-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Illinois
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
sredna4
Full Member
^of course COVID, but campus assignment compared to other years seems extra lateHas anyone heard anything about campus assignments recently?
Has anyone heard anything about campus assignments recently?
Hasn’t been a peep and I check my portal daily. It’s frustrating because I want to start looking at things like travel and housing and the longer they delay the campus assignments the harder it becomes to find the housing you want etc and we can’t really plan any of this until we know 😕.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shungshung
New Member
Are they still doing interviews for instate applications? Haven’t heard anything.
medthings12
New Member
Are there any acting stations in the MMI?
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
I don't know if it's standardized, but there definitely weren't any for meAre there any acting stations in the MMI?
superintroduction
Full Member
anyone know how long the interviews go out till?
they said middle of feb unfortunatley. I still wish best of luck to u guysanyone know how long the interviews go out till?
Who said that? Website says till March and secondary deadline is February 25th?they said middle of feb unfortunatley. I still wish best of luck to u guys
medstudent100000
Full Member
Could you link where you found that information?Who said that? Website says till March and secondary deadline is February 25th?
I don't know for sure, but usually schools post when the final interview dates/when interviews are conducted through, not when they stop sending out invites. In theory, if they interview through March and send them out way in advance they could be done sending them out in Feb. Again, I don't know, just wanted to comment on the distinctionWho said that? Website says till March and secondary deadline is February 25th?
you also may be right. Maybe when she said 3rd week of feb, that's when uic stops sending IIs not conducting them. But from what I recall they made it seem in presentation that they want to just finish all the interviews by end of febI don't know for sure, but usually schools post when the final interview dates/when interviews are conducted through, not when they stop sending out invites. In theory, if they interview through March and send them out way in advance they could be done sending them out in Feb. Again, I don't know, just wanted to comment on the distinction
Dr Amiri said in my interview group that they expect to finish interviewing students by the 3rd week of Februrary.
Do you remember when she said students who interviewed would hear back by?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Polyxena2020
Full Member
Has anyone heard back for interviews for GMED or UMED after submitting by the extended deadline?
II this morning! OOS, the interview dates available were this week. the portal says chicago
Last edited:
ice cheems
Full Member
+1, I'm so thrilled! Surprised the interview dates are only this week though YIKES. That's not a lot of time to prepare... also does this mean they aren't requiring VITA for us? Or will I be expected to do it later? Edit: Right after I confirmed my interview date it says "We require that you complete the VITA before your interview with us." VITA interview invites only come on Thursdays right? AaaahII this morning! OOS, the interview dates available were this week. the portal says chicago
congrats! we got this! I already have my VITA done but im guessing if it only comes on Thursday as long as you do it asap when you get the invite you should be good to go! Maybe you could email them to check in?+1, I'm so thrilled! Surprised the interview dates are only this week though YIKES. That's not a lot of time to prepare... also does this mean they aren't requiring VITA for us? Or will I be expected to do it later? Edit: Right after I confirmed my interview date it says "We require that you complete the VITA before your interview with us." VITA interview invites only come on Thursdays right? Aaaah
ice cheems
Full Member
Thank you, I might email them to confirm! If the VITA invite gets sent correctly it shouldn't be an issue for me to complete it, but just in case...congrats! we got this! I already have my VITA done but im guessing if it only comes on Thursday as long as you do it asap when you get the invite you should be good to go! Maybe you could email them to check in?
I would assume (you know what they say about assuming though) that they just tell you to do the VITA after the interview. If I were in your shoes, I'd spend the next couple of days reading up on the school specifics, practicing MMIs, and just being comfortable with stuff to talk about for the faculty interview. Congrats though!Thank you, I might email them to confirm! If the VITA invite gets sent correctly it shouldn't be an issue for me to complete it, but just in case...
SlamShark
Full Member
I was in a similar position with VITA -- interview invite on a Friday and then interview on Wednesday. I didn't get my VITA invite until the Thursday after my interview. I did it Thursday AM and got accepted to UICOM, so you should be ok if you do it as soon as possible after you get the invite. Good luck!+1, I'm so thrilled! Surprised the interview dates are only this week though YIKES. That's not a lot of time to prepare... also does this mean they aren't requiring VITA for us? Or will I be expected to do it later? Edit: Right after I confirmed my interview date it says "We require that you complete the VITA before your interview with us." VITA interview invites only come on Thursdays right? Aaaah
I was in a similar situation. I ended up doing my VITA interview 5 days after my interview and I was accepted. They are pretty flexible and told me to just complete within two weeks of my interview. Good luck! 🙂+1, I'm so thrilled! Surprised the interview dates are only this week though YIKES. That's not a lot of time to prepare... also does this mean they aren't requiring VITA for us? Or will I be expected to do it later? Edit: Right after I confirmed my interview date it says "We require that you complete the VITA before your interview with us." VITA interview invites only come on Thursdays right? Aaaah
ice cheems
Full Member
Yep, I spoke with them on the phone today and that's what they said! Thank you!I was in a similar situation. I ended up doing my VITA interview 5 days after my interview and I was accepted. They are pretty flexible and told me to just complete within two weeks of my interview. Good luck! 🙂
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Has anyone received financial aid information from UIC yet/could we even have received it this early?
Black_Taurean
Full Member
Nope, they haven't sent any financial info out yet. I emailed financial aid and they said they aren't releasing until I think end of March at the earliestHas anyone received financial aid information from UIC yet/could we even have received it this early?
middleofwest
Full Member
Really thought I had a shot here as an IS applicant. Never heard from them this cycle after my update letter. Good luck to everyone!
Same. LM 70 complete 9/26 ORM. Hbu?Really thought I had a shot here as an IS applicant. Never heard from them this cycle after my update letter. Good luck to everyone!
ice cheems
Full Member
soooo I'm pretty nervous about this interview tomorrow 😨 3 days is not a lot of time to prepare when you're a full-time student with two part-time jobs... also, neither of my other interviews utilized MMI so I'm brand new to that too, and I had not prepped for MMI at all because at this point I was accepting defeat for this cycle lol. any tips or encouragement you guys can give me would be very welcome!
Try not to to stress too much! Honestly they were the nicest group of interviewers. I had never done MMI either, and it actually turned out to be kind of fun. Just take some deep breaths, be yourself, and you’ll do great!soooo I'm pretty nervous about this interview tomorrow 😨 3 days is not a lot of time to prepare when you're a full-time student with two part-time jobs... also, neither of my other interviews utilized MMI so I'm brand new to that too, and I had not prepped for MMI at all because at this point I was accepting defeat for this cycle lol. any tips or encouragement you guys can give me would be very welcome!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ice cheems
Full Member
Wow, fun? That sounds great! Thank you so much, this is extremely reassuringTry not to to stress too much! Honestly they were the nicest group of interviewers. I had never done MMI either, and it actually turned out to be kind of fun. Just take some deep breaths, be yourself, and you’ll do great!
are they not sending out II invites anymore?Really thought I had a shot here as an IS applicant. Never heard from them this cycle after my update letter. Good luck to everyone!
Is your FASFA marked as received on the portal? I submitted mine over a month ago and still says not received.Has anyone received financial aid information from UIC yet/could we even have received it this early?
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
It was the interview I enjoyed the most! This was also my first MMI, which I thought flowed very nicely. If a room or a conversation goes bad, just remember that you get a fresh start with the next person/room. You got this, good luck!soooo I'm pretty nervous about this interview tomorrow 😨 3 days is not a lot of time to prepare when you're a full-time student with two part-time jobs... also, neither of my other interviews utilized MMI so I'm brand new to that too, and I had not prepped for MMI at all because at this point I was accepting defeat for this cycle lol. any tips or encouragement you guys can give me would be very welcome!
Polyxena2020
Full Member
I emailed financial aid and they replied:Is your FASFA marked as received on the portal? I submitted mine over a month ago and still says not received.
“You won't be able to view your FAFSA on the AMP system. As long as you have a Student Aid Report confirmation with our school listed on there, you are good to go. Please do not resubmit it.”
Just do it man. What do you have to lose? Copy and paste change school name.Anyone have luck with sending pre-II updates?
Does anyone know how the VITA is considered for UICOM? I legit forgot to wear interview clothes and freshen up (opened interview on accident) for my VITA so I'm hoping not much.
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Supposedly they only look at it if you’re a borderline candidate or something.Does anyone know how the VITA is considered for UICOM? I legit forgot to wear interview clothes and freshen up (opened interview on accident) for my VITA so I'm hoping not much.
I'm high stats low ECs so I'm hoping they don't call borderline on me.Supposedly they only look at it if you’re a borderline candidate or something.
Worried All the time
Full Member
Are IIs done? I uploaded an update letter a few days agoReally thought I had a shot here as an IS applicant. Never heard from them this cycle after my update letter. Good luck to everyone!
I'm emailed admissions last week, and they let me know that interview season "runs through February."Are IIs done? I uploaded an update letter a few days ago
Worried All the time
Full Member
I just got off the phone with them. They said IIs will be going during March. I don't know if that means requests or the actual interviewI'm emailed admissions last week, and they let me know that interview season "runs through February."
I just got off the phone with them. They said IIs will be going during March. I don't know if that means requests or the actual interview
Aaaaaaaaah why is no one getting a consistent response? T_T
ice cheems
Full Member
Most likely both! FWIW I received an interview invite this past Monday and interviewed on Thursday. From this it seems like they're sending out IIs very close to the interview dates, so there is hope!I just got off the phone with them. They said IIs will be going during March. I don't know if that means requests or the actual interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Anyone interview back in October and still not get a decision?
shungshung
New Member
Should I send an update letter, instate no interview request, good scores? Med adviser says don’t contact schools? Getting worried
ice cheems
Full Member
If you have anything of substance to update them on, like new experiences or publications, then go for it. But if you're just going to write a letter of interest, personally I'd say don't. They already know you're interested by the fact that you applied.Should I send an update letter, instate no interview request, good scores? Med adviser says don’t contact schools? Getting worried
Did you send any LOI?Anyone interview back in October and still not get a decision?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
I sent an update/interest letter a while backDid you send any LOI?