-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Illinois
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
admissions is meeting again tomorrow. If you can get it in tonight, I would definitely try. did you receive an A already? I thought second look was only for accepted studentsIs it too late to send update/interest letters to UICOM? I know I just missed the second look, but I have some really recent developments I'd like to share with them.
No I thought the deferred decision reviews were also called second look my bad.admissions is meeting again tomorrow. If you can get it in tonight, I would definitely try. did you receive an A already? I thought second look was only for accepted students
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Hey guys, random question! With regards to PTE for UIC, we don't need to do anything by tomorrow correct? And if so, does UIC know who has PTE'd or not by April 15th, or is that the April 30th deadline?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
When will delayed decision folks find out a final decision? Been on that thing since October.
AAMC just sent out an email mentioning this, but:Hey guys, random question! With regards to PTE for UIC, we don't need to do anything by tomorrow correct? And if so, does UIC know who has PTE'd or not by April 15th, or is that the April 30th deadline?
"Medical schools will begin to see applicant-specific information about each applicant’s Choose Your Medical School status for any applicant holding a current acceptance or alternate list position at the respective school." The email says this is beginning April 30th.
From what I understand, deadline to PTE at UICOM is April 30th, and they won't know which individuals PTE until then. And then CTE is July 1st. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think AAMC traffic rules just suggest that you hold no more than 3A's after today (Apr 15th). Hope this helps!
Does anyone have any updates on the scholarly concentration programs? Last email I got from them regarding it was at the beginning of March that said they were reaching out to applicants mid-March for early-April interviews. Early April has come and gone and I've heard nothing since submitting.
Withdrew my A, good luck everyone!
buffalo bill
Full Member
Withdrawing my A. Got bad vibes from their GMED program, despite the acceptance. Good luck.
If you don’t mind, could you elaborate a little bit? Best of luck wherever you end up!Withdrawing my A. Got bad vibes from their GMED program, despite the acceptance. Good luck.
buffalo bill
Full Member
It seems like institutional support is lacking for the program, and it is not as robust as I initially thought it was. Global health is why I'm pursuing medicine, so I desired a program with a dynamite GH program, and I feel GMED is not quite what it is sold as.If you don’t mind, could you elaborate a little bit? Best of luck wherever you end up!
Last edited:
yogigirl1997
Full Member
I reached out and asked, they are still reviewing applications. Should hear back within a couple weeksDoes anyone have any updates on the scholarly concentration programs? Last email I got from them regarding it was at the beginning of March that said they were reaching out to applicants mid-March for early-April interviews. Early April has come and gone and I've heard nothing since submitting.
ice cheems
Full Member
nothing today 🙁 do they meet again next month, or is it pretty much only waitlist movement from here on out?
Maybe you’ll hear something tomorrow! I was accepted on a Saturday.nothing today 🙁 do they meet again next month, or is it pretty much only waitlist movement from here on out?
The waitlist is created after 4/30. I don’t think they meet again, but I also don’t know how the waitlist works at this school. Anyone else have insight? Is it ranked or do they review everyone again?
just to be clear, we have until July 1st to CTE? so the CTE option *opens* on AMCAS on April 30th, but the deadline for UICOM is July 1st?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AegonTargeryen
Full Member
Has anyone here gotten any scholarships? And if so ,for how much?
Correct. You can only hold one acceptance after April 30th, but you can be on a waitlist. I think loljust to be clear, we have until July 1st to CTE? so the CTE option *opens* on AMCAS on April 30th, but the deadline for UICOM is July 1st?
lovethatjourney4me
Full Member
I think they said we'd hear back in May.Has anyone heard back from UMED yet/know when we will hear back?
kmscott528
New Member
At my UMED interview, they said we should hear back by end of April, but they weren't sure of an exact date.
when did you interview?At my UMED interview, they said we should hear back by end of April, but they weren't sure of an exact date.
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Just got an email; being put from delayed decision to official WL.
ice cheems
Full Member
+1 😔Just got an email; being put from delayed decision to official WL.
+1+1 😔
+1 🙁
kmscott528
New Member
I interviewed on 04/14when did you interview?
ice cheems
Full Member
I checked out last cycle’s thread and waitlist movement looked real quiet if not downright nonexistent 😞did everyone from deferred decision get waitlist or did some get rejected? Also does anyone know the typical movement off the waitlist at this school?
Thank you!!!
I saw that as well 🙁 though I do want to point out that last year ppl received their WL notifications in May which would be after the April 30th deadline. This year they told us right after the April 15th so hopefully we can get some movement this year :/ though I’m already preparing for a reappI checked out last cycle’s thread and waitlist movement looked real quiet if not downright nonexistent 😞
Dumb question here, but are we supposed to respond to the waitlist email? I know we're supposed to let them know if we're not interested anymore, but if we're still interested then just don't say anything? I was just wondering what the courtesy was. Should I respond with a "Thank you" or something to confirm I read and understand or just leave it and wait to hear back.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ugh anyone else anxious that they don’t know their position on the waitlist?
I am also wondering about this as wellDumb question here, but are we supposed to respond to the waitlist email? I know we're supposed to let them know if we're not interested anymore, but if we're still interested then just don't say anything? I was just wondering what the courtesy was. Should I respond with a "Thank you" or something to confirm I read and understand or just leave it and wait to hear back.
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
In my email it says "You will be advanced from delayed decision to our formal waitlist." Nothing needs to be done unless you'd like to be removed from the WLDumb question here, but are we supposed to respond to the waitlist email? I know we're supposed to let them know if we're not interested anymore, but if we're still interested then just don't say anything? I was just wondering what the courtesy was. Should I respond with a "Thank you" or something to confirm I read and understand or just leave it and wait to hear back.
Anyone have any updates regarding campus tours? They mentioned at second look that they were starting them but I haven't heard anything since lol. Is there a sign-up list somewhere?
They sent a link with sign ups awhile ago
Do a lot of people who want the Chicago campus not end up getting it here? What happens to people on the waitlists, do they get put in whatever is open or do they still have a shot at Chicago?
Someone during my interview said 80-90% of students choose Chicago as their #1 campus preference while the Chicago campus can only hold about 60% of the total students accepted.
Mind sharing it? I never got it. Or at least could you tell me who the sender was so I can reach out to them for the link?They sent a link with sign ups awhile ago
Check out the 2018-2019 SDN illinois forum: 2018-2019 University of IllinoisDo a lot of people who want the Chicago campus not end up getting it here? What happens to people on the waitlists, do they get put in whatever is open or do they still have a shot at Chicago?
Although nobody posted getting off the WL last year, 2018-2019 had a lot of people coming off the WL. It looks like they take people off as spots open up at the respective campuses. They were also filling up the scholarly concentration programs.
its from their main email [email protected]. There's still a ton of openings (at least for the Chicago campus) so I would just email them asking for a link to sign upAnyone have any updates regarding campus tours? They mentioned at second look that they were starting them but I haven't heard anything since lol. Is there a sign-up list somewhere?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Does anyone know what will happen if we do not narrow our choices down to 1 school, once it is April 30th?
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
You will automatically be withdrawn from every school by Admissions.Does anyone know what will happen if we do not narrow our choices down to 1 school, once it is April 30th?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Had to fact check this because that sounded quite extreme. Maybe it's school specific, but I called the AAMC and they said narrowing down to one school by 4/30 is recommended but not required. Called a couple of the schools and they said they are more concerned with their CTE deadlines more than anything.You will automatically be withdrawn from every school by Admissions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
July 1st.When is the last commit to enroll date
As PTE deadline is this week, I would imagine they have given out all their initial scholarship offerings at this point. There is still the chance that people turn them down and thus they offer them to other applicants. One can only hope lolHas anyone heard anything about scholarships? At Second Look, I think Dean Amiri said they'd be going out until the end of the month, but that's very soon... wondering if they've already given all of the scholarships out :/
IAintNeverSeen2Pretty...
Full Member
Declined my spot at Rockford today. Good luck to all!
southside24
Full Member
Ayyy accepted to UMed! Super pumped about this program.
kmscott528
New Member
Just got accepted to UMed as well!!