You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Arkansas
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PalmarPits
New Member
Chances are good, comparatively. Consider rural health program. I have heard they usually pick from the WL with students expressing interest in joining rural health program. I would reach out and inquire, if interested.does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist for an in state student? first time applying...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
green_moose
New Member
Does anyone know how many alternates are typically accepted from year to year that don't do the rural health program?
I think the office typically says 50-60 on the alternate list. Good luck.Does anyone know how many alternates are typically accepted from year to year that don't do the rural health program?
peacelovemedicine123
New Member
Has anyone heard if they have started accepting people off the waitlist yet?
Trafficking deadlines for AAMC will impact waitlist movement. I wouldn’t expect anything until after April 15 at the earliest. It also depends if you signed up for the Rural Practice Scholarship since those awardees are prioritized.Has anyone heard if they have started accepting people off the waitlist yet?
greysagereader25
New Member
Anyone know when we should expect to receive a financial aid packet?
D
deleted762681
Does anyone know when we have to have the FAFSA completed?
Looks like the priority deadline is May 15, but it's probably best to do it asap.Does anyone know when we have to have the FAFSA completed?
Priority Deadline Dates - Student Financial Services
In order to ensure your aid is available by your college’s disbursement date, we suggest your FAFSA be submitted (available starting October 1st of each year for the next academic year) and ALL other required documentation returned to our office on/before the priority deadline dates listed...
studentfinancialservices.uams.edu
greysagereader25
New Member
I believe some were given out last week.Does anyone know when they give out freshman scholarships?
greysagereader25
New Member
Has there been any waitlist movement?
doc3L
New Member
I got accepted this morning!! There is hope for the waitlist moving 🙂Has there been any waitlist movement?
stringcheese
New Member
Has there been any waitlist movement for those that are not apart of the rural medicine program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doc3L
New Member
Yes! I was accepted today and I am not part of the rural medicine programHas there been any waitlist movement for those that are not apart of the rural medicine program?
D
deleted762681
I applied for the scholarships but haven’t heard back. Does that mean I wasn’t offered anything?
TBLS start in your Molecules to Cells class which starts in October, and after that they occur pretty sporadically but at least once a week. However, UAMS has been doing them all online this year. Your class may be different but last I heard they are trying to do a hybrid in-person/online with TBLS being online! Hopefully they will tell you all more soon!Question for current students: how often are TBLs in 1st year? Or just how often are we required to physically show up on a weekly basis?
When will we get instructions on sending transcripts and other docs? I assume they are waiting for the semester to end. I can see an accept/decline admission on my GUS account, but I haven't received any emails about doing anything through GUS yet (other than financial aid).
mr_razrback
Full Member
I was accepted off of the waitlist yesterday morning! Good luck to everyone still waiting!Has anyone heard any waitlist news after the April 30th commitment deadline?
medicine12345678
New Member
does anyone know how many have gotten in off the waitlist so far? also how many have they usually accepted off the waitlist in past years?
I believe they have between 30-50 applicants on the waitlist. I assume most of the waitlist movement will happen after April 30, since thats when applicants with multiple acceptances need to commit to one. However, the bigger question is how quickly UAMS can identify and/or notify which applicants they are pulling off the waitlist. This also complicates things since applicants who are accepted into the rural program are given preference. Those who don’t opt for the rural practice program, like myself, may have to wait longer. The first AAMC trafficking deadline was on April 15th, but there wasn’t any waitlist movement until a few days leading up to the next deadline. My point is that the admissions committee seems to take their time. I assume this can either be strategic or a sign that they are unprepared.does anyone know how many have gotten in off the waitlist so far? also how many have they usually accepted off the waitlist in past years?
Actually, those accepted into the Rural Practice would have already been notified. Placement on the alternate or wait list was already determined by the ADCOM in February. The list is not revisited or shuffled to rank again. Once a seat becomes available, Mr. South triggers the process for the next alternate on the list to be made the offer. This part of the process is run by the Office of Admissions since waitlist ranking has already been determined. There is absolutely no manipulation whatsoever in the process. The next deserving applicant is usually notified within 24 hours. The Admissions Office is very diligent and invested in making this process as painful as possible for the applicants still waiting to hear of their outcome. I hope this helps a bit in understanding the process.I believe they have between 30-50 applicants on the waitlist. I assume most of the waitlist movement will happen after April 30, since thats when applicants with multiple acceptances need to commit to one. However, the bigger question is how quickly UAMS can identify and/or notify which applicants they are pulling off the waitlist. This also complicates things since applicants who are accepted into the rural program are given preference. Those who don’t opt for the rural practice program, like myself, may have to wait longer. The first AAMC trafficking deadline was on April 15th, but there wasn’t any waitlist movement until a few days leading up to the next deadline. My point is that the admissions committee seems to take their time. I assume this can either be strategic or a sign that they are unprepared.
Thank you, it does!Actually, those accepted into the Rural Practice would have already been notified. Placement on the alternate or wait list was already determined by the ADCOM in February. The list is not revisited or shuffled to rank again. Once a seat becomes available, Mr. South triggers the process for the next alternate on the list to be made the offer. This part of the process is run by the Office of Admissions since waitlist ranking has already been determined. There is absolutely no manipulation whatsoever in the process. The next deserving applicant is usually notified within 24 hours. The Admissions Office is very diligent and invested in making this process as painful as possible for the applicants still waiting to hear of their outcome. I hope this helps a bit in understanding the process.
...duh...that should be as "painLESS"as possible...lol...but that was funny.Actually, those accepted into the Rural Practice would have already been notified. Placement on the alternate or wait list was already determined by the ADCOM in February. The list is not revisited or shuffled to rank again. Once a seat becomes available, Mr. South triggers the process for the next alternate on the list to be made the offer. This part of the process is run by the Office of Admissions since waitlist ranking has already been determined. There is absolutely no manipulation whatsoever in the process. The next deserving applicant is usually notified within 24 hours. The Admissions Office is very diligent and invested in making this process as painful as possible for the applicants still waiting to hear of their outcome. I hope this helps a bit in understanding the process.
mr_razrback
Full Member
I think they said it right the first time lol...duh...that should be as "painLESS"as possible...lol...but that was funny.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad