-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 George Washington
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Also on hold, complete 7/18. Same status in the portal as others.
uh-oh they skipped me.. complete 7/15..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You’re “complete” so I would assume you haven’t been reviewed yet! This is what my portal looked like until I got my hold statusComplete July 14th. I included a screenshot of my status. So I think I am not on hold? But I am confused if I am "under review" or just complete and "ready for review"?
MoonQuail
Full Member
Oh okay, thank you! It's just strange to see that my application has not been reviewed when people who submitted after me already have been reviewed and are on hold. Confusing hahaYou’re “complete” so I would assume you haven’t been reviewed yet! This is what my portal looked like until I got my hold status
CanadianApplicant2020
Full Member
Depends on who is assigned your application. They also don't necessarily review based on time of submission.Oh okay, thank you! It's just strange to see that my application has not been reviewed when people who submitted after me already have been reviewed and are on hold. Confusing haha
go girl 08
Full Member
Oh okay, thank you! It's just strange to see that my application has not been reviewed when people who submitted after me already have been reviewed and are on hold. Confusing haha
I have the exact same status as you and was complete July 16th
MoonQuail
Full Member
I see! Okay that clarifies things. 🙂 Sorry for the silly questions hahaDepends on who is assigned your application. They also don't necessarily review based on time of submission.
premedddd999
Full Member
Complete 7/16, on hold :/
I needed to hear this lolI was put on hold pre interview and am now matriculating. Do not fret!
D
deleted1040408
what does on hold mean? like you’re in line for an interview?Also on hold, completed 7/19
what does on hold mean? like you’re in line for an interview?
It means they reviewed your file and do not want to interview you at this time. They put the file back in the pile and re review it at a later date to decide if they want to interview you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get an email about this? Or did you find out when you checked the portal?Also on hold, completed 7/19
Complete 7/15. Just placed on hold.
D
deleted1040408
were you notified via email or portal directly?Complete 7/15. Just placed on hold.
I checked the portal.were you notified via email or portal directly?
D
deleted1040408
stats?I checked the portal.
Placed on hold, complete 7/15.
+1Placed on hold, complete 7/15.
ReallyNicepremed
Full Member
For those put on hold, do you mind sharing your stats?
For those put on hold, do you mind sharing your stats?
LM 73 with sGPA (76 w/overall)
annaleise9210
Full Member
On hold with a 77 LM
D
deleted1040408
did you get an email saying you were on hold?On hold with a 77 LM
annaleise9210
Full Member
did you get an email saying you were on hold?
Nope, just checked the portal
D
deleted1043308
Complete 07/15, no hold, still just complete
I checked the portalDid you get an email about this? Or did you find out when you checked the portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine was placed on hold at 3PM. Just checked again and it now says under review? Confused
QwertyLover123
Full Member
Complete 7/20 and still says "application complete" ...
Mine also has stayed on under review. Submitted 7/15.did anyone notice if they went from "under review" to "on hold" in the same day? or was it a few days after?? I've been on review the entire day and I keep refreshing pls make it stop. complete 7/14 btw
D
deleted1040408
when were you complete?Placed on hold today.
MoonQuail
Full Member
July 14th!when were you complete?
Just put on hold as well
Placed on hold, though i'm not sure when it changed because I just checked today. Completed 7/17 LM 76 (more stuff in signature)
D
deleted1040408
did you get an email? what made you check the portal?Placed on hold, though i'm not sure when it changed because I just checked today. Completed 7/17 LM 76 (more stuff in signature)
did you get an email? what made you check the portal?
Didn't get an email. Checked because I was reading SDN/Reddit and saw somewhere about people saying they got put on hold so I checked my portal just right now lol
1. Please provide the Admissions Committee with a brief summary of your activities, academics, employment or other occupations to account for full-time activity (approx. 30-40 hours/week) from the point of application through matriculation in 2021. (750 characters)
2. The MD Program includes substantial content in Clinical Public Health (population health, health systems science, health policy, and community health) to prepare GW graduates for an expanded scope of practice required to be successful 21st century physicians. What are your specific interests and experiences related to that aspect of the MD Program? (350 characters)
3. What is your most meaningful clinical experience to date, involving direct patient contact? (350 characters)
4. What makes you a unique individual? What challenges have you faced? How will these factors help you contribute to the diversity of the student body at GW? (1000 characters)
5. What is your specific interest in the MD Program at GW? What opportunities would you take advantage of as a student here? Why? (2000 characters)
EDIT: Character lengths don't include spaces
Just double checking: these are the 2020-21 prompts and there is NO COVID-19 prompt?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuremd25!
Full Member
correct, but I can assume that if you do need to address any impacts covid-19 has had on your activities you can do that in the first question (pretty sufficient character limit)Just double checking: these are the 2020-21 prompts and there is NO COVID-19 prompt?
Tacocalifornia
Full Member
anyone else unable to access the secondary portal?
D
deleted1055630
Better question is has anyone gotten an II or R? Seems like the majority are on hold
Better question is has anyone gotten an II or R? Seems like the majority are on hold
Pretty sure everyone is just on hold. I think they just started reviewing apps but havn't made any decisions yet because they want to start sending II's later. I'm thinking probably due to COVID delays on everything (MCAT, transcripts, verification, etc)
I've been under review for over a week, not on hold. Complete 7/13.Pretty sure everyone is just on hold. I think they just started reviewing apps but havn't made any decisions yet because they want to start sending II's later. I'm thinking probably due to COVID delays on everything (MCAT, transcripts, verification, etc)