2020-2021 Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would assume they would send out letters before Friday the 26th. Considering their deadline is on Sunday the 28th. Please keep the thread informed if anyone hears anything!
What I’m thinking is that they planned to send them out last week, but the snow storm hit and all UAMS non-clinical staff didn’t come in.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone can see UAMS on CYMS tool that is awaiting to hear decisions this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
What I’m thinking is that they planned to send them out last week, but the snow storm hit and all UAMS non-clinical staff didn’t come in.
That is correct. My best guess is that the letters go out Thursday or Friday of this week. Snail mail.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone can see UAMS on CYMS tool that is awaiting to hear decisions this week?
I don’t think anyone who is awaiting decisions for February should expect seeing UAMS on the CYMS tool. I think I remember reading on a previous year’s forum that adcom enables that tool once they expect letters to be received by applicants by mail.

I didn't get anything in the mail yet. I have informed delivery.

I didn't get anything in the mail yet. I have informed delivery.
0019C8EC-5321-4A59-8195-F2F3943987A8.jpeg

Hopefully that means you’re getting a large envelope with your acceptance package!!

I’m in the same boat.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. It is a big envelope while the rejections are in a normal sized envelope.
Those on the alternate list will also receive the larger envelope but it will only contain a few information sheets, whereas the offer packet with include additional information, thus a little thicker and heavier than the alternate envelope.

Reactions: 2 users
Those on the alternate list will also receive the larger envelope but it will only contain a few information sheets, whereas the offer packet with include additional information, thus a little thicker and heavier than the alternate envelope.

Looks like they used different color packets as well. Acceptances white, alternates beige

Got my acceptance today!!!! Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I also got an acceptance in the mail today! I reside in the Little Rock area! Im wishing the best for all of you!

Anyone from outside of LR get a letter? Looks like it’s gonna be Monday/next week for the rest of us.

For the people who just got accepted— is it on your AMCAS choose your medical school tool yet? My parents are out of town and can’t check the mailbox!! Lol!

For the people who just got accepted— is it on your AMCAS choose your medical school tool yet? My parents are out of town and can’t check the mailbox!! Lol!
Not yet

Mine is but I was accepted in a previous wave

In Little Rock and haven't received anything. Maybe a large envelope on the way.....? #fingerscrossed

I’m in Cabot and haven’t received anything. I’m under the impression that everyone will receive something... acceptance/waitlist/rejection... is that correct?

I’m in Cabot and haven’t received anything. I’m under the impression that everyone will receive something... acceptance/waitlist/rejection... is that correct?
Yes, every person who interviewed will receive something in the mail.

got my letter two hours of south of LR today! hopefully letters are on their way/have arrived in other corners of the state.
For those accepted, the letters say that we need to return the acceptance acknowledgement form within 2 weeks. Does that mean 2 weeks from when the letter was dated (Feb 22)? Because if so, it’s already been a week and i’m scared that my form may not make it back in time. Hopefully there’s more leeway to that...

Do you know if they send all letters via priority Mail or only the acceptances?
All letters are mailed the same. Some just take longer to arrive due to processing at the different PO stations. There were times when an applicant might not have received their letter after two weeks. It was usually an address issue listed incorrectly on their AMCAS application. Good luck!

got my letter two hours of south of LR today! hopefully letters are on their way/have arrived in other corners of the state.
For those accepted, the letters say that we need to return the acceptance acknowledgement form within 2 weeks. Does that mean 2 weeks from when the letter was dated (Feb 22)? Because if so, it’s already been a week and i’m scared that my form may not make it back in time. Hopefully there’s more leeway to that...
It's a soft deadline. Just return it asap. If too much time goes by, they will reach out to you.

Any OOS applicants receive letters yet?

For those who received their letters, were they sent via first class mail?

Based on USPS first class mail large and small envelopes take 1-3 business days to arrive at destination...

Any OOS applicants receive letters yet?

For those who received their letters, were they sent via first class mail?

Based on USPS first class mail large and small envelopes take 1-3 business days to arrive at destination...
Received mine on Monday. Rejection letter so it was small. I’m in CA.

I live in PA- I have not received a letter so far. when should I contact UAMS about the letter?

It took me a week and a half to get mine and I live in NW AR
Just paranoid- checked my address on AMCAS like four times haha. Since someone heard back in California- i became more anxious to know. Thanks for the reassurance.

It’s 2021. They need to send emails. The wait is absolutely ridiculous. It’s been a week and still no letter. (I’m a current student waiting on a letter for a family member) I’ll definitely be bringing this up to them at some point

Reactions: 3 users
I have a quick question to those who have already received their acceptance letters. Did you also receive an e-mail from UAMS College of Medicine informing you of their new Medical Scholars in Public Health (MSPH) post-bacc program?

I am still waiting to receive my letter in the mail, however it does seem odd that the school would e-mail me with links on how to apply to their post-bacc program if an acceptance letter was in the mail. I am still holding out hope for an acceptance, but I have to admit receiving an e-mail with information about their new post-bacc program doesn't leave me feeling that great. I was just curious if others have also received this e-mail...

I have a quick question to those who have already received their acceptance letters. Did you also receive an e-mail from UAMS College of Medicine informing you of their new Medical Scholars in Public Health (MSPH) post-bacc program?

I am still waiting to receive my letter in the mail, however it does seem odd that the school would e-mail me with links on how to apply to their post-bacc program if an acceptance letter was in the mail. I am still holding out hope for an acceptance, but I have to admit receiving an e-mail with information about their new post-bacc program doesn't leave me feeling that great. I was just curious if others have also received this e-mail...
I wouldn't read into it. While email marketing platforms can be targeted, organizations often don't utilize targeting features well for one reason or another. Often times organizations send their emails to everyone and anyone just to get their brand out their.

I wouldn't read into it. While email marketing platforms can be targeted, organizations often don't utilize targeting features well for one reason or another. Often times organizations send their emails to everyone and anyone just to get their brand out their.
Unfortunately the MSPH email beat the snail mail to some people. If you got the email you have been rejected or waitlisted.

Unfortunately the MSPH email beat the snail mail to some people. If you got the email you have been rejected or waitlisted.
😞
Well, as much as it hurts at least now I know. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. Thank you for the information.