if you cant find that, you can probably email admissions to ask to them :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need Organic Chemistry 2 Lab for matriculation? I saw on their website that it said 8 hrs of Organic Chemistry
I have:
Organic Chemistry 1 lecture - 3 hrs
Organic Chemistry 2 lecture- 3 hrs
Organic Chemistry 1 Lab- 2hours
for a total of 8 hrs. Would this suffice or would I have to take Organic Chemistry 2 Lab during the Summer?

Do we need Organic Chemistry 2 Lab for matriculation? I saw on their website that it said 8 hrs of Organic Chemistry
I have:
Organic Chemistry 1 lecture - 3 hrs
Organic Chemistry 2 lecture- 3 hrs
Organic Chemistry 1 Lab- 2hours
for a total of 8 hrs. Would this suffice or would I have to take Organic Chemistry 2 Lab during the Summer?
Email admissions. They usually get back to you pretty fast!

For those who interviewed virtually, is there a writing prompt during the interview? If so, how much time is given? Thanks

For those who interviewed virtually, is there a writing prompt during the interview? If so, how much time is given? Thanks
There was a writing prompt. I had to email it to the admissions lady during one of the info sessions and I had like 5 minutes to write it.

• Wow
only 5 minutes? That's terrifying
It was like „what, in your opinion, is the best x“.
I reread my email and I wrote 8 sentences. I remember feeling kind of rushed and when they asked me to turn it in, I remember thinking about all of the stuff I didn’t get to say. But I got the A two days later so I think I was over stressed about it.

It was like „what, in your opinion, is the best x“.
I reread my email and I wrote 8 sentences. I remember feeling kind of rushed and when they asked me to turn it in, I remember thinking about all of the stuff I didn’t get to say. But I got the A two days later so I think I was over stressed about it.

They gave us about ten minutes in person (I assume because we were writing on paper instead of typing). But the prompt was something anyone applying to medical school should be more than ready to talk about, so it was plenty of time. Don’t worry about it; you’ll do fine!

WL and interviewed on 2/13 - not surprising as everyone said they were for the most part interviewing for the waitlist. But good luck to everyone else! :)

Last edited:
Does ARCOM usually send out decisions in 1.5 weeks like they mentioned in the interview?

Hello everyone! Was anyone recently accepted? Because it seems like most were waitlisted...

Have an accepted applicants gotten info on the background check/drug screen/next steps?

Have an accepted applicants gotten info on the background check/drug screen/next steps?

I attempted to send in my immunizations forms and asked about the background check the other day and admissions said they are not accepting immunization forms yet (waiting on the vendor to set the system up for this year) and that the background check info should be coming soon.

Okay, thank you both! I got a call several weeks ago that we would have something roughly around the end of February and hadn’t heard anything since lol

Is it safe to say that everyone in the last one month (maybe more), have been waitlisted (based on the posts here) or should I blame myself for not doing so well on the interview?

Is it safe to say that everyone in the last one month (maybe more), have been waitlisted (based on the posts here) or should I blame myself for not doing so well on the interview?

I could be wrong, but I think you're right! And although SDN isn't representative of everyone, I would bet that if applicants were accepted this past month one of them would've chimed in on this thread. So don't blame yourself, you had to have done well to be WL!! I do wish they told us that we were interviewing for the waitlist - but do remember the CEO slipping when sharing with us to pay the deposit if accepted provided there were 300 or so people on the WL at the moment lol

I could be wrong, but I think you're right! And although SDN isn't representative of everyone, I would bet that if applicants were accepted this past month one of them would've chimed in on this thread. So don't blame yourself, you had to have done well to be WL!! I do wish they told us that we were interviewing for the waitlist - but do remember the CEO slipping when sharing with us to pay the deposit if accepted provided there were 300 or so people on the WL at the moment lol
300 people are currently on the waitlist? I just interviewed last week and am still waiting to hear back :(

300 people are currently on the waitlist? I just interviewed last week and am still waiting to hear back :(
I could be mistaken! But if my memory serves me right, I remember him saying that there were 300 or so students (and that could've changed from earlier this month) when sharing a story about an applicant this cycle that didn't pay the deposit initially and only realized until after the deadline there was one.. so that seat was up for grabs. But relative to other schools I interviewed at, where 150-250 students are WL each cycle ARCOM's 300 isn't completely unfathomable

Last edited:
oh wow, the wait lists are much longer than I expected. I guess I can consider them a soft R. I was telling my mom, my chances on WL is like 50-50. I guess it's more like 1% :cryi:

300 sounds very excessive...is that even possible given the time frame?

300 sounds very excessive...is that even possible given the time frame?
That's what I remember - but please take what I said with a grain of salt. He could have misspoken or I misheard it!! If anyone who interviewed on 02/13 and was there post-lunch can collaborate that would be helpful too! But until we hear someone from admissions, keep the hope :) (and i would bet that we all still have a high chance of getting an acceptance offer!!)

Last edited:
When does orientation usually start? When is the first day you usually have to come to campus? I am an accepted student and haven't heard anything

When does orientation usually start? When is the first day you usually have to come to campus? I am an accepted student and haven't heard anything
Orientation for Class of 2024 was July 20-22. First Day of class was 7/23. It's been about the same each year. 2021-2022 calendar is not on the website yet.

Withdrew my seat today. Congratulations to everyone wish you all the best.

Reactions: 2 users
300 on waitlist... so is it safe to say they are done sending out II's hahaha

Effectively a pre-II R sent today. They ran out of room for interviews.