You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Brown (Alpert)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1076485
**** mate i have a super high mcat score and im still II-less. feels badAlpert's admissions process has shifted to prioritize super high MCAT scores in the past few years. They jumped from a median MCAT of 512/513 when I was an undergrad to 517 in a single year and it has remained steady.
They were even under fire from their own student body for leaning on the PLME program to get URM students into the student body. You aren't wrong in that their holistic review is a little disingenuous.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredoctor1995.1
Full Member
Rejected 11/18
Pre II? Completion date? Stats? Please?Rejected 11/18
D
deleted1075607
what was ur mcat if u dont mind me askingPre-II R this morning. Complete 8/19. Total reach school for me. Good luck everyone else!
507 lmaowhat was ur mcat if u dont mind me asking
same interview, they announce those decisions in March after acceptanceHave any PC-PM applicants interviewed yet? I got an II but the email didn't say anything about PC-PM so I'm curious if I'm still in consideration or if they only look at that after acceptance or how that works
This might be late considering the affinity chats are on Fridays, but in case future people have the same question- the applicants in mine were mostly dressed nice casual (like a button down or blouse). The med students were pretty casual and the whole thing was very chill and candid!Anyone know what the dress code for the ODMA affinity group chats is?
abcsunshine
Full Member
Does anyone know how they release decisions? All through email? Getting so antsy for tomorrow 🙂
From their site:Does anyone know how they release decisions? All through email? Getting so antsy for tomorrow 🙂
"Post-interview decisions are transmitted through Alpert Medical School's secure online application system and via email. Only offers of admission are sent via US postal service. All Admissions Committee decisions are final and cannot be appealed."
Good luck everyone!! 🤞
Dont be ANTDoes anyone know how they release decisions? All through email? Getting so antsy for tomorrow 🙂
i love a fresh limonada!Complete since late July and nada nada limonada
eltoroloco
Full Member
Accepted!! 😭😭😭😭 Interviewed 10/30
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
abcsunshine
Full Member
Accepted as well!!😍 Interviewed 11/5
A!!!!!!
Does anyone else only see the button for "decline offer" on the portal? I don't see one to accept
Does anyone else only see the button for "decline offer" on the portal? I don't see one to accept
Last edited:
runandmed1
Full Member
same here
brookstones
Full Member
Just got the A! Interviewed 11/5. I also only see the option to decline.
SoccerKeeper00
Full Member
Accepted as well! Interviewed 10/29!
Waitlisted yesterday! Not super upset because I have other As, but I'm really shocked... this was by far the best interview experience I had. I got along really well with both interviewers and one of them said they wanted me to join their club next year. Again, I'm not broken, but now I'm worried I have a skewed perspective of how I interview lol. Congrats to everyone that got in, Brown seems amazing!
+1Took one for the team. WL.
mrmystery112358
Full Member
This thread has a few pre-ii Rs, so definitely rejections happen, unlike some of the other Ivy's...Does anyone know what date they are by in regards of interviews ? Also does Brown reject you or do they just ghost ?
good question on the date though
abcsunshine
Full Member
Have any accepted students been added to the Facebook page yet?
kljlkjd
Full Member
did anyone of the accepted students send letters of intent post-ii? Does Brown like letters of interest?Current student here. Huge congrats to all accepted, and for those on the WL, keep pushing! Remember to reach out to the students on the contact list if y’all have any questions whatsoever.
Brown is a fantastic place and hoping y’all strongly consider coming here!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eltoroloco
Full Member
Open file. I believe they only do two faculty interviews. They do an exceptional job pairing you with an interviewer who's interested in your experiences and your career goals and often is involved in the sort of work you want to get into. (I know this because at the end of my interview day, literally everyone else who interviewed said this was the case for their interview). Very conversational, no stress interviews.Can anyone talk about their interviewing experience here? Was it open file? Two faculty members? Thanks!!
cockadoodledothecowsaymoo
Full Member
Just got II! Dates in January!
Congrats!!! And goodluck! Complete?Just got II! Dates in January!
cockadoodledothecowsaymoo
Full Member
7/31! Updates 11/17Congrats!!! And goodluck! Complete?
OOS LM75 II completed in September, no interview yet. should I forget Brown ?
I figure if the school sends pre interview rejections, which Brown does, and you haven’t gotten one, then you’re still alive!OOS LM75 II completed in September, no interview yet. should I forget Brown ?
Secondary completed July and silence!OOS LM75 II completed in September, no interview yet. should I forget Brown ?
+1Secondary completed July and silence!
Completed in late Sept but no hopes at this rate haha
+1 complete late augustCompleted in late Sept but no hopes at this rate haha
I got my interview invite late Jan last year, interviewed mid-Feb and was accepted so don’t give up 🙂OOS LM75 II completed in September, no interview yet. should I forget Brown ?
MollyWeasley
Full Member
Thanks for the hope. Could you tell us your secondary complete month (approx) and whether you had any updates that might have made them send you the II that late? I was complete July this cycle, no major updates. Trying to gauge the level of hope. Thank you.I got my interview invite late Jan last year, interviewed mid-Feb and was accepted so don’t give up 🙂
for sure! I think my secondary was complete in July or early August. I did not send in any updates before the interview, but I did send a post-interview letter of intent that I think got me off the waitlist. (also if it’s helpful—OOS, LM 74, not URiM)Thanks for the hope. Could you tell us your secondary complete month (approx) and whether you had any updates that might have made them send you the II that late? I was complete July this cycle, no major updates. Trying to gauge the level of hope. Thank you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R this morning as well. Complete 8/21. OOS, LM 72.
Best of luck to the rest of you!
Best of luck to the rest of you!