2020-2021 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone complete in August gotten an II? Or is it only for those in June/July so far?

Anyone interviewing Sept 3?

I got the Kira email today and plan on doing my interview on Sept 3rd since that's when I'm next available. not sure when the small group sessions are but I guess we'll find out after the Kira

I got the Kira email today and plan on doing my interview on Sept 3rd since that's when I'm next available. not sure when the small group sessions are but I guess we'll find out after the Kira
I’m a little confused about this (probably since I’m not at my computer to see the emails properly) but by doing your interview on 9/3, do you mean Kira?

I’m a little confused about this (probably since I’m not at my computer to see the emails properly) but by doing your interview on 9/3, do you mean Kira?

yes, by interview I mean Kira

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I completed early June and have gotten zilch, but it is what it is.

Right there with you. Hoping for the best, Des Moines is one of my top choices

• Care
no i already did Kira! this is for the group one

II at 6:41 pm eastern time (MCAT 511/ cGPA 3.6, sGPA 3.5, you can calculate LizzyM)! Complete 7/2.

On another note thank you DMU COM for giving me the neuroticism to no longer trust weekends as medical school free news time x.x

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
II at 6:41 pm eastern time (MCAT 511/ cGPA 3.6, sGPA 3.5, you can calculate LizzyM)! Complete 7/2.

On another note thank you DMU COM for giving me the neuroticism to no longer trust weekends as medical school free news time x.x

Congrats!!! When I got mine last night at ~9:30pm my time, I was like "wait what" because that's so late. ICOM emails over the weekends too. Crazy.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!!! When I got mine last night at ~9:30pm my time, I was like "wait what" because that's so late. ICOM emails over the weekends too. Crazy.
curious but which school ghosted you? But actually though low key the anxiety to sleep during the cycle is real :/

curious but which school ghosted you? But actually though low key the anxiety to sleep during the cycle is real :/

Ah, I haven't been ghosted yet. But I'm anticipating it haha. I figured I'll populate that one at the end of the cycle. But there are schools that I still haven't gotten a secondary for, and I'm not sure that I will.

i just submitted the agreement form, so is the link for Kira supposed to come in a different email? or is it somewhere on the portal

Secondary complete 7/14, nothing yet. Pretty bummed out as I see other applicants getting II who were complete on 7/16

Secondary complete 7/14, nothing yet. Pretty bummed out as I see other applicants getting II who were complete on 7/16
Are they waiting on a late MCAT? My initial review was marked complete recently (submitted 7/20) but it says "Not Received" under "MCAT test score"...

Are they waiting on a late MCAT? My initial review was marked complete recently (submitted 7/20) but it says "Not Received" under "MCAT test score"...
Nope, everything has been received by Des Moines. My secondary status is still on "completed"

Nope, everything has been received by Des Moines. My secondary status is still on "completed"
Maintain hope! It's a rolling cycle, right? Not getting in on the FIRST round of interviews doesn't mean you won't get one on a later round!

Update: I did the asynchronous thing. I think it went pretty well up until the last question, I got scared I was starting to repeat myself or ramble, so I panicked and hit 'end.'

ETA: for those that have already done it, how long did it take you to get the information about the zoom?

Update: I did the asynchronous thing. I think it went pretty well up until the last question, I got scared I was starting to repeat myself or ramble, so I panicked and hit 'end.'

ETA: for those that have already done it, how long did it take you to get the information about the zoom?
I took mine Saturday and have yet to receive it but I imagine they’ll start sending stuff out once enough people have submitted Kira to form those groups

Hoping to hear from this school soon *Fingers crossed*

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Finally got marked complete and with that I'm complete at all the schools I applied to : )

Reactions: 2 users
Finally got marked complete and with that I'm complete at all the schools I applied to : )

How long did it take for you to be marked complete? I'm approaching my 3 week submission date and have not been complete yet.

For anyone else that completed Kira: I got the email and link to schedule the group activity

Signed up for Friday's group! Did my Kira assessment earlier today. Really not sure what to expect here: is it supposed to be an info session or a group interview? Also why are they sending a swag bag before accepting us (though honestly I'm stoked about it haha)?

ETA: should I try to switch to Thursday's group? Will 1 day matter? I was just thinking for work it would make more sense to take Friday off... but I don't wan to put myself at a disadvantage.

Last edited:
Signed up for Friday's group! Did my Kira assessment earlier today. Really not sure what to expect here: is it supposed to be an info session or a group interview? Also why are they sending a swag bag before accepting us (though honestly I'm stoked about it haha)?

ETA: should I try to switch to Thursday's group? Will 1 day matter? I was just thinking for work it would make more sense to take Friday off... but I don't wan to put myself at a disadvantage.
I'm confused about what it's gonna be too! But at least we get some merch!

I'm confused about what it's gonna be too! But at least we get some merch!

Yeah! It's only an hour so I imagine it won't be an info session exactly, since they probably couldn't cover everything in.an hour. So Imagine a group activity where we solve a problem maybe? Idk. Also because I'm neurotic: noon CST is 1:00pm EST right?

Yeah! It's only an hour so I imagine it won't be an info session exactly, since they probably couldn't cover everything in.an hour. So Imagine a group activity where we solve a problem maybe? Idk. Also because I'm neurotic: noon CST is 1:00pm EST right?
Yep! That'd be the correct time for you! See you then ;)

haha i have no clue what to expect! are you guys going to prep interview questions? not sure if this is an info session or actual interview