2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1° - primary
2° - secondary
II - Interview invite
IA - Interviews attended (this can also mean institutional action, so context is important)
A - Acceptances
R - Rejections
WL - Wait list
Apparently II is not common for interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
App was complete on 7/18, 514 mcat and 3.7ish sGPA haven't heard anything yet :(( really hoping an II comes thru

Reactions: 1 user
I got a LECOM-B interveiw like last week. Do you think there is any chance of getting an interview for Erie as well? Also what is APAP?

Accelerated Physician Assistant Program. It's a 3 year accelerated PA to DO program.

No one who’s received an II from Elmira has done a zoom session yet. But for the interview I’d say to just prepare for questions about who you are and why medicine. Also wouldn’t hurt to know a little bit of ethics stuff.

Reactions: 1 users
I had an interview a week ago at Seton Hill when I go to my portal it still says congrats you've been selected for an interview. Idk if I should contact them about that

I had an interview a week ago at Seton Hill when I go to my portal it still says congrats you've been selected for an interview. Idk if I should contact them about that
have you done the zoom session yet? If not, they wont check it off until you do.

Does anybody know if LECOM is flexible about LOR requirements? I have one science professor letter (my grad advisor who I do research with), one DO letter, and one letter from my boss (I’m in clinical research). I had a second science professor who was supposed to write a letter for me back in May but he hasn’t done it yet and he takes weeks to respond to emails.

I’ve already had my interview and I’m getting worried that he’s not going to get my letter done by the time they start making decisions. Do you think I should email them and ask if they can substitute the DO or boss letter for the second science letter?

I’ve tried contacting other science professors but nobody has responded yet. We’ve been off campus since March because of COVID and it’s hard to get anyone to respond to emails, and I can’t go to their offices and bug them like I usually would.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if LECOM is flexible about LOR requirements? I have one science professor letter (my grad advisor who I do research with), one DO letter, and one letter from my boss (I’m in clinical research). I had a second science professor who was supposed to write a letter for me back in May but he hasn’t done it yet and he takes weeks to respond to emails.

I’ve already had my interview and I’m getting worried that he’s not going to get my letter done by the time they start making decisions. Do you think I should email them and ask if they can substitute the DO or boss letter for the second science letter?

I’ve tried contacting other science professors but nobody has responded yet. We’ve been off campus since March because of COVID and it’s hard to get anyone to respond to emails, and I can’t go to their offices and bug them like I usually would.
I would email them im 31 and out of school and was only able to get 1 but they said it was fine given my situation.

I would email them im 31 and out of school and was only able to get 1 but they said it was fine given my situation.

Thanks. I’m also a non-trad (34, go team old folks!) but I’m in grad school so I thought getting letters wouldn’t be difficult, then COVID happened and all my professors are super busy and stressed and hard to get in touch with.

I think I’ll email them in the morning.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys know if the Zoom meeting time is EST or PST?

I got my II today and was wondering if choosing a later date (9/4 as opposed to 8/28 - one week later) will hurt my chances?

Does anyone have any advice for interviewing at LECOM Erie campus? I feel like I’m a weak interviewer and want to make a good impression, and think it may be harder when I’m not talking to a real person.

I got my II today and was wondering if choosing a later date (9/4 as opposed to 8/28 - one week later) will hurt my chances?

I don’t think it will. I think they’ll likely consider everyone from several interview sessions when they’re making their decisions.

Does anyone have any advice for interviewing at LECOM Erie campus? I feel like I’m a weak interviewer and want to make a good impression, and think it may be harder when I’m not talking to a real person.
Prep normal interview questions, such as "Why Medicine?" and "Tell me about yourself," as well as some ethical situations. It was terribly awkward and felt much more difficult than a "normal" online interview. I'm hoping that since it was awkward for everyone, maybe they won't take it into account as much? I'm sure you'll do well!

Prep normal interview questions, such as "Why Medicine?" and "Tell me about yourself," as well as some ethical situations. It was terribly awkward and felt much more difficult than a "normal" online interview. I'm hoping that since it was awkward for everyone, maybe they won't take it into account as much? I'm sure you'll do well!
It was so awkward for me for the Bradenton one. I’ve heard mostly everyone thought it sucked so we’ll see.

Received an II from LECOM-Erie yesterday via email! Complete on 7/12

Reactions: 2 users
So many people have gotten interviews....still waiting anxiously for my II.... completed on 06/17.....:(

Reactions: 7 users
So many people have gotten interviews....still waiting anxiously for my II.... completed on 06/17.....:(
What was your number 1 choice if u dont mind me asking. I know Seton Hill sent a wave of IIs yesterday

Can someone please explain the thing with opting for an earlier decision (sept 30) as opposed to hearing back later (nov)?

Can someone please explain the thing with opting for an earlier decision (sept 30) as opposed to hearing back later (nov)?
If you opt for early decision they will let you know on or before sept. 30. Otherwise you will not hear the decision until Nov. 14th. They will review your app and make a decision (acceptance, waitlist, etc.) regardless of what you pick. Basically its meant to save you money since you have to put a $1500 deposit within 30 days of an acceptance. Deferred decision lets you have a chance to interview elsewhere and hear back before putting money down.

I did my interview for lecom Bradenton but I haven’t received the email about the zoom information session yet. Was it supposed to be auto sent?

I did my interview for lecom Bradenton but I haven’t received the email about the zoom information session yet. Was it supposed to be auto sent?
Did you register for a zoom session on the portal? They won’t send you and email until a week before the session.

My folder for my Brandenton just opened up yesterday for the required items. Is this a good indication that I am about to receive an interview invite from them or am I getting excited over here for no reason? Thank you.

For those that received II, how long was it after you submitted your secondaries did you receive the II?

For those that received II, how long was it after you submitted your secondaries did you receive the II?
Primary Submission: 7/9/20
Secondary Reception: 7/13/20
Secondary Submission: 7/13/20
Interview Reception: 7/28/20

I got an email telling me to register for the mandatory zoom session. I went to my lecom portal and thats where they had the dates to sign up. Maybe you can check your portal if you did not get an email.

My folder for my Brandenton just opened up yesterday for the required items. Is this a good indication that I am about to receive an interview invite from them or am I getting excited over here for no reason? Thank you.

Yay you're a folder person now! Erie and B might be doing different things admissions-status-wise... have you taken a gander through the B thread recently lol?

Can anyone who has done the group information session video give an overview of how it is conducted? Do you introduce yourself and give a fun fact? Are there any opportunities to ask questions? Are you being evaluated for how you conduct yourself and ask questions? How many people are in the session for August 7? Do we just go to Zoom and enter the 10 digit number they gave us to sign in 10 minutes before the appointment? What is appropriate attire for females?

Anybody who can give any information on the group information session would be appreciated!!!!

I got an email telling me to register for the mandatory zoom session. I went to my lecom portal and thats where they had the dates to sign up. Maybe you can check your portal if you did not get an email.
Ah okay i didnt know that’s what that was for. When was the first available date for you guys? Mine is late in August

Primary: 6/12
Secondary received and submitted: 6/16
II: 6/26
Information session/interview completed: 7/9

I would guess that the times likely get longer as the application season goes on, since they have more and more applications to consider, but I don’t know that for sure.