-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Brown (Alpert)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pre-II R, complete mid-Aug. LM74 OOS
Brown just give me this R. Stop stringing me along and just send that R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mrmystery112358
Full Member
So if we didn't get this, we're possibly still in the running?
If one has not been rejected, one is still alive. Keep the faith, my friend.So if we didn't get this, we're possibly still in the running?
runningtomd
Full Member
Pre-II R. Complete July 22
D
deleted1076485
R complete early August
Have they got to people who were complete early october?
I completed early October and interviewed this monthHave they got to people who were complete early october?
Oh nice congrats! hope you hear good news soon! But I meant for the pre-ii Rs lol 😂I completed early October and interviewed this month
Sorry haha I misunderstood your comment. I hope you get an II!Oh nice congrats! hope you here good news soon! But I meant for the pre-ii Rs lol 😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1008763
+1 pre II R complete mid Aug
D
deleted899789
Pre-II R today
Ahh why are they doing this to us... Just send them all already
Just go to your portal and check the status tab. It tells you if you're rejected you don't have to wait for the emailAre they sending in alphabetically? Any of those who received recently, could you please let us know first letter of your last name?
Don't see that, Just says Application submittedJust go to your portal and check the status tab. It tells you if you're rejected you don't have to wait for the email
frizalidberg
Full Member
Pre ii R- complete end of July. Good luck everyone!
Don't see that, Just says Application submitted
I think what he/she meant is that you can proactively check your status page consistently to get the potential R or II instead of waiting for an email to be sent to you. (Similar with how you can check the Pitt portal to see your rejection before you get sent an email about your R)
you're chilling thenDon't see that, Just says Application submitted
D
deleted1075607
Damn, I sense an R coming, completed late AUG and silence. Checked my portal and no change
R.
We out
We out
Sorry to hear that!R.
We out
when were you complete and did they just send that it was the email from earlier?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh man.. how did you apply to 49 schools? The intensityR.
We out
right? complete in july and just holding onto the edge of my seat, preparing for this R.Damn, I sense an R coming, completed late AUG and silence. Checked my portal and no change
Now you made me look in Promotions, Social, and Spam folders. Not there yet. Did I survive or not - is the questionView attachment 325121I need to change my Gmail settings. Why did the Brown R email go to Promotions?!
Would somebody mind showing me a screenshot of what your secondary portal looks like if you are rejected? I haven't received a rejection email yet from Brown. However, I have from 2 other schools (Stanford and UCSF) and neither of those portals show any indication of a rejection besides the update in the communications tab which is just the rejection email if you click on it. Am I looking in the wrong place or something? People have made it seem like it's a easy to see declaration under the status tab.
Thanks, i was complete late July i think. I woke up to the email this morningSorry to hear that!
when were you complete and did they just send that it was the email from earlier?
It was rough, both in terms of time and finances lol. I had prewritten a lot of secondaries though, so that helped.Oh man.. how did you apply to 49 schools? The intensity
Rejected Woohoo !
D
deleted1064759
@dindjarin87 I think you asked me at some point if I applied to Brown, but the thread got shut down so I wasn't able to comment.
Well, I received the pre-II rejection here today. It must've been @KnightDoc 's fault; not anything in my application, of course.
Well, I received the pre-II rejection here today. It must've been @KnightDoc 's fault; not anything in my application, of course.
oh no! sorry to hear about the R. Looks like you've had a very successful application season, though!@dindjarin87 I think you asked me at some point if I applied to Brown, but the thread got shut down so I wasn't able to comment.
Well, I received the pre-II rejection here today. It must've been @KnightDoc 's fault; not anything in my application, of course.
+1 complete 7/23Pre-II R. Complete 8/9. OOS 🙁
Not me finding out that gmail's been having global issues delivering emails today and I possibly could've been hit by that R wave but not know....
I thought Gmail had a problem yesterday, not today? Anyways, like another post said, status would change if R. Still waiting on someone to post a screenshotNot me finding out that gmail's been having global issues delivering emails today and I possibly could've been hit by that R wave but not know....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you go to Status, it will say "We regret that your application is no longer being considered for admission."I thought Gmail had a problem yesterday, not today? Anyways, like another post said, status would change if R. Still waiting on someone to post a screenshot
It's today too then! I tried sending multiple emails to someone with a gmail account and couldn't figure out why they kept getting returned. My institution just sent out an alert that gmail was having this problem globally, so I guess that's still going on.I thought Gmail had a problem yesterday, not today? Anyways, like another post said, status would change if R. Still waiting on someone to post a screenshot
Last edited:
Thanks. Nothing yet. Fingers crossed.If you go to Status, it will say "We regret that your application is no longer being considered for admission."
Brown passed on a lot of outstanding people today, who are going to be amazing doctors. 