-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Illinois
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Delayed decision since October!
4:42 ESTMay I know when did you get the email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they send you an email every month?Delayed decision since October!
I'm really anxious about my VITA now no good news from schools that use it.
For people that aee delayed decision, when are we allowed to ask for feedback?
ice cheems
Full Member
no clue 😔 I know nothing about delayed decision other than that it basically means UICOM don’t want me... or at least they don’t want me bad enough to accept me at the momentFor people that aee delayed decision, when are we allowed to ask for feedback?
Dang. How did you feel the interview went?no clue 😔 I know nothing about delayed decision other than that it basically means UICOM don’t want me... or at least they don’t want me bad enough to accept me at the moment
WaterChicken
Full Member
I’ve been on delayed decision since last month, interviewed in December. I felt the interview went really well.
No news today so far. 😔
International applicant though.
No news today so far. 😔
International applicant though.
Did they delayed decision all international applicants? I'm also an international applicant.I’ve been on delayed decision since last month, interviewed in December. I felt the interview went really well.
No news today so far. 😔
International applicant though.
I have been put on the delayed list since October.
Delayed since December. Also an international applicant.Did they delayed decision all international applicants? I'm also an international applicant.
I have been put on the delayed list since October.
WaterChicken
Full Member
I wish I could tell you.Did they delayed decision all international applicants? I'm also an international applicant.
I have been put on the delayed list since October.
I’ve been told we may be put in a separate pool after a domestic quota is reached.
Who knows though.
Did you email admissions? Seems like people who email get an answer lolCongrats to those accepted today! I just got my campus placement of Chicago!
canadian773
New Member
I am also international, delayed decision since JanuaryI’ve been on delayed decision since last month, interviewed in December. I felt the interview went really well.
No news today so far. 😔
International applicant though.
ice cheems
Full Member
I felt like it went very well except for one station where I wasn’t super confident, but I didn’t think that would make or break my app 🙁Dang. How did you feel the interview went?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm wondering has any international student get an acceptance yet?
There has been and at least one international student said they’ve gotten campus placement earlier in the thread
WaterChicken
Full Member
I looked through but didn’t see any.There has been and at least one international student said they’ve gotten campus placement earlier in the thread
I definitely skimmed though.
I’m an international student and I got an acceptance in December. I’m not sure about a different pool, but I hope this helps! I hope all of you get an acceptance soon!I'm wondering has any international student get an acceptance yet?
WaterChicken
Full Member
Any chance you’re willing to share your stats and when you interviewed?I’m an international student and I got an acceptance in December. I’m not sure about a different pool, but I hope this helps! I hope all of you get an acceptance soon!
Sure, my LM is 73 and I interviewed in November. I got a delayed decision that month, sent a letter of interest, and got accepted in December.Any chance you’re willing to share your stats and when you interviewed?
WaterChicken
Full Member
Thanks a lot, I sent a letter of interest after my interview and a new LOR but no news, I guess.Sure, my LM is 73 and I interviewed in November. I got a delayed decision that month, sent a letter of interest, and got accepted in December.
LizzyM - 72
Yeah there's a facebook page. One of the Adcom members will add you probably sometime within the next week. Not too much activity in there right now. For now, go celebrate and enjoy!Does anyone know if there is an admitted students FB group/ groupme or something like that? Just got admitted today
No problem, I'm rooting for you and I hope you get that A soon!Thanks a lot, I sent a letter of interest after my interview and a new LOR but no news, I guess.
LizzyM - 72
Does anyone know when the delayed decision people get put onto the waitlist?
I emailed and asked. Dr. Amiri said that the waitlist process begins at the end of April.Does anyone know when the delayed decision people get put onto the waitlist?
Worried All the time
Full Member
I know this has been asked but are there still IIs going out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lovethatjourney4me
Full Member
I really wouldn't assume that! That's how I felt too, but I read someone on the thread say that they use delayed decision because they're not able to accept everyone at once. People do get off of it, DD is not a rejection!no clue 😔 I know nothing about delayed decision other than that it basically means UICOM don’t want me... or at least they don’t want me bad enough to accept me at the moment
Agreed, it's also very possible that they didn't get to your application in their acceptance decisions meeting this past Thursday.I really wouldn't assume that! That's how I felt too, but I read someone on the thread say that they use delayed decision because they're not able to accept everyone at once. People do get off of it, DD is not a rejection!
WaterChicken
Full Member
I really wouldn't assume that! That's how I felt too, but I read someone on the thread say that they use delayed decision because they're not able to accept everyone at once. People do get off of it, DD is not a rejection!
I thrive off of this kind of positivity.Agreed, it's also very possible that they didn't get to your application in their acceptance decisions meeting this past Thursday.
Stay strong, my delayed decision folk.
We will get through this.
doctortall2017
Full Member
I have the same blank message as well.For those that were accepted recently, do you have a site assignment tab in the portal under admissions decision? When I click on it there's a message from Admissions saying that my campus assignment has been determined as ____, but doesn't state which one.
I was curious as to whether this meant we have been placed or if it's just some automatically generated message.I have the same blank message as well.
Does anyone know what the post-II deferred decision WL movement is like here?
It seemed autogenerated to me, but I also only put in my site preferences after getting the official offer letter so I'm not sure.I was curious as to whether this meant we have been placed or if it's just some automatically generated message.
Pieceofmindthegap
Full Member
For people that interviewed, was there any discussion of how many interview days are left? Or how many students were interviewed so far??
I believe they hinted at us (week of 2/8ers) being among the last but nothing too specific. I do believe them telling us that our app would go through 3 reviews (including the one that just happened) before transferring to the waitlist.For people that interviewed, was there any discussion of how many interview days are left? Or how many students were interviewed so far??
I was curious as to whether this meant we have been placed or if it's just some automatically generated message.
For anyone that got the A yesterday, when should we expect site assignment?
After I was accepted in November, my portal auto generated that immediately. It will stay blank until they upload your placement.
I just received my placement yesterday (after emailing them). Someone else received an email saying there will likely be a lot of placements going out in roughly 2 weeks, but I don’t know if that will include the newest batch of acceptances.
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
For those emailing about campus placements, have you been having luck getting your first choice?After I was accepted in November, my portal auto generated that immediately. It will stay blank until they upload your placement.
I just received my placement yesterday (after emailing them). Someone else received an email saying there will likely be a lot of placements going out in roughly 2 weeks, but I don’t know if that will include the newest batch of acceptances.
Excellent. Thanks for the heads up.After I was accepted in November, my portal auto generated that immediately. It will stay blank until they upload your placement.
I just received my placement yesterday (after emailing them). Someone else received an email saying there will likely be a lot of placements going out in roughly 2 weeks, but I don’t know if that will include the newest batch of acceptances.
I did!For those emailing about campus placements, have you been having luck getting your first choice?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So the dean said that they consider candidates without regard to state, but I also noticed that the post interview acceptance rate is much higher for IS than OOS. Is residency a significant factor in admission here?
So the dean said that they consider candidates without regard to state, but I also noticed that the post interview acceptance rate is much higher for IS than OOS. Is residency a significant factor in admission here?
Yes. It’s a state school with invested interest in training doctors for the state of Illinois. Also many OOS applicants or foreign applicants will turn down an acceptance here because it’s twice the cost in tuition if you don’t have Illinois residence so if students have other acceptances that are cheaper many will take it.
RealWisconsinCheese
Full Member
Anyone interview very early and still not get a site assignment?
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
Yes, I’m still waiting. Got accepted Oct. 16th. I’ll give them some time as someone mentioned they’ll be working on campus assignments for the next two weeks and then email them if I still don’t hear back.Anyone interview very early and still not get a site assignment?
edit: I did apply to a scholarly concentration (GMED) so I don’t know if that’s playing a role in the delay? Has anyone heard back about interviews for these or has had their placement even applying to a scholarly concentration?
Last edited: