2020-2021 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For financial aid, do we receive an email notification about updates sometime this month?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m staring at the amount of money I’m pulling out for medical school and it hits you hard cause I’m already thinking of how I won’t be able to start paying anything back for like 8 years 😅.

People asking about financial aid stuff you can see it now in the netID portal that they emailed out to you.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I’m staring at the amount of money I’m pulling out for medical school and it hits you hard cause I’m already thinking of how I won’t be able to start paying anything back for like 8 years 😅.

People asking about financial aid stuff you can see it now in the netID portal that they emailed out to you.
How long ago did you get an email about netID? I haven't gotten anything referencing netID or log in credentials form UIC or even gotten my campus placement lol. Are you able to find in your log in credentials looking through the email history in the portal (the communication history tab)?

Reactions: 1 users
How long ago did you get an email about netID? I haven't gotten anything referencing netID or log in credentials form UIC or even gotten my campus placement lol. Are you able to find in your log in credentials looking through the email history in the portal (the communication history tab)?
+1

Reactions: 1 user

I got it on March 7th. It gave me my UIN number which is ironically the same student number I had when I was at Urbana Champaign so many years ago and showed me how to activate my portal.

I got it on March 7th. It gave me my UIN number which is ironically the same student number I had when I was at Urbana Champaign so many years ago and showed me how to activate my portal.
I also got mine, but on March 12th. It sounds like they're slowly sending this information out. I set up my password but still can't log onto my applicant portal. Were you able to do it right away?

I also got mine, but on March 12th. It sounds like they're slowly sending this information out. I set up my password but still can't log onto my applicant portal. Were you able to do it right away?

I set up the password when I was on vacation so I didn’t try to log in for a couple of days later tbh. Then I couldn’t figure out the link to it so I googled UIC school of medicine netID and that got me to the login page which worked.

Unless you were ever arrested or had to appear in court, I don’t believe it counts as a misdemeanor or felony and shouldn’t appear on a background check.
They want all traffic tickets reported, criminal or noncriminal. I just called admissions

Anyone else STILL waiting for placement?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got placed in Peoria and I’m pretty upset about it to be honest. Im from only big cities and out of state, and was really excited about the opportunities in Chicago. Anyone have advice as to how to make the best of this?

• Sad
  • Care
Has anyone received any scholarships?
I emailed the financial aid office with a few different questions including one about scholarships. They said, “All scholarships are awarded to first-year students from the College Committee on awards and scholarships through the Office of Admissions. Scholarship notices have been going out as the committee makes approvals. As of today, we have received all notices that the committee has released. Admissions have informed us that the committee will still be making an additional offer over the next few months.”

So it sounds like they have awarded some scholarships, but there’s more to come.

I emailed the financial aid office with a few different questions including one about scholarships. They said, “All scholarships are awarded to first-year students from the College Committee on awards and scholarships through the Office of Admissions. Scholarship notices have been going out as the committee makes approvals. As of today, we have received all notices that the committee has released. Admissions have informed us that the committee will still be making an additional offer over the next few months.”

So it sounds like they have awarded some scholarships, but there’s more to come.
thank you for emailing them! this is super useful to know

Got my top choice placement today!! Interviewed 2/3, A on 2/19.

Yes. I sent mine back in November though

Were you accepted at the time you did it? I updated mine mid February to add UIC once I was accepted and its still not complete. Wondering if I should email them

Were you accepted at the time you did it? I updated mine mid February to add UIC once I was accepted and its still not complete. Wondering if I should email them
I was accepted 11/21, and my UIC portal says the FAFSA requirement was satisfied as of 11/30. I think I updated the FAFSA the same day I was accepted. So maybe email them? They may be behind right now though. Not sure!

There should be a google spreadsheet posted in the facebook group in the near future that will allow people to find other m1s/and beyond that want roommates
Wait I want to be added to this group. I was accepted December 17th
Does anyone have the transcripts from their universities marked as complete in their portal? I sent them back in december but I still cant see a change.
What service did you use to mail your transcripts? My alma mater uses a third party now and I haven’t figured out how to get the transcripts sent to the med school address bc it’s not available via this third party 😩

Yesterday was the last committee meeting right? So we should hear something today? I was delayed decision 2 months ago

• Care
Yesterday was the last committee meeting right? So we should hear something today? I was delayed decision 2 months ago
Delayed decision for 5 months. Hope today everyone hears back.

• Care

I wouldn’t give up hope even if you don’t hear anything. The school doesn’t know how many of its accepted students will commit to enroll once the April 30th deadline comes around so there may be a lot of movement after that deadline as people take or drop the acceptance for other schools.

• Care
If I applied to GMED and haven't heard anything, but then got placed in Rockford, does this mean an automatic rejection for the program? I emailed them, but I want to see if anyone heard anything about this.

If I applied to GMED and haven't heard anything, but then got placed in Rockford, does this mean an automatic rejection for the program? I emailed them, but I want to see if anyone heard anything about this.
My understanding is no. You will be considered separately for GMED, and if selected to join, be switched to Chicago campus

A!!! I was deferred in January, and sent a letter of interest last week (LM 72, IS)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
A!!! today at around 4pm. Late Feb interview. IS LM 70ish

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
A!
DD in January.
International (Canadian).

If there are any groups etc...I could join to get more information about logistics, etc...I’d really appreciate it.

A little overwhelmed. 😅

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
anyone know what the chances are of getting off the delayed decision status list? I interviewed back in 12/18 and uploaded 2 update letters, 2 updated current class transcripts, and 2 letters of intent/interest (whatever its called). Haven't heard from them since being delayed decision on 1/22. Should I email Dr. Amiri or something? Help......

Wait I want to be added to this group. I was accepted December 17th

What service did you use to mail your transcripts? My alma mater uses a third party now and I haven’t figured out how to get the transcripts sent to the med school address bc it’s not available via this third party 😩

Here's a link! Nhóm Facebook

Delayed decision in October. Seems like nothing yet. International student.

Same here. Delayed decision since October. International student.

Yo kind of random but can any M1s/M2s discuss what it’s like being a UIC med student - the good, bad and everything in between. How stressful is it/what’s work life balance like, and how’s the grading I guess? If you could compare UIC med to undergrad, what are similarities/differences etc? Really want to know like an honest perspective on your experiences.

Reactions: 4 users
I was hoping that some A's would be given out today, since I've seen people hear back on Saturdays, but I guess it's not happening this week.
Does anyone know if decisions will be sent out in April as well? Or are the delayed decision people virtually on the waitlist now?

I was hoping that some A's would be given out today, since I've seen people hear back on Saturdays, but I guess it's not happening this week.
Does anyone know if decisions will be sent out in April as well? Or are the delayed decision people virtually on the waitlist now?
I'm pretty sure they will send out some acceptances in April and anyone who doesn't get one by then will be put on the waitlist.