2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long after the Information session do they send out the pathway selection form? It's due tomorrow at 8 but I still haven't received an email :/

Members don't see this ad.

How long after the Information session do they send out the pathway selection form? It's due tomorrow at 8 but I still haven't received an email :/

It’s sent to you as a PDF in one of the pre-interview emails.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone sent updates on stuff they have done since submitting to LECOM? If so did you email them and update your AACOMAS?

This is how it seems for folks up to around 10/15 or till end of October. I say that based on at least one 10/15 decision I’ve seen but none past that. So the question is have those of us in that group already been reviewed? Are they just waiting to send acceptances out in one big batch? Or have we not been reviewed and all this conjecture is pointless because our apps have not been reviewed?
Haha yeah, could just be one big batch coming. 10/15 and 10/30 (haven't seen many) might just be grouped with all the other decisions that are being held. I don't even think they reached me yet (10/30). Either way, conjecture is pointless but its fun being neurotic sometimes!

Haha yeah, could just be one big batch coming. 10/15 and 10/30 (haven't seen many) might just be grouped with all the other decisions that are being held. I don't even think they reached me yet (10/30). Either way, conjecture is pointless but its fun being neurotic sometimes!

Who did you receive the update email from? Jessica woods? I haven’t gotten anything from Elmira since 10/30

Who did you receive the update email from? Jessica woods? I haven’t gotten anything from Elmira since 10/30
I haven't gotten any update email other than the general one from Ms. Kalivoda back in November

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I have not seen anyone post a decision or say that their portal has changed in ages. It seems like LECOM is waiting till 12/15.

Reactions: 1 users
There should be a guideline or policy set forth by AACOM that prohibits programs from “stringing” applicants along.
I totally agree. At this point, 2 months is an absurd amount of time. I need a sense of security to know whether I should move on to other schools or not.

Reactions: 2 users
There isn't any reason they can't just WL everybody, but have 2 versions (whether or not they make that known to applicants): normal WL that is a true WL, and the WL that they put people on who they know they're going to accept on/after traffic day. Not sure how helpful that would be to applicants since WL purgatory is hard to be in, but at least it would be some form of communication, and that way they could release the R's too.

Captain’s log day 55: Oct 15th feels like an eternity ago. Hope is but a dim flicker, and the days are long. I am tired of refreshing the lecom portal, alas I cannot stop. Will report back soon

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
I JUST GOT A CALL FROM A PENNSYLVANIA AREA CODE and it was a robocall about a car. sihoshfshfso

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I totally agree. At this point, 2 months is an absurd amount of time. I need a sense of security to know whether I should move on to other schools or not.
Kind of makes me wonder about how dysfunctional the campus truly is from all the lecom hate LOL

Kind of makes me wonder about how dysfunctional the campus truly is from all the lecom hate LOL
The schools are doing a balancing act between prompt responses versus making sure that, with attrition, they fill their class. The disconnect, IMHO, is totally ghosting applicants for extended periods of time. Even some insight into the decision making process to understand one's chances and perhaps the timing of a response, would be nice.

how long after the info session will a decision be released?

Sorry, laughing because there are several people who have been waiting 2+ months to hear back, and no timeline has been given other than "we'll release decisions starting 11/15 for regular decision" but that was a month ago so...

So has anyone here past 10/15 gotten a decision or is that our last decision made this far?

Also, if some of us from 10/15 or before get WL or R, it’s going to be an ugly day or two in this thread

I zoomed 10/16 at Elmira and got WL a couple weeks ago (I think... all the days/weeks are blending together now.)

Ok that is Elmira.

Anyone with Elmira decision past 10/16 let us know.

How about Erie and SH hill folk?
if you look back toward the end of november a decent amount of 10/15 got waitlisted

I ranked SH first. No idea if anyone who ranked SH first from my time frame has heard.
I ranked SH first and was WL I got my decision 10/16ish? I put ED though and we were supposed to have decisions by 9/30 but I emailed them about it after 2 weeks and my portal changed to decision made like 30 minutes later lol

I had about 55 people in my zoom session so I doubt that all of us will be accepted. I wonder if they will just send out the wait list and acceptances in one big batch on the 15th

Reactions: 2 users
I think SH does not have many ranking it first. May be good for us. Who knows?

Popping in to say if ranking doesn't matter prior to the admissions decision, then your ranking shouldn't impact A/WL/R. I still am very curious as to how they make the decisions...

Then I have a much more negative view of my chances hahaha

A few of us have kind of thought that they do look at your preference sheet prior to making a decision, based on some things that have been said in emails or info sessions. So idk I think if you've ranked where you interviewed as your top choice, then that will help.

Idk if this makes anyone feel better, but I know an MD school that interviewed people last year in sept/oct/nov, and didn't get back to them until April 29 with an R. Some people got accepted or waitlisted, but still, to not hear anything for that long and then to be slapped with an R is just rude lol. It's also typical for their school from all the people I have talked to lol. So on the bright side, at least LECOM is only at...2months and counting?

Idk if this makes anyone feel better, but I know an MD school that interviewed people last year in sept/oct/nov, and didn't get back to them until April 29 with an R. It's also typical for their school from all the people I have talked to lol. So on the bright side, at least LECOM is only at...2months and counting?
5 for me

• Wow
Honestly, also not surprising. I know it's not what you want to hear, but my friend didn't get an interview until February or March last year! He was accepted. That's all that matters. The wait sucks though, I am sorry.

If all of these As/WLs are snail mail I wonder if we actually will get something on 12/15 :unsure:

Withdrawing my A, hope it goes to someone!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I was given an interview for the Elmira location. They started the interview by saying LECOM is only halfway through the cycle, but they have filled so many seats between the campuses that most people who interview at this point will be ALT/WL. Not the best way to start the session lol
Edit: literally saying the words “because you guys aren’t the best of the best, but a subsequent wave” LOL

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I choose Elmira as my last choice but was given an interview for the Elmira location. They started the interview today by saying LECOM is only halfway through the cycle, but they have filled so many seats between the campuses that most people who interview at this point will be ALT/WL. Not the best way to start the session lol

Wowww.

I choose Elmira as my last choice but was given an interview for the Elmira location. They started the interview today by saying LECOM is only halfway through the cycle, but they have filled so many seats between the campuses that most people who interview at this point will be ALT/WL. Not the best way to start the session lol
Edit: literally saying the words “because you guys aren’t the best of the best, but a subsequent wave” LOL
What date did you interview?

Welp. No portal change reported in like, what, 2-3 weeks? At least it’s the weekend now and I can stop refreshing portal every 3 minutes like a madman.

Reactions: 1 users