-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 George Washington
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1If anyone who did not receive the “likely to be accepted” email does get off the waitlist pls lmk so I can have a glimmer of hope😬
For what it's worth, the chair of the admissions committee does not have clinic Tuesday mornings, Wednesdays, or Thursdays. I don't know his in-patient schedule though. But I'm guessing they meet one of those times. As you can tell, I'm getting a little tense too, but we're all struggling together haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Disappointed with how quiet this thread has been after Apr. 30th. Definitely not the opening of the floodgates I was expecting after how much movement there was from the Apr. 15th wave. My guess is that they're using another week to deliberate amongst the committee for the next wave of movement. Maybe next week is when the floodgates open? Interesting that some people who got "the email" weren't actually accepted yet.
To those who got the "likely to be accepted email" -- whether you've been accepted yet or not -- when did you interview with GW? Interested if the WL acceptances are still skewing heavily to the later interview months.
To those who got the "likely to be accepted email" -- whether you've been accepted yet or not -- when did you interview with GW? Interested if the WL acceptances are still skewing heavily to the later interview months.
Based on what I can gather cause some adcoms have mutual patients with me, the committee meets Wednesdays and/or Thursdays. So my guess is more movement will happen tomorrow or Friday. They may not have met yet since April 30th. Also keep in mind that GW has most movement after May 15th typically. Keep the hope up!Disappointed with how quiet this thread has been after Apr. 30th. Definitely not the opening of the floodgates I was expecting after how much movement there was from the Apr. 15th wave. My guess is that they're using another week to deliberate amongst the committee for the next wave of movement. Maybe next week is when the floodgates open? Interesting that some people who got "the email" weren't actually accepted yet.
To those who got the "likely to be accepted email" -- whether you've been accepted yet or not -- when did you interview with GW? Interested if the WL acceptances are still skewing heavily to the later interview months.
Yep! Definitely do this if GW is your first choice and you have other As!are we supposed to tell GW of deadlines of commit to enroll of other schools we’ve been accepted to ?
Planning on letting GW know since i have a commit to enroll deadline June 1.. not sure how much time I should give them though. Maybe a two week heads up?Yep! Definitely do this if GW is your first choice and you have other As!
Interviewed 1/29, accepted on Monday. I also feel that many in the later interview dates have been accepted recently. I think one theory is that a lot of early interviewers have great stats and have gotten in elsewhere so they didn’t even bother sending in a letter of continued interest when GW asked for one in March, whereas later Interviewers who tends to have lower stats (I know not always) continued to show interest and sending in LOIs and updates.Disappointed with how quiet this thread has been after Apr. 30th. Definitely not the opening of the floodgates I was expecting after how much movement there was from the Apr. 15th wave. My guess is that they're using another week to deliberate amongst the committee for the next wave of movement. Maybe next week is when the floodgates open? Interesting that some people who got "the email" weren't actually accepted yet.
To those who got the "likely to be accepted email" -- whether you've been accepted yet or not -- when did you interview with GW? Interested if the WL acceptances are still skewing heavily to the later interview months.
It also might be that they waitlisted late interviewees who wouldve gotten accepted if they interviewed earlier, due to lack of spots to offer. Either way congratulatuons, I hope GWU sends me the magical letter soon 😉Interviewed 1/29, accepted on Monday. I also feel that many in the later interview dates have been accepted recently. I think one theory is that a lot of early interviewers have great stats and have gotten in elsewhere so they didn’t even bother sending in a letter of continued interest when GW asked for one in March, whereas later Interviewers who tends to have lower stats (I know not always) continued to show interest and sending in LOIs and updates.
Yes! This too👍🏼 Good luck I’m rooting for ya hope to see u in August 🔥🔥It also might be that they waitlisted late interviewees who wouldve gotten accepted if they interviewed earlier, due to lack of spots to offer. Either way congratulatuons, I hope GWU sends me the magical letter soon 😉
Withdrew from the alternate list, good luck everyone!
Fingers crossed for us waitlisters tomorrow!
Do we know if they offered As to everyone who received the likely to be accepted email?
/ did they offer As to anyone who didn't get that email?
Just nervously trying to gauge 🙂
/ did they offer As to anyone who didn't get that email?
Just nervously trying to gauge 🙂
I was offered an acceptance at another medical school last week (which I'm more than fortunate to have received), but GW is my top choice. I want to convey that to GW. Do you guys think its better to email directly or upload it to the portal? I remember something at the WL info session about it, but can't remember.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Upload in portal. They made it pretty clear that they want any sort of LOI via portal, so emailing them may annoy them I assumeI was offered an acceptance at another medical school last week (which I'm more than fortunate to have received), but GW is my top choice. I want to convey that to GW. Do you guys think its better to email directly or upload it to the portal? I remember something at the WL info session about it, but can't remember.
I received the email but not an acceptance yet. I know of one other person on sdn in the same positionDo we know if they offered As to everyone who received the likely to be accepted email?
/ did they offer As to anyone who didn't get that email?
Just nervously trying to gauge 🙂
FierySerpent
Full Member
I finally got my first A at another school but GW is still my first choice. I’ll wait to hear back this month. If nothing, I’ll commit to that school. I’m grateful that I get to become a doctor.
sohishah06
Full Member
To whoever withdrew their spot from the waitlist, did you receive any confirmation after emailing them? If yes.. how long did it take them to reply?
What is going on...where is the waitlist movement that was promised?!?
At this point, I have nothing to lose. I will be emailing the admissions either today or tomorrow and I will update you guys
Lol this cycle has been such a **** show. "Schools will be more understanding because of COVID" ... LIES. "There will be tons of waitlist movement because of COVID" ... MORE LIES!!!What is going on...where is the waitlist movement that was promised?!?
hello everyone, update: the director of admissions says that "alternate pool is open and active. we expect the majority of movement to happen throughout may."
Really appreciate you taking one for the team and reaching out. This — while vague — definitely keeps hope alive!hello everyone, update: the director of admissions says that "alternate pool is open and active. we expect the majority of movement to happen throughout may."
no problem! to give you guys more context, I asked whether anything has changed (ex. alternate list movement) since this cycle has been super different, and the director said everything is still the same at GW, the movement will happen in mayReally appreciate you taking one for the team and reaching out. This — while vague — definitely keeps hope alive!
I think someone said the committee meets on Wednesday and Thursdays? Maybe we will get some movement on Friday then. I hope 😅
has anyone heard anything from them today??
Nothing on my end. Didn’t receive the email either so probably low priority for them 😟
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FierySerpent
Full Member
This was my first choice and I wish they responded to me sooner, but I'll be committing elsewhere on Monday and withdrawing from the waitlist here. Maybe I'll get a chance for residency in the future. I'm just glad I got accepted this cycle and I never have to take the MCAT again. Congratulations to everyone with acceptances and pending acceptances. I wish everyone goodluck ❤❤❤. Never give up 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾
And so another week begins..
If I have a highly time sensitive update should I use the portal or email admissions directly? Any advice
I think GW rly wants all updates uploaded on the portal, but if your update is extremely time sensitive, I’d email them and ask about it. They should respond within a dayIf I have a highly time sensitive update should I use the portal or email admissions directly? Any advice
Thank you!I think GW rly wants all updates uploaded on the portal, but if your update is extremely time sensitive, I’d email them and ask about it. They should respond within a day
Sounds like a good sign. Rooting for you and everyone else on the alt list! Hope we can hear back sometime this week *fingers crossed*Update for those who are also suffering on the WL: received a "are you still interested" email today, after getting the initial email saying I might get an offer after 4/30.
I HOPE THEY SHOW INTEREST TO PPL WHO DID NOT RECEIVE THE LIKELY LETTER 🥲🥲🥲🥲💕💕🥲
aspiring_doc_98
Full Member
Same here lol hopefully we will see some movement this week!I AM LOSING MY MIND, how has there been NO movement? What is happening! I think I'm up to panic attack number 1000 at this point
Got my ion you
New Member
I was just accepted into a graduate program here at GW. It's an online one-year Certificate in Clinical and Translational Research with the option of completing the second year to earn a full Masters in Clinical and Translational Research. I'm on the waitlist at GW and my state school. I don't know what my next steps are and I feel lost. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate the discourse. I've already started my 2022 application for Medical School - just in case ya know.
Also, hang in there you lovely people. You're not alone!
Also, hang in there you lovely people. You're not alone!
I am in such a similar position its crazy. Please give us advice!I was just accepted into a graduate program here at GW. It's an online one-year Certificate in Clinical and Translational Research with the option of completing the second year to earn a full Masters in Clinical and Translational Research. I'm on the waitlist at GW and my state school. I don't know what my next steps are and I feel lost. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate the discourse. I've already started my 2022 application for Medical School - just in case ya know.
Also, hang in there you lovely people. You're not alone!
Another day of no news...sigh 🥲
It's probably "full" at this moment, but GW probably expects some movement once CTE date approaches. Also, Gtown already sent out an email to WL applicants saying that their class is most likely full and the school does not expect much movement from now on. So we are in better position, but not very idealDo you think most of the class is already full? And the only waitlist movement left is just 1-2 spots depending on who commits/ doesn't?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When is GWs CTE date?It's probably "full" at this moment, but GW probably expects some movement once CTE date approaches. Also, Gtown already sent out an email to WL applicants saying that their class is most likely full and the school does not expect much movement from now on. So we are in better position, but not very ideal
JungusFungus
New Member
So I actually just completed the GW GCATS program and am on the WL. I did the one year option. The program is pretty good, feel free to message me if you have any specific questions about it. But I'm also gearing up to apply for the next cycle as well - hopefully GW lets people know about WL movement prior to May 27th so those thinking of reapplying can potentially save some $$$.I was just accepted into a graduate program here at GW. It's an online one-year Certificate in Clinical and Translational Research with the option of completing the second year to earn a full Masters in Clinical and Translational Research. I'm on the waitlist at GW and my state school. I don't know what my next steps are and I feel lost. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate the discourse. I've already started my 2022 application for Medical School - just in case ya know.
Also, hang in there you lovely people. You're not alone!
No clue! I think our accepted friends may know more about thisWhen is GWs CTE date?
During the WL info session, they mentioned that their CTE deadline is the required CTE deadline.No clue! I think our accepted friends may know more about this
Edit: July 14th per another poster's research
Last edited:
21 days before orientationWhen is GWs CTE date?