2021-2022 Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all, not a current applicant but hoping to get a head start by asking y'all. UAMS is currently my top choice school, for both academic and personal/family reasons (it's somewhere I'd like to live long term) but I am not an Arkansas resident. Currently active duty military. Likely to ETS around 2026 and that is my planned application cycle. I know that UAMS strongly prefers in-state students and as far as I can tell, residents automatically get an interview. If I move to the state and put in an application 4 months later, is that too soon to demonstrate residency/strong ties? Is there anything I can do in the next few years to make the "strong ties" part of my application stronger? I live in TX for context.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this question!
I am also an OOS trying to get in this current cycle, and I emailed a recruiting guy about this and this is what he told me after I told him I had lived in Arkansas for 5 months before my application:
To be considered an Arkansas resident, you have to have lived in Arkansas for at least 6 months at the time of applying.

Members don't see this ad.

I am also an OOS trying to get in this current cycle, and I emailed a recruiting guy about this and this is what he told me after I told him I had lived in Arkansas for 5 months before my application:
Thank you, that's very useful!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, not a current applicant stbut hoping to get a head start by asking y'all. UAMS is currently my top choice school, for both academic and personal/family reasons (it's somewhere I'd like to live long term) but I am not an Arkansas resident. Currently active duty military. Likely to ETS around 2026 and that is my planned application cycle. I know that UAMS strongly prefers in-state students and as far as I can tell, residents automatically get an interview. If I move to the state and put in an application 4 months later, is that too soon to demonstrate residency/strong ties? Is there anything I can do in the next few years to make the "strong ties" part of my application stronger? I live in TX for context.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this question!
There was a provision that would allow for someone who married an Arkansas resident or someone who moved to the state for full-time employment to be determined to be an Arkansas resident. I suggest you email the Office of Admissions to explain you will be exiting the military and establishing a home in Arkansas, hopefully with gainful employment. It would be worth asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the second round of early acceptance letters has been mailed yet?

Is the 2nd round of acceptance letters only for early decision applicants or are regular MD in state applicants also included? I interviewed on the first day.. will I hear back with the rest in late Feb or possibility to hear sooner?

Does it depend on earlier interview dates and when applications are completely evaluated as well as high stats?

Is the 2nd round of acceptance letters only for early decision applicants or are regular MD in state applicants also included? I interviewed on the first day.. will I hear back with the rest in late Feb or possibility to hear sooner?
UAMS technically does not have an "early decision" program. They simply review a small number (approx 25+) of highly qualified Arkansas applicants with complete applications in both December and January. UAMS does not have rolling admissions. There could be equally qualified applicants whose decisions are made in February but perhaps their file was not complete at the time of the earlier reviews. With the exception of those made offers in the two months noted, all applications will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee in February. Letters will be mailed at the same time to those who are offered positions, those on the alternate list, and those to whom they will not be making an offer. Remain hopeful.

Reactions: 1 users
Does it depend on earlier interview dates and when applications are completely evaluated as well as high stats?
Earlier offers are based on complete applications that meet the high standard for being reviewed early.

Anyone know how many OOS students are currently in the M1 class? I know the M2 class has 8 total but didn’t know if that is normal. Also does anyone know roughly how many acceptances are sent for OOS kids? Like there might be 8 students that matriculated the M2 year but how many actual As did they have to send out to OOS kids to get 8 kids that accepted those seats?

Anyone know how many OOS students are currently in the M1 class? I know the M2 class has 8 total but didn’t know if that is normal. Also does anyone know roughly how many acceptances are sent for OOS kids? Like there might be 8 students that matriculated the M2 year but how many actual As did they have to send out to OOS kids to get 8 kids that accepted those seats?
The number of non-Arkansas residents admitted to each freshman class is limited to 15% of the total class.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If my GUS page has the "Accept Admission" tab does that mean I will be accepted and haven't gotten a letter yet or does everyone's show that?

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 3.38.21 PM.png
If my GUS page has the "Accept Admission" tab does that mean I will be accepted and haven't gotten a letter yet or does everyone's show that?

View attachment 349617If my GUS page has the "Accept Admission" tab does that mean I will be accepted and haven't gotten a letter yet or does everyone's show that?
It's on everyone's page! I check it daily lmao, but we won't get our final decisions from GUS.

Yall think theres any chance of the letters being sent next week? I know last year they were sent on the 25th, but I also saw they originally planned to send them during the 3rd week of Feb. But there was an ice storm.

Yall think theres any chance of the letters being sent next week? I know last year they were sent on the 25th, but I also saw they originally planned to send them during the 3rd week of Feb. But there was an ice storm.
Looking back to UAMS’ Facebook posts from previous years, it seems like letters are usually put in the mail right around the 25th.

Yall think theres any chance of the letters being sent next week? I know last year they were sent on the 25th, but I also saw they originally planned to send them during the 3rd week of Feb. But there was an ice storm
If it takes them a week to sort and process after decision week, it depends on which week is decision week too

Yeah I was just looking back over the last few years and it seems they were sent ~23rd most years. But in those years that day fell around the end of the 3rd week of february. And last year they were sent around the 25th and a former adcom member said they had planned to send them the previous week, which would have again been the 3rd week of february. I was just wondering since the 25th is the friday of the last week of february this year, if they would continue to send the letters the 3rd week of february or continue to send them around the same numerical dates. It doesnt really matter at all, I guess I just had some extra free time to be overly anxious/excited today lol.
Same. Speculation helps me deal with anxiety/excitement too

Is this for in state or out of state letters?
Based on previous cycles, in-state and OOS applicants get their letters at the same time (at least for the February wave). When you actually get the letter depends on how far away you live from Little Rock, as that’s where they’ll send it from.

Dang, dude, I hope these suckahs let me in.. I can’t take it anymore!!

Anyone tried calling them? I did but could not reach anyone and can’t follow up being abroad

Anyone tried calling them? I did but could not reach anyone and can’t follow up being abroad
Final decisions made this Friday. Letters mailed near the end of next week. Wishing you each the best outcome.

Reactions: 2 users
My parents said there’ll be another ice storm. Will that delay final processing and mailing?

Anyone else checking the UAMS COM Facebook page constantly to see if they've mailed the letters yet, or is that just me?!

Anyone else checking the UAMS COM Facebook page constantly to see if they've mailed the letters yet, or is that just me?!
Please let us know if they post about mailing out the letters!

Are they open with storm?
I saw that they implemented their inclement weather policy yesterday (closing non-critical campus areas) but resumed normal schedule beginning at 10 am today. Unfortunately, this might have caused a delay in mailing the letters.

I saw that they implemented their inclement weather policy yesterday (closing non-critical campus areas) but resumed normal schedule beginning at 10 am today. Unfortunately, this might have caused a delay in mailing the letters.
So it may be today, tomorrow the traditional 25th or even latest by Monday the 28th. Good luck everyone!

Letters were mailed this morning!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks @MateoGM416 Must be current bc some got it the next day in AR looking at past cycles. The waiting continues

Last edited:
Hopefully people get their letters this week!!

UAMS posted on facebook that students have started receiving their letters! Not sure if they are in state or out of state though.

Nothing in mail today. Right on the louisiana side of state line about 2.5 hours from little rock.

Congrats @readeatsleep!! Then people should be getting their letters depending on what time the mail delivers where they are (in Arkansas)

congrats! I'm surprised they made it to oklahoma already! do you know if they were sent in priority mail?
Congrats! Was your A in a big envelope? In past threads I heard that big envelopes mean an A and small, regular sized envelope means R

Not priority mail, just regular. It came in a big envelope.

Reactions: 2 users
NWA students getting theirs!