2020-2021 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, they got back to me. Movement is much slower than it usually is but it is still moving (albeit slowly)!
I got the same email

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone who did not receive the "likely" email receive an acceptance?

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone apply ED this past cycle? Looking into it now and I would like some answers if possible.

Just got accepted this morning! There's still hope y'all :) I received the likely email at the end of April and sent a letter of intent in last weekend. Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Alright how many are left that received the email and didn't get in yet

I still love GW and am going reapply when I am ready but damn 🥲 If GW is planning to only accept kids who received the likely email, I wish they could start rejecting others already

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also got the A yesterday! received the likely email in April and sent a LOI afterwards. It is slow but WL movement is still happening, best of luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 5 users
Has any accepted students received further correspondence on how/where to send our official transcripts?

Has any accepted students received further correspondence on how/where to send our official transcripts?
Yeah I'm actually about to email Dean McQuail about that right now! B/c I got the email that said we should wait before sending official transcripts, but I want to send ASAP before the July 1st deadline. Will lyk what she says

Yeah I'm actually about to email Dean McQuail about that right now! B/c I got the email that said we should wait before sending official transcripts, but I want to send ASAP before the July 1st deadline. Will lyk what she says
Agreed. Can you send me a private message when she responds? Thanks!

I sent both of mine electronically to the medadmit email as per their directions. I received a confirmation of receipt from the senders, but not GW. I plan on sending them an email asking for confirmation soon.

Given that the waitlist is moving so slowly and people that received the “likely” email are first up for spots, that likely means the rest of us are done for the cycle right?

Reactions: 1 users
Given that the waitlist is moving so slowly and people that received the “likely” email are first up for spots, that likely means the rest of us are done for the cycle right?

I'd say that's a reasonable assessment, but also a hard pill to swallow. I gave up after I didn't get the email and have just been prioritizing re-app.

Yeah that’s where I’m at too. What sucks (and is my fault) is that I held out hope for too long and didn’t pay attention to the fact that my August 2018 MCAT leaves me ineligible for half my state schools and half of the rest. Taking it July 30th so I can apply late AGAIN. Can I get an F please :)

• Care
Anyone get recent updates on waitlist movement? Have a CTE deadline Friday and just want to make sure GW is off the table before I CTE. Thanks!

Anyone get recent updates on waitlist movement? Have a CTE deadline Friday and just want to make sure GW is off the table before I CTE. Thanks!
Maybe you could send them an email and let them know your situation?

Hi! Can I ask a specific question to someone who has been accepted/matriculated?

I was offered a seat this morning. So beyond relieved! I did receive the “likely” email a few weeks back. Excited to see some of y’all in August 🎉

Reactions: 9 users
I also got in today! I’m so speechless… my third time applying and I finally got in. There’s still hope everyone ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I also got in today! I’m so speechless… my third time applying and I finally got in. There’s still hope everyone ❤️
Congrats! Did you receive the likely to be accepted email that was sent previously?

Has anyone received the likely email and not receive A yet? I wonder if GW has finished sending As to those who received the likely email…

Just got an email saying that WL movement has slowed but that there might still be some movement. The alternate pool is not closing. Also that the status check portal will not be available for us starting tonight.

Just got an email saying that WL movement has slowed but that there might still be some movement. The alternate pool is not closing. Also that the status check portal will not be available for us starting tonight.
I received the same email earlier this morning! It states that we are still remain active under consideration. There is still hope! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

• Care
I received the same email earlier this morning! It states that we are still remain active under consideration. There is still hope! Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Did everyone get this email? I got it but assumed everyone still in their alternate pool also got it?

If there is anyone who could give their insights on GWU’s environment in terms of collegiality of students and also the professors, and the scholarship opportunities, and the clinical rotations, I am really in need of hearing about your experience as an insider 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

If there is anyone who could give their insights on GWU’s environment in terms of collegiality of students and also the professors, and the scholarship opportunities, and the clinical rotations, I am really in need of hearing about your experience as an insider 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Based on my conversations with a current M4 at GWU, the environment is super collaborative. It's Pass/Fail grading so that really facilitates a collaborative environment rather than the cutthroat environment that was pre-med life. This student told me that the professors are great & she loves her rotations as well. There's a ton of opportunities for extracurriculars, service, and research. And from my experiences with visiting GW as an incoming M1, the area is super nice and it's really great to be in the city, as you'll be able to treat a diverse patient population. There are also a ton of scholarship opportunities, found here: Scholarships | The Office of Financial Aid.

Based on my conversations with a current M4 at GWU, the environment is super collaborative. It's Pass/Fail grading so that really facilitates a collaborative environment rather than the cutthroat environment that was pre-med life. This student told me that the professors are great & she loves her rotations as well. There's a ton of opportunities for extracurriculars, service, and research. And from my experiences with visiting GW as an incoming M1, the area is super nice and it's really great to be in the city, as you'll be able to treat a diverse patient population. There are also a ton of scholarship opportunities, found here: Scholarships | The Office of Financial Aid.
Thank you so much for your response. This is really helpful. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 If you don’t mind me asking, how were you able to reach out to the M4 student? I would really love to be able to talk to some upper class students as you did. I just didn’t know where I could reach them this late in the cycle. Would you minds sharing me about it?

MS2 here. Feel free to PM me.

Has anyone heard anything? I also can't tell if the CTE deadline is July 7th or July 17th based on this thread... can we expect any movement around then? I've already dropped my app in for next cycle, but would love to avoid reapplying and retaking the MCAT (my score will expire) if I were to get in...

Hey! I'm writing my secondary essays for GW class 2022. Is there anyone who got in or got waitlisted who would be willing to look over my essays? I really would love to go to this school (517 mcat, 3.92 gpa, ORM). If you are willing to share your acceptance letters, I'm happy to pay

Hey! I'm writing my secondary essays for GW class 2022. Is there anyone who got in or got waitlisted who would be willing to look over my essays? I really would love to go to this school (517 mcat, 3.92 gpa, ORM). If you are willing to share your acceptance letters, I'm happy to pay
PM me!

PM me!