-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Illinois
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Have you tried logging into your portal (not the application portal, but the UIC one)? Mine was uploaded, and I never received notification. The financial aid office said there are still scholarships to be awarded though, so your aid could change!Does anyone know when Financial aid stuff comes out?👀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctortall2017
Full Member
Have you tried logging into your portal (not the application portal, but the UIC one)? Mine was uploaded, and I never received notification. The financial aid office said there are still scholarships to be awarded though, so your aid could change!
How to access that portal after receiving your UIC credentials?
How to access that portal after receiving your UIC credentials?
Login here with your NetID. Then look for the financial aid tab.
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Do we need to apply via a separate application process for scholarships, or are those given automatically? Also do we need to have selected PTE already to have received Financial Aid/Scholarship information?Have you tried logging into your portal (not the application portal, but the UIC one)? Mine was uploaded, and I never received notification. The financial aid office said there are still scholarships to be awarded though, so your aid could change!
Last edited:
Those are awarded based on merit and need I think. No separate application - just submit your FAFSA and they’ll decide if they want to award additional financial aidDo we need to apply via a separate application process for scholarships, or are those given automatically?
Anyone else not receive netid/login information yet?
Automatically awarded. I haven’t selected any schools for PTE yet but got my financial aid.Do we need to apply via a separate application process for scholarships, or are those given automatically? Also do we need to have selected PTE already to have received Financial Aid/Scholarship information?
+1Anyone else not receive netid/login information yet?
southside24
Full Member
I clicked the financial aid tab and it says they have received my FAFSA and "displaying until 2021" but nothing after that. I'm assuming that means I didn't get any financial aid? Was it pretty obvious for those who did?
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
Honestly, it was kind of hard for me to find it. So go to the NetID website, log in, and under the "Student" tab you will see financial aid status menu. Click on it and accept whatever terms it says. I then clicked on "Financial Aid notification" and then 2021-2022 aid year. It should give you what loans you've been offered. This is my first time doing this so please correct me if I'm wrongI clicked the financial aid tab and it says they have received my FAFSA and "displaying until 2021" but nothing after that. I'm assuming that means I didn't get any financial aid? Was it pretty obvious for those who did?
adding: my financial aid notification displays "out-of-state" even though I am in-state. I do think it's still correct because it adds up to the listed in-state fees. And it shows me on the left column about my site assignment. Is this what other people are seeing too?
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
So maybe I'm wrong about this but it looks like in state tuition is ~35,000 dollars including the required fees. That extra 20,000 or whatever with boarding and personal expenses/transportation is just for us to take care of, as in that's not for UIC Med right?
Yeah that isn't money that you owe the school, but it is factored into the amount they offer in terms of loans.So maybe I'm wrong about this but it looks like in state tuition is ~35,000 dollars including the required fees. That extra 20,000 or whatever with boarding and personal expenses/transportation is just for us to take care of, as in that's not for UIC Med right?
SlamShark
Full Member
Me. Not sure what to do.Anyone else not receive netid/login information yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
So maybe I'm wrong about this but it looks like in state tuition is ~35,000 dollars including the required fees. That extra 20,000 or whatever with boarding and personal expenses/transportation is just for us to take care of, as in that's not for UIC Med right?
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure tuition is higher than that because of the summer semester they don't factor into that.
Per the estimated cost of attendance for tuition and mandatory fees ONLY the in-state cost for M1 year is $51,582.I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure tuition is higher than that because of the summer semester they don't factor into that.
Edit: OOS is $84,759.
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Have any grants/scholarships gone out? Or is what I see on my FA notification currently final?
lovethatjourney4me
Full Member
Would also like to know this! My financial aid award was all loans, and I'm wondering if this is it.Have any grants/scholarships gone out? Or is what I see on my FA notification currently final?
where can i find financial aid information?
If you've gotten your NetiD login email. Go to my.uic.edu, login and on the left there's a tab that says 'Financial Aid status menu.' Once there there should be an option for things like 'Financial Aid notification' which shows loans and one that says 'college financing' which includes scholarships.
How long after being accepted did you get your netid info?If you've gotten your NetiD login email. Go to my.uic.edu, login and on the left there's a tab that says 'Financial Aid status menu.' Once there there should be an option for things like 'Financial Aid notification' which shows loans and one that says 'college financing' which includes scholarships.
How long after being accepted did you get your netid info?
About a month
thanks!About a month
PaladinX
Full Member
I was told that you get that information after you receive campus placement. But also, I got campus placement last week and still havnt heard yetI got accepted in November but I still haven’t gotten my UIN?
I got my campus placement feb 19thI was told that you get that information after you receive campus placement. But also, I got campus placement last week and still havnt heard yet
I was told that you get that information after you receive campus placement. But also, I got campus placement last week and still havnt heard yet
I got my campus placement feb 19th
I got my campus placement on the 18th and got my UIN activation email on the 21st. Weird that I got mine so quick
sredna4
Full Member
I received my financial aid package (federal loans) in the UIC portal about 1.5 weeks ago. I did email the financial aid office at the end of February and ended up getting my UIN from Dr. Amiri. I was able to set up my Net ID from there. If you have been accepted and haven't received your financial aid and/or university identifier, I think it's reasonable that you reach out to admissions and financial aid offices to at least get a timeline.
Also, if you have a university log in, you also have a UIC gmail. I talked with some M3s and they didn't even realize they had a university email until orientation, but important information was sent to them over the summer. Sounds like you need to talk with other students and advocate for yourself to get things done sometimes
Also, if you have a university log in, you also have a UIC gmail. I talked with some M3s and they didn't even realize they had a university email until orientation, but important information was sent to them over the summer. Sounds like you need to talk with other students and advocate for yourself to get things done sometimes
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Any current UIC Med students willing to discuss their experiences and answer questions via PM? Really trying to gain an honest perspective on y’all’s experiences.
I received my financial aid package (federal loans) in the UIC portal about 1.5 weeks ago. I did email the financial aid office at the end of February and ended up getting my UIN from Dr. Amiri. I was able to set up my Net ID from there. If you have been accepted and haven't received your financial aid and/or university identifier, I think it's reasonable that you reach out to admissions and financial aid offices to at least get a timeline.
Also, if you have a university log in, you also have a UIC gmail. I talked with some M3s and they didn't even realize they had a university email until orientation, but important information was sent to them over the summer. Sounds like you need to talk with other students and advocate for yourself to get things done sometimes
Does your portal show that your FAFSA is completed? My loans show up in the MyUIC thing but on my application portal it says my FAFSA is incomplete.
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
SameDoes your portal show that your FAFSA is completed? My loans show up in the MyUIC thing but on my application portal it says my FAFSA is incomplete.
I emailed the financial aid office like a week ago and no response lolSame
ice cheems
Full Member
Have you guys tried accessing Self-Service yet? Self-Service - APPS (uillinois.edu) Not entirely sure if it's applicable to the med school but that's how I access my FinAid stuff for universityDoes your portal show that your FAFSA is completed? My loans show up in the MyUIC thing but on my application portal it says my FAFSA is incomplete.
buffalo bill
Full Member
I was just offered an interview for the GMED program. Does anyone know what is covered in these interviews?
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
How did they contact you?I was just offered an interview for the GMED program. Does anyone know what is covered in these interviews?
sredna4
Full Member
It says my FAFSA requirement was satisfied as of October 28th on the myUIC portal. Not sure where to look on the application portal to see my FAFSADoes your portal show that your FAFSA is completed? My loans show up in the MyUIC thing but on my application portal it says my FAFSA is incomplete.
WaterChicken
Full Member
Any chance do you know if we need to submit anything additional for that or do we auto-qualify when we enrol?I read on an email that they are sending scholarships out in Mid May. So I'm guessing you have to commit in order to know if you'll qualify for scholarships :3
Under the Pre-Matriculation tab there's like checks on stuff you need to completeIt says my FAFSA requirement was satisfied as of October 28th on the myUIC portal. Not sure where to look on the application portal to see my FAFSA
I emailed the financial aid office like a week ago and no response lol
Same
Finally received a response. If your FAFSA loans show up in the myUIC page then you should be good even if it doesn't say it on the AMP portal.
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
You have to commit to enroll to hear about/receive scholarships?I read on an email that they are sending scholarships out in Mid May. So I'm guessing you have to commit in order to know if you'll qualify for scholarships :3
YesI was wondering, is there a required summer semester at UICOM?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think so. I was only offered loans initially, but then got a scholarship offer last week via email. I haven't PTE'd anywhere yetYou have to commit to enroll to hear about/receive scholarships?
ice cheems
Full Member
PSA on the Choose Your Medical School Tool: "Plan to Enroll" vs "Commit to Enroll," Strategies, and Misconceptions : premed (reddit.com)After April 30th can we only hold one acceptance or do we have to narrow it down to three? Still waiting on a few things to fully commit to a school. I know the commit to enroll is binding, but that isn’t until July 1st.
See section III in the linked post above. Sounds like you have to withdraw all but one acceptance after April 30th. However, you should not choose Commit to Enroll at that time if you still want to get off other waitlists or have any other doubts about matriculating.
Thank you!PSA on the Choose Your Medical School Tool: "Plan to Enroll" vs "Commit to Enroll," Strategies, and Misconceptions : premed (reddit.com)
See section III in the linked post above. Sounds like you have to withdraw all but one acceptance after April 30th. However, you should not choose Commit to Enroll at that time if you still want to get off other waitlists or have any other doubts about matriculating.
Dr Amiri told me UIC allows up to three PTE all the way up to CTE on July 1st. You would have to check with the other schools’ policies, though. I will be holding two PTE until I hopefully get re-assigned to the Chicago campus so I can attend UIC. Otherwise I will have to attend my other acceptance because I cannot relocate.Thank you!