2020-2021 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted just now!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh glob so now they’re off their Thursday afternoon schedule

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today! Call was around 2 PM CT. Interviewed 1/7 and was put on active hold on 3/11.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted today! Call was around 2 PM CT. Interviewed 1/7 and was put on active hold on 3/11.
Hi! Did you receive an email after your phone call with details? I also got the call yesterday but haven’t received anything else yet!

Hi! Did you receive an email after your phone call with details? I also got the call yesterday but haven’t received anything else yet!
I didn’t get an email either but she said it could be Monday before they send it

Just withdrew my acceptance offer. Hopefully it goes to one of you fine folks. It's been a fun ride.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I saw a thread on reddit saying that The casper company was stating that all USMD programs were requiring the entire suite of Altus offerings. When I read the stuff about snapshot, it sounded optional. Have you guys been doing the entire suite? anyone not do snapshot/duet and get an acceptance?

So I just tried checking MSAR for any specific info on waitlist movement but my subscription has expired. Anyone have any details? From previous threads, it looks like there is moderate movement in May and June but I'm dying for some statsss. At the very least I wish they would tell us our rank :(

• Care
So I just tried checking MSAR for any specific info on waitlist movement but my subscription has expired. Anyone have any details? From previous threads, it looks like there is moderate movement in May and June but I'm dying for some statsss. At the very least I wish they would tell us our rank :(
MSAR really doesn’t provide many details. It just says waitlist movement varies. I also wish they provided a general idea of our rank. Itd really help in making future plans.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
MSAR really doesn’t provide many details. It just says waitlist movement varies. I also wish they provided a general idea of our rank. Itd really help in making future plans.
It stresses me out that the next committee meeting is the day BEFORE people with multiple acceptances are expected to commit. I can't imagine much movement until later

It stresses me out that the next committee meeting is the day BEFORE people with multiple acceptances are expected to commit. I can't imagine much movement until later
I think they’re also planning to meet the following week from what I heard from friends who interviewed recently. So not a huge wait!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Nearly pooped my pants when I saw an ETSU email so early in the morning. “Quite a number ‘on hold’” is a scary sentiment :/

Reactions: 4 users
I just got the acceptance call! I interviewed late February and was placed on hold mid march.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted just now! Interviewed mid April!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if rejection letters by mail email or both?

Accepted at 12:45 central time :)
Interviewed end of Jan, placed on hold beginning of Feb. good luck to everyone!!! It has been agonizing but I am praying for good news for all my fellow neurotic SDNers!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Just received my hold email. Interviewed in early April

• Care
Can someone tell me the difference between an alternate-list vs an active hold and or a waitlist?

Can someone tell me the difference between an alternate-list vs an active hold and or a waitlist?
I think active hold, at least at Quillen, means your application is periodically re-reviewed. My understanding is that alternate list and waitlist are synonymous. The active hold list at this school is essentially now equivalent to the other two because the interview season has ended and people have to commit to enroll at one school. And then some schools have ranked lists (like QCOM) and others do not! Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I think active hold, at least at Quillen, means your application is periodically re-reviewed. My understanding is that alternate list and waitlist are synonymous. The active hold list at this school is essentially now equivalent to the other two because the interview season has ended and people have to commit to enroll at one school. And then some schools have ranked lists (like QCOM) and others do not! Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you very much for explaining that........and congrats on your acceptance yesterday.

interviewed mid march, placed on hold end of April. Rejection email received last Thursday. Acceptance call about twenty minutes ago. I had no idea that was a thing.

• Care
interviewed mid march, placed on hold end of April. Rejection email received last Thursday. Acceptance call about twenty minutes ago. I had no idea that was a thing.
This was a roller coaster

Wait what
I am out of state, and Thursday, I received an email stating:

"The Committee on Admissions for the College of Medicine has completed its review and evaluation of your credentials for the class entering in August 2021. As a state-supported institution, we may enroll no more than ten percent of our class (17 positions) from out-of-state. As we received over 3,000 applications, competition for these few positions was particularly intense. As a result, we are not able to accept many well-qualified out-of-state students who apply each year.

After a thorough review of your application, the Committee concluded it was unable to offer you a position in the 2021 entering class. We greatly appreciate your efforts in preparing and submitting your application and congratulate you on your accomplishments to date. As a member of a highly competitive group of applicants, we thank you for your interest in the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine."

Then at 14:20 today they called me and accepted me, and AMCAS updated.

I am out of state, and Thursday, I received an email stating:

"The Committee on Admissions for the College of Medicine has completed its review and evaluation of your credentials for the class entering in August 2021. As a state-supported institution, we may enroll no more than ten percent of our class (17 positions) from out-of-state. As we received over 3,000 applications, competition for these few positions was particularly intense. As a result, we are not able to accept many well-qualified out-of-state students who apply each year.

After a thorough review of your application, the Committee concluded it was unable to offer you a position in the 2021 entering class. We greatly appreciate your efforts in preparing and submitting your application and congratulate you on your accomplishments to date. As a member of a highly competitive group of applicants, we thank you for your interest in the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine."

Then at 14:20 today they called me and accepted me, and AMCAS updated.
So you received a rejection to UTSHC COM, and then an acceptance to UTHSC? Or Quillen? Because this is the Quillen forum

So you received a rejection to UTSHC COM, and then an acceptance to UTHSC? Or Quillen? Because this is the Quillen forum
Actually, you may be correct, and I am just an idiot. I don't even remember applying to University of Tennessee. So I probably just thought they were the same institution when I briefly read the rejection email, eyes glazing over and all that. My apologies. But I did just get accepted to Quillen.

Actually, you may be correct, and I am just an idiot. I don't even remember applying to University of Tennessee. So I probably just thought they were the same institution when I briefly read the rejection email, eyes glazing over and all that. My apologies. But I did just get accepted to Quillen.
Haha I can totally understand that. Nonetheless, congratulations on your acceptance! That's major

It would've been quite a rollercoaster if you showed up to class on the first day at the wrong med school

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Yeah congrats!

Quillen's Facebook group has 79 members already, so does this mean that every spot has been filled? Also, when is the date that every student has to finalize what school they go to?

• Sad
Quillen's Facebook group has 79 members already, so does this mean that every spot has been filled? Also, when is the date that every student has to finalize what school they go to?
Reality is just about hitting me :cryi::cryi:

• Sad
Has anyone had any luck requesting an application review? I’ve started working on my application for next year and curious if they do this if you’re still on hold.

Does anyone know if they are still meeting like every other week to review everyone on hold or if they have a sort of ranking for those on hold and just pull from that list whenever a spot opens up?

Does anyone know if they are still meeting like every other week to review everyone on hold or if they have a sort of ranking for those on hold and just pull from that list whenever a spot opens up?
I have no idea....

Just got a call from Doug Taylor with an A about an hour ago! I guess its not too late!! Could someone pls dm me with the group links? Super excited to see yall soon!

Is there a group me or Facebook for accepted students?

Hi just curious if there's been any activity here.... IS, interviewed 3/30 and was placed on the waitlist but trying to see if I should still hold some hope of an A

Last edited: