2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they plan to continue sending II or if they are done this cycle? Wasn’t sure how many seats they had to fill.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all,
I am withdrawing my acceptance from here, I hope it goes to one of you lovely folks. GL :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I just got an II and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to prepare? Any advice helps!

Just received an II! I would appreciate if anyone had any tips on how to prepare for this interview?

I'm SHOCKED at receiving an II here so late in the cycle, but it happened. I might decline though since I am already accepted into ACOM and on the WL for KCUCOM. Does anyone agree that it's not worth interviewing here now? At this point, I feel like ACOM has everything I want except that it is slightly expensive. Idk though, what do yall think?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm SHOCKED at receiving an II here so late in the cycle, but it happened. I might decline though since I am already accepted into ACOM and on the WL for KCUCOM. Does anyone agree that it's not worth interviewing here now? At this point, I feel like ACOM has everything I want except that it is slightly expensive. Idk though, what do yall think?
Honestly, if you think there's a chance you would prefer this school, you should go interview. You earned it. If you are 100% convinced you'd prefer ACOM though, turn it down so someone else has a chance.

Interviewed 4/28, they said we would hear back within a week so still waiting.

submitted my app super late into the cycle. interviewed 4/28. accepted today. waiting on one more decision before i make up my mind to accept or withdraw

Last edited:
Declined my II! Good luck y’all!!!

Is VCOM-Louisiana also expecting to matriculate approximately 150 students?

I think it might be 162 but I’m not sure.
You might be right. I know online they say they like to matriculate 150 students in each of the 4 campuses, but when they came to my school for an open house they did say it is only an approximation.

Just received an II here today. It didn't say outright, but I am guessing it is for a WL Spot?

If you are accepted here is it possible to transfer to another campus? I called admissions and they gave me the director's email but I am scared to email and ask her because I do not want to lose my acceptance and seem uninterested.

If you are accepted here is it possible to transfer to another campus? I called admissions and they gave me the director's email but I am scared to email and ask her because I do not want to lose my acceptance and seem uninterested.
I think it really depends on which campus you want and on your reasons. For example, the VA campus is impossible to get into since it’s the most requested by applicants and it’s the most competitive. But if you have really good reasons why you want to transfer, they may let you.

I think it really depends on which campus you want and on your reasons. For example, the VA campus is impossible to get into since it’s the most requested by applicants and it’s the most competitive. But if you have really good reasons why you want to transfer, they may let you.
Ok thank you so much! I will ask them. VCOM LA is my only acceptance so far and I love the school but VA is closer to family which would be helpful.

Hello fellow posters,

I am a current OMS1 at the Louisiana campus who will be happy to field any campus specific questions.
What is your opinion on the staff and facility? Do they have a rotational list already planned out since they are a new school?

Is there anybody here who was not put on the waitlist and has not received an interview invite yet? I followed up a few times with admission and they keep telling me that my application is in review due to the amount of applicants. However, I find it strange that even in May I still haven’t heard back the final decision! Should I just assume at this point it’s a no go?

Is there anybody here who was not put on the waitlist and has not received an interview invite yet? I followed up a few times with admission and they keep telling me that my application is in review due to the amount of applicants. However, I find it strange that even in May I still haven’t heard back the final decision! Should I just assume at this point it’s a no go?
Similar boat. haven't been rejected, haven't gotten an II. I haven't reached out to admissions, but based on what they told you, maybe there's still hope that we'll be granted an II! Sounds like they were just swamped with applicants

Similar boat. haven't been rejected, haven't gotten an II. I haven't reached out to admissions, but based on what they told you, maybe there's still hope that we'll be granted an II! Sounds like they were just swamped with applicants
I am in a similar situation. Seeing that I was neither rejected or interviewed, I e-mailed the office last week inquiring if sending an update was still allowed. The admissions counselor replied back stating they are still accepting academic updates. It is rather odd considering we are already in May.

submitted my app super late into the cycle. interviewed 4/28. accepted today. waiting on one more decision before i make up my mind to accept or withdraw
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck guys

No I unfortunately have not:/ wasnt sure if they told us our ranking on the waitlist like some other schools do
I spoke with them about it after and they told me they do not release the WL rankings.

any updates for those who interviewed 5/12? The turn around has been pretty fast for previous interview groups so I'm a little nervous. Seemed like our group was a LOT of OOS and nontrads also so I don't know if that will have any effect on our chances.

any updates for those who interviewed 5/12? The turn around has been pretty fast for previous interview groups so I'm a little nervous. Seemed like our group was a LOT of OOS and nontrads also so I don't know if that will have any effect on our chances.
They just confirmed my acceptance withdrawal today so a spot should open up this week

VCOM- Louisiana vs WCUCOM?
WCUCOM is accredited
VCOM-LA is about 6.5 hours from home. William Carey is about 3 hours.
VCOM-LA is about $7,500/ year cheaper.
VCOM three other campuses have higher first time COMLEX pass rates than WCUCOM.
VCOM has more hub sites for rotations in years 3 and 4.
VCOM-LA is a new school, and it has new facilities.
VCOM-LA has access to VCOM-TV allowing to watch lectures from every campus as they have identical curriculum.
VCOM is the second largest medical school in the U.S. so if the campus was to be hit by a natural disaster we could be distributed between the other campuses to not interrupt our education.

VCOM- Louisiana vs WCUCOM?
WCUCOM is accredited
VCOM-LA is about 6.5 hours from home. William Carey is about 3 hours.
VCOM-LA is about $7,500/ year cheaper.
VCOM three other campuses have higher first time COMLEX pass rates than WCUCOM.
VCOM has more hub sites for rotations in years 3 and 4.
VCOM-LA is a new school, and it has new facilities.
VCOM-LA has access to VCOM-TV allowing to watch lectures from every campus as they have identical curriculum.
VCOM is the second largest medical school in the U.S. so if the campus was to be hit by a natural disaster we could be distributed between the other campuses to not interrupt our education.
From this post, I see nothing that opposes VCOM so I think you know which choice you're swaying closer towards lol. However, it all comes down to what you find important. The only things I see that might cause you to select WCUCOM over VCOM is cheaper tuition and close proximity to home.

I thought my interview went well but unfortunately I got rejected, did you hear back?

• Care
Has anyone received a top 20 waitlist notification and been accepted recently?

Withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you soon!

Can someone speak on how 3rd year rotations work here? Do we rank out locations based on all 4 VCOM Core site hospitals or are we required to rank them based on just the campus we attend and their rotating hospitals? So say I attend VCOM-LA can I rank a core hospital for VCOM-CC? Thank you!

Can someone speak on how 3rd year rotations work here? Do we rank out locations based on all 4 VCOM Core site hospitals or are we required to rank them based on just the campus we attend and their rotating hospitals? So say I attend VCOM-LA can I rank a core hospital for VCOM-CC? Thank you!
From what I know, you can apply for a rotation outside of your campus…but it’s unlikely you will get it. Those at that campus have higher priority when it comes to rotation sites in their area.

From what I know, you can apply for a rotation outside of your campus…but it’s unlikely you will get it. Those at that campus have higher priority when it comes to rotation sites in their area.
Great thank you for your help!