-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 George Washington
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes, they got back to me. Movement is much slower than it usually is but it is still moving (albeit slowly)!
Wait just to confirm, you guys got a reply from GW right? Or was it a random informational email?I got the same email
aspiring_doc_98
Full Member
Yes, I got a reply from Dean McQuail!Wait just to confirm, you guys got a reply from GW right? Or was it a random informational email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aha thank you! I thought they mass sent an email and excluded me hahahaYes, I got a reply from Dean McQuail!
aspiring_doc_98
Full Member
No problem! You're good dw 🙂Aha thank you! I thought they mass sent an email and excluded me hahaha
Did anyone apply ED this past cycle? Looking into it now and I would like some answers if possible.
boanddid21
New Member
Has anyone gotten in this week
aspiring_doc_98
Full Member
Just got accepted this morning! There's still hope y'all 🙂 I received the likely email at the end of April and sent a letter of intent in last weekend. Good luck everyone!
Curious about this as well.has anyone who did not receive the "likely" email receive an acceptance?
I still love GW and am going reapply when I am ready but damn 🥲 If GW is planning to only accept kids who received the likely email, I wish they could start rejecting others already
I know of 3 (myself included) I can’t imagine there would be a ton more.Alright how many are left that received the email and didn't get in yet
knowledgeyearner
New Member
Has anyone who did not receive the "likely" email been granted acceptance from the alternate list?
r22g
New Member
+1I know of 3 (myself included) I can’t imagine there would be a ton more.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
talk2thehand
Full Member
I also got the A yesterday! received the likely email in April and sent a LOI afterwards. It is slow but WL movement is still happening, best of luck to everyone 🙂
aspiring_doc_98
Full Member
Congrats and welcome to GW!! Hope to see you in August!I also got the A yesterday! received the likely email in April and sent a LOI afterwards. It is slow but WL movement is still happening, best of luck to everyone 🙂
aspiring_doc_98
Full Member
Yeah I'm actually about to email Dean McQuail about that right now! B/c I got the email that said we should wait before sending official transcripts, but I want to send ASAP before the July 1st deadline. Will lyk what she saysHas any accepted students received further correspondence on how/where to send our official transcripts?
Agreed. Can you send me a private message when she responds? Thanks!Yeah I'm actually about to email Dean McQuail about that right now! B/c I got the email that said we should wait before sending official transcripts, but I want to send ASAP before the July 1st deadline. Will lyk what she says
aspiring_doc_98
Full Member
Will do!Agreed. Can you send me a private message when she responds? Thanks!
KanyeTwitty
Full Member
Has any accepted students received further correspondence on how/where to send our official transcripts?
I sent both of mine electronically to the medadmit email as per their directions. I received a confirmation of receipt from the senders, but not GW. I plan on sending them an email asking for confirmation soon.
Given that the waitlist is moving so slowly and people that received the “likely” email are first up for spots, that likely means the rest of us are done for the cycle right?
dramanaut9518
Full Member
Given that the waitlist is moving so slowly and people that received the “likely” email are first up for spots, that likely means the rest of us are done for the cycle right?
I'd say that's a reasonable assessment, but also a hard pill to swallow. I gave up after I didn't get the email and have just been prioritizing re-app.
Yeah that’s where I’m at too. What sucks (and is my fault) is that I held out hope for too long and didn’t pay attention to the fact that my August 2018 MCAT leaves me ineligible for half my state schools and half of the rest. Taking it July 30th so I can apply late AGAIN. Can I get an F please 🙂
WhatDoYouKnow
Full Member
Anyone get recent updates on waitlist movement? Have a CTE deadline Friday and just want to make sure GW is off the table before I CTE. Thanks!
r22g
New Member
Maybe you could send them an email and let them know your situation?Anyone get recent updates on waitlist movement? Have a CTE deadline Friday and just want to make sure GW is off the table before I CTE. Thanks!
Did you get the “likely” email?Anyone get recent updates on waitlist movement? Have a CTE deadline Friday and just want to make sure GW is off the table before I CTE. Thanks!
WhatDoYouKnow
Full Member
I did not :/Did you get the “likely” email?
siloaddict
Full Member
Hi! Can I ask a specific question to someone who has been accepted/matriculated?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was offered a seat this morning. So beyond relieved! I did receive the “likely” email a few weeks back. Excited to see some of y’all in August 🎉
Sure, you can PM me.Hi! Can I ask a specific question to someone who has been accepted/matriculated?
Congrats! Did you receive the likely to be accepted email that was sent previously?I also got in today! I’m so speechless… my third time applying and I finally got in. There’s still hope everyone ❤️
r22g
New Member
Yes I did!Congrats! Did you receive the likely to be accepted email that was sent previously?
Has anyone received the likely email and not receive A yet? I wonder if GW has finished sending As to those who received the likely email…
I received the same email earlier this morning! It states that we are still remain active under consideration. There is still hope! Let's keep our fingers crossed.Just got an email saying that WL movement has slowed but that there might still be some movement. The alternate pool is not closing. Also that the status check portal will not be available for us starting tonight.
Did everyone get this email? I got it but assumed everyone still in their alternate pool also got it?I received the same email earlier this morning! It states that we are still remain active under consideration. There is still hope! Let's keep our fingers crossed.
I think this is accruate---I'm still in their alternate pool and received the email as well.Did everyone get this email? I got it but assumed everyone still in their alternate pool also got it?
123456789.
New Member
If there is anyone who could give their insights on GWU’s environment in terms of collegiality of students and also the professors, and the scholarship opportunities, and the clinical rotations, I am really in need of hearing about your experience as an insider 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
aspiring_doc_98
Full Member
Based on my conversations with a current M4 at GWU, the environment is super collaborative. It's Pass/Fail grading so that really facilitates a collaborative environment rather than the cutthroat environment that was pre-med life. This student told me that the professors are great & she loves her rotations as well. There's a ton of opportunities for extracurriculars, service, and research. And from my experiences with visiting GW as an incoming M1, the area is super nice and it's really great to be in the city, as you'll be able to treat a diverse patient population. There are also a ton of scholarship opportunities, found here: Scholarships | The Office of Financial Aid.If there is anyone who could give their insights on GWU’s environment in terms of collegiality of students and also the professors, and the scholarship opportunities, and the clinical rotations, I am really in need of hearing about your experience as an insider 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
123456789.
New Member
Thank you so much for your response. This is really helpful. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 If you don’t mind me asking, how were you able to reach out to the M4 student? I would really love to be able to talk to some upper class students as you did. I just didn’t know where I could reach them this late in the cycle. Would you minds sharing me about it?Based on my conversations with a current M4 at GWU, the environment is super collaborative. It's Pass/Fail grading so that really facilitates a collaborative environment rather than the cutthroat environment that was pre-med life. This student told me that the professors are great & she loves her rotations as well. There's a ton of opportunities for extracurriculars, service, and research. And from my experiences with visiting GW as an incoming M1, the area is super nice and it's really great to be in the city, as you'll be able to treat a diverse patient population. There are also a ton of scholarship opportunities, found here: Scholarships | The Office of Financial Aid.
MS2 here. Feel free to PM me.If there is anyone who could give their insights on GWU’s environment in terms of collegiality of students and also the professors, and the scholarship opportunities, and the clinical rotations, I am really in need of hearing about your experience as an insider 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Has anyone heard anything? I also can't tell if the CTE deadline is July 7th or July 17th based on this thread... can we expect any movement around then? I've already dropped my app in for next cycle, but would love to avoid reapplying and retaking the MCAT (my score will expire) if I were to get in...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
coolbeans0405
Full Member
is it too late to get off the waitlist?
Hey! I'm writing my secondary essays for GW class 2022. Is there anyone who got in or got waitlisted who would be willing to look over my essays? I really would love to go to this school (517 mcat, 3.92 gpa, ORM). If you are willing to share your acceptance letters, I'm happy to pay
I'm sure there's always exceptions, but orientation starts in 1.5 weeks so barring someone dropping out last minute, I think the class is filled upis it too late to get off the waitlist?
r22g
New Member
PM me!Hey! I'm writing my secondary essays for GW class 2022. Is there anyone who got in or got waitlisted who would be willing to look over my essays? I really would love to go to this school (517 mcat, 3.92 gpa, ORM). If you are willing to share your acceptance letters, I'm happy to pay
PM me!Hey! I'm writing my secondary essays for GW class 2022. Is there anyone who got in or got waitlisted who would be willing to look over my essays? I really would love to go to this school (517 mcat, 3.92 gpa, ORM). If you are willing to share your acceptance letters, I'm happy to pay