2020-2021 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve been on delayed decision since last month, interviewed in December. I felt the interview went really well.

No news today so far. 😔

International applicant though.
 
I’ve been on delayed decision since last month, interviewed in December. I felt the interview went really well.

No news today so far. 😔

International applicant though.
Did they delayed decision all international applicants? I'm also an international applicant.
I have been put on the delayed list since October.
 
Did they delayed decision all international applicants? I'm also an international applicant.
I have been put on the delayed list since October.
I wish I could tell you.

I’ve been told we may be put in a separate pool after a domestic quota is reached.

Who knows though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like I got why I didn't hear back my decision...
Maybe we internationals are in another pool and will be called after?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no clue 😔 I know nothing about delayed decision other than that it basically means UICOM don’t want me... or at least they don’t want me bad enough to accept me at the moment
I really wouldn't assume that! That's how I felt too, but I read someone on the thread say that they use delayed decision because they're not able to accept everyone at once. People do get off of it, DD is not a rejection!
 
I really wouldn't assume that! That's how I felt too, but I read someone on the thread say that they use delayed decision because they're not able to accept everyone at once. People do get off of it, DD is not a rejection!
Agreed, it's also very possible that they didn't get to your application in their acceptance decisions meeting this past Thursday.
 
I really wouldn't assume that! That's how I felt too, but I read someone on the thread say that they use delayed decision because they're not able to accept everyone at once. People do get off of it, DD is not a rejection!

Agreed, it's also very possible that they didn't get to your application in their acceptance decisions meeting this past Thursday.
I thrive off of this kind of positivity.

Stay strong, my delayed decision folk.
We will get through this.
 
For people that interviewed, was there any discussion of how many interview days are left? Or how many students were interviewed so far??
I believe they hinted at us (week of 2/8ers) being among the last but nothing too specific. I do believe them telling us that our app would go through 3 reviews (including the one that just happened) before transferring to the waitlist.
 
I was curious as to whether this meant we have been placed or if it's just some automatically generated message.
For anyone that got the A yesterday, when should we expect site assignment?

After I was accepted in November, my portal auto generated that immediately. It will stay blank until they upload your placement.

I just received my placement yesterday (after emailing them). Someone else received an email saying there will likely be a lot of placements going out in roughly 2 weeks, but I don’t know if that will include the newest batch of acceptances.
 
After I was accepted in November, my portal auto generated that immediately. It will stay blank until they upload your placement.

I just received my placement yesterday (after emailing them). Someone else received an email saying there will likely be a lot of placements going out in roughly 2 weeks, but I don’t know if that will include the newest batch of acceptances.
For those emailing about campus placements, have you been having luck getting your first choice?
 
After I was accepted in November, my portal auto generated that immediately. It will stay blank until they upload your placement.

I just received my placement yesterday (after emailing them). Someone else received an email saying there will likely be a lot of placements going out in roughly 2 weeks, but I don’t know if that will include the newest batch of acceptances.
Excellent. Thanks for the heads up.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So the dean said that they consider candidates without regard to state, but I also noticed that the post interview acceptance rate is much higher for IS than OOS. Is residency a significant factor in admission here?
 
So the dean said that they consider candidates without regard to state, but I also noticed that the post interview acceptance rate is much higher for IS than OOS. Is residency a significant factor in admission here?

Yes. It’s a state school with invested interest in training doctors for the state of Illinois. Also many OOS applicants or foreign applicants will turn down an acceptance here because it’s twice the cost in tuition if you don’t have Illinois residence so if students have other acceptances that are cheaper many will take it.
 
For accepted students, how long was it between when you submitted your transcripts and then the portal showed your prerequisites complete?
 
Anyone interview very early and still not get a site assignment?
Yes, I’m still waiting. Got accepted Oct. 16th. I’ll give them some time as someone mentioned they’ll be working on campus assignments for the next two weeks and then email them if I still don’t hear back.

edit: I did apply to a scholarly concentration (GMED) so I don’t know if that’s playing a role in the delay? Has anyone heard back about interviews for these or has had their placement even applying to a scholarly concentration?
 
Last edited: