2020-2021 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an interview invite last night - DM me if anyone has questions!
Congrats! I guess DMU is moving forward

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So the day after I posted the meme, DMU started sending out II?

Hmmm..... Just need one about me getting an II now

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
II just now! 3.7 GPA 504 MCAT. URM. Very excited as I had just gotten my first rejection earlier today, lol.

Reactions: 10 users
Yes haha. It was actually an abysmal experience and thanks!
Did you hate it also? My experience with that video format was so awful. Something about not having anyone to look at while talking just majorly threw me off. I almost closed out after the first question because I already knew I was going to be rejected halfway through it by how bad it went.

Did you hate it also? My experience with that video format was so awful. Something about not having anyone to look at while talking just majorly threw me off. I almost closed out after the first question because I already knew I was going to be rejected halfway through it by how bad it went.
Oh I for sure got the R from LECOM-B but yeah I hated it. They never once spoke to me personally and would have no idea of how I am as a person. Got a text from them later and they're like "we're so happy to have met you." YALL DIDN'T EVEN SPEAK TO ME!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I for sure got the R from LECOM-B but yeah I hated it. They never once spoke to me personally and would have no idea of how I am as a person. Got a text from them later and they're like "we're so happy to have met you." YALL DIDN'T EVEN SPEAK TO ME!

That’s not as bad as being rejected from PNWU and then having a phone call to discuss in depth why, and the PNWU send you a follow up email stating how amazing their medical school is. Like bruh, I get it.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Haha, yeah. I definitely do not like the way they're doing interviews. It did teach me, however, that I would be an absolutely terrible YouTuber.

• Haha
Haha, yeah. I definitely do not like the way they're doing interviews. It did teach me, however, that I would be an absolutely terrible YouTuber.
Oh for sure haha, but I'm happy with my other interviews being synchronous.

Yesterday was my 3 week mark and I’m still pending the initial review. Did others take longer than the 3 weeks?

Submitted my secondary on 6/30 and my "initial review" was checked off maybe a month ago... hard to remember exactly, but yeah it took longer than three weeks for me.

Last edited:
  • Sad
That’s not as bad as being rejected from PNWU and then having a phone call to discuss in depth why, and the PNWU send you a follow up email stating how amazing their medical school is. Like bruh, I get it.
LMAO, is this real? They call you tell you how you failed? Talk about kicking you while you're down

LMAO, is this real? They call you tell you how you failed? Talk about kicking you while you're down
So they emailed me and I requested a phone call to speak with someone about exact reasons because they refused to give that to me via email. Then after talking on the phone a couple days later they sent me an email about how amazing their school is and their match rate yada yada yada. Kinda was like oof.

II! OOS, complete 7/15

cGPA 3.29, sGPA 3.04, Master's GPA 3.44, MCAT 509, 1000s of clinical hours

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats y'all! Glad they're finally moving, if not late at night.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
congrats! Did you receive the portal link on 7/16?
Portal link was received on 7/1, and was marked as completed on 7/16. The II came just a bit ago, so they definitely send them out later in the day!

II today, portal received 6/26, Complete 7/1. Beyond excited

Reactions: 3 users
They say in their complete email that an application will remain in review for "up to 90 days" and then we'll be notified of an admissions decision. Not sure if COVID screwed with that (or how much they followed that to begin with). At any rate, got the complete email 7/16. Nada.

I'm a current DMU student and went through the cycle last year. Happy to answer any questions if needed

They say in their complete email that an application will remain in review for "up to 90 days" and then we'll be notified of an admissions decision. Not sure if COVID screwed with that (or how much they followed that to begin with). At any rate, got the complete email 7/16. Nada.
Yeah, I was complete on 6/29. Have a high GPA and thousands of clinical hours. I haven't taken my MCAT yet, so I'm curious to see if they'll hold true to the interviewing without an MCAT score

I'm a current DMU student and went through the cycle last year. Happy to answer any questions if needed
What kind of interview questions can we expect? From last years thread I saw a lot of them focused on teamwork. I know part of the interview this year is virtual through an online system so I'm a little concerned

My initial review was completed today. Wondering how long until i hear something.

Did anyone receive an email from them about CASPer? I submitted about a week ago and just got a Casper email

II just now!!! Was having a somewhat low day emotionally so this cheered me up!

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
II! OOS, ORM, LM:77. Looks like the Interview will be a standardized question thing like VITA and then a Zoom group activity

Reactions: 3 users
For all those who have received an interview do you have your mcat and Casper in? Anyone who got one without Casper

Congrats to those with II's!

How long does it take to get your initial review done? I'm over their 3 week estimate at this point

Congrats to those with II's!

How long does it take to get your initial review done? I'm over their 3 week estimate at this point
I applied the first day of transmission so mine took under 2 weeks. I think you can contact them if it's taking longer than expected

For all those who have received an interview do you have your mcat and Casper in? Anyone who got one without Casper
MCAT is in, however i didn’t send in my CASPer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Those who got interviews, how long after they sent you the “your application has been sent to admissions committee and may remain there for up to 90 days” did you receive the interview invite?

Those who got interviews, how long after they sent you the “your application has been sent to admissions committee and may remain there for up to 90 days” did you receive the interview invite?
Almost 2 months

• Wow
Congrats to everyone with interviews!!
If I was complete 7/13, is that a silent R? Or do they send out more invites later?

II also received earlier tonight! It’s still very early in the cycle so there is plenty of time to get an invite. All the best!

I got my "complete" email on 7/16, and my "initial review" status changed to received about -I wanna say one or two weeks ago. But I was never notified when that status changed.