2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long does it take for the letter to come in the mail after your portal changes?
(No portal change here, just asking questions out of neuroticism lol)

Members don't see this ad.

How long does it take for the letter to come in the mail after your portal changes?
(No portal change here, just asking questions out of neuroticism lol)
Depends on your residence. For example, I live in Detroit so I would expect the letter more quickly than someone in California.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I really wonder what they are going to do with this alternate list. Everyone seems to be getting alternate. Have people got rejections?
There was very little alternate action last year when i was on it. They take everyone from their Masters of Science program who is eligible, which last year was over 80.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good to know. I’d expect an off year with good movement for the upcoming class.
I agree. The fact that these sessions have 30-55 interviewees each shows there will be a lot more alternates and more movement, especially since people are accepting all their interview invites due to no costs of hotels or flights.

The number of alternates is unreal. I highly doubt seats are filled. And I’ve not seen many acceptances. I’m praying for that A but I’ll take a WL because I have one “ace” to pull out of my sleeve. Plus there aren’t any Rs yet I’ve seen. Do you know of any post II Rs?
After scouting this thread and last year threads, I haven’t seen post II rejections. Maybe I missed it

After scouting this thread and last year threads, I haven’t seen post II rejections. Maybe I missed it

There were some post-interview rejections at the end of August... Not sure if there's been anymore since, but there's definitely been some posted here

Are You a Current LECOM-Bradenton Student? If So, I Have Some Questions About The PBL Curriculum and Clinical Rotations

I was accepted to LECOM-Bradenton and have already paid my deposit however, I have looked deeply into the PBL Curriculum and Clinical Rotations offered at LECOM-B but still have some questions which need to be answered.

If you are a current student attending LECOM-Bradenton please private message me so we can discuss this in detail. Thank you!
Do you mind sharing your stats?

anyone get their decision emailed to them?

I think they'll only do that if you're getting hit by a natural disaster. Someone earlier in the thread commented they got an email with their decision, and it was specifically stated that they emailed it because of the hurricane in that person's area.

Who else is getting super antsy waiting to hear back from this school?

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on your residence. For example, I live in Detroit so I would expect the letter more quickly than someone in California.
Yeah, I'm westcoast haha I guess I should just get used to the idea it will be in 2021 before I hear back.

I am beginning to think this school either lost my application or has silently rejected me. It's been over 4 months since my complete date; at least send me a formal R if you are going to charge me $$ for my secondary! Anyone else been waiting since late July / early Aug?

I am curious about the process they’re using. I have a notion that once they get to this part of the app review process, they’re not focusing on academics as much as our LOR and intangibles. My point being, it’s simple to compare GPAs and MCATs; it’s much more time intensive to review the other bits.
I have a theory the longer you take to get a portal change the more likely you got the A lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I think they'll only do that if you're getting hit by a natural disaster. Someone earlier in the thread commented they got an email with their decision, and it was specifically stated that they emailed it because of the hurricane in that person's a

I have a theory the longer you take to get a portal change the more likely you got the A lol
lol I had my session 9/30 and just had a portal change a weekish ago. But I have the opposite theory for the late change!

• Haha
As I am still waiting and we were the same info session, I am intrigued by your theory. Tell me more?
It just seems that everyone that had info sessions around ours that already got a portal change was waitlisted. That's the extent of my data and I'm just being hopeful for the rest of you lmaoo

Reactions: 2 users
It just seems that everyone that had info sessions around ours that already got a portal change was waitlisted. That's the extent of my data and I'm just being hopeful for the rest of you lmaoo
I'll keep you posted on that data man. Now I'm just eager to test the theory #sciencerules

Well if they legitimately do not reject post-II, there remains an opportunity for that A.

But my situation is dramatically different from most folks. I still have an uncomfortable feeling I was granted a “pity”’or “thanks for the work you’ve done but no” interview. So I may get that R

Schools definitely wouldn't interview someone out of pity -they simply wouldn't waste their precious time and resources doing so. You were invited to interview for a reason, you may not know what it is (though I'm certain your application is far better than you think it is, we're our own worst critics), but SOMEONE (or multiple people) read your application and believes you'll make a good doctor.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Schools definitely wouldn't interview someone out of pity -they simply wouldn't waste their precious time and resources doing so. You were invited to interview for a reason, you may not know what it is (though I'm certain your application is far better than you think it is, we're our own worst critics), but SOMEONE (or multiple people) read your application and believes you'll make a good doctor.
Trying to keep this mindset for myself, be positive, and not have imposter syndrome. This is my second year applying and I’m trying really hard to not get waitlisted a second year in a row. But 2 interviews 2 years in a row from LECOM must mean something 😂

Is there a students FB page or whatsapp group I can join for students starting LECOM-B in 2021.

Does anyone know if Brandenton and Lake Erie accept update letters?

Any other 9/30 session people still not receive their decision in the mail?
I Interviewed halfway through Sept. and had my info session on 9/30 with SH. Still not even a portal update :/ anyone else been simmering for this long?

This would be so reassuring to me if my portal didn't stay stuck on "Admissions Status information is not available." LOL so now I'll just never know until the decision is physically in my mailbox, unless I ask them and get lucky hahaha.

• Haha
  • Care
Anyone hopeful from 10/15 and 10/30 to hear back at least before Christmas??

Anyone hopeful from 10/15 and 10/30 to hear back at least before Christmas??
I received an email saying decisions would be made before 12/15 so the decision will be made but it will likely take a while to come in the mail due to the holiday season backing everything up.

• Love
10/15 and nothing. There’s a bunch of us who have very likely been reviewed but not heard anything. Our esteemed friends above indicate this may actually be a good thing.
Last year threads indicated that they held off giving decisions to multiple people because they wanted to accept them but wanted previous rounds to give up their spot first or decline their acceptances so that the class wouldn’t fill up at the same time. This was according to people who didn’t hear back in a timely fashion and had to call in. Not sure if it’s the same for this year, though. As y’all can tell, I stalked previous years on SDN religiously haha.

Reactions: 3 users
Last year threads indicated that they held off giving decisions to multiple people because they wanted to accept them but wanted previous rounds to give up their spot first or decline their acceptances so that the class wouldn’t fill up at the same time. This was according to people who didn’t hear back in a timely fashion and had to call in. Not sure if it’s the same for this year, though. As y’all can tell, I stalked previous years on SDN religiously haha.
Haha I am guilty of the same thing. This is reassuring. I interviewed 10/16 and have seen multiple people with a session around the same time as mine receive decisions. So, the wait continues, hopefully it pays off!

Question to you is, have they been WL or acceptances?
They had no decision made on portal, but when they called in, they were told it was a pending acceptance. This was later in the application cycle. LECOM is strictly mail for majority of the year, but will give out decisions via phone and email closer when school starts. I actually was told of my waitlist when I called in.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Is anyone else getting the feeling that the way you ranked the schools does indeed play a factor on how decisions are made, even though admissions said it doesn't? I'm feeling a sense of that. For instance, all those who are waitlisted at Elmira, did you rank Elmira first?

Is anyone else getting the feeling that the way you ranked the schools does indeed play a factor on how decisions are made, even though admissions said it doesn't? I'm feeling a sense of that. For instance, all those who are waitlisted at Elmira, did you rank Elmira first?

I definitely think they look at your ranking beforehand -or something, idk, it just seems fishy. I didn't rank Elmira first (at least, I'm 99% sure I didn't) and I got WL'd for Elmira. But then there are people who interviewed at Elmira and got WL'd at Erie.

• Wow
So what I’ve been told and from my own opinion, I believe the school that you interviewed with is the school that you would have the highest chance with. Once you rank another campus, your folder gets sent directly to that campus and they will be the one making the decision to waitlist you or accept you.
I believe after that you go down your list of schools and pathways that you ranked, and that campus that has the opportunity to either accept you or put you on their waitlist. I do believe there is some sort of matching happening tho (such as Elmira ranks you #1 and you rank them #1 would be a good combination)

Question to you is, have they been WL or acceptances?
I've seen a lot of waitlists. So there is a higher probability that those who are still waiting may hear some good news.

I've seen a lot of waitlists. So there is a higher probability that those who are still waiting may hear some good news.
I’d also point out Ms. Kalivoda sent an email reporting this year was more difficult due to the committee meeting remotely so those who interviewed prior to 12/15 (including October) may not hear back till after the new year.

However . . .

It’s a bit odd to me folks from a number of different info sessions, September to now, have gotten decisions while others have not. For example, I know folks from
my info session 10/15 that have heard back (I think all or most were WL/alternates) but a number of us have not yet. So that kind of keeps with the ideas mentioned above by @medicaldr313 and @GK22. In other words, while it is taking longer, MAYBE those of us not hearing back yet are in for a Christmas miracle as they’re holding the batch of acceptances for the end.
A nice acceptance from Santa himself would be great! Praying for that Christmas miracle.

• Love
God knows they’ve not filled up yet. Tons of folks will be dropping their acceptances or WL spots soon.
Yes! which is why we should be slightly relieved to know a decision has not been made on our applications yet. It is the time of the year where people start narrowing down their school list a little bit especially when LECOM has a $2000 deposit (my wallet is crying from only looking at this number). I feel like we should all start a support group chat 😂 I like the optimism of everyone on this thread.

I definitely think they look at your ranking beforehand -or something, idk, it just seems fishy. I didn't rank Elmira first (at least, I'm 99% sure I didn't) and I got WL'd for Elmira. But then there are people who interviewed at Elmira and got WL'd at Erie.
Exactly that feeling! It seems like quite a few people are getting waitlisted in places they didn't necessarily interview at. I wish we did this from the beginning, stating where you interviewed and how you ranked to see if there was a trend haha but oh well (I'm just being neurotic from all the waiting.)
So what I’ve been told and from my own opinion, I believe the school that you interviewed with is the school that you would have the highest chance with. Once you rank another campus, your folder gets sent directly to that campus and they will be the one making the decision to waitlist you or accept you.
I believe after that you go down your list of schools and pathways that you ranked, and that campus that has the opportunity to either accept you or put you on their waitlist. I do believe there is some sort of matching happening tho (such as Elmira ranks you #1 and you rank them #1 would be a good combination)
I agree, there is some sort of matching that happens. I feel like if you got interviewed at elmira and ranked it 1st, you're on top of the pile. Vs if you ranked somewhere else, it might place you in a whole different stack. I do recall during the info session that interviewing at Elmira and then ranking it as number 1 was in our best interest (increased chances) simply because if you chose another pathway, it has less spots. This always confused me because we've been informed a few times that the way you rank has no bearing on your acceptance or not since this process of fitting you is done after.

In any case, I'm happy to see that a lot of alternates hold an acceptance already! But for those still hoping, continue having faith!

Exactly that feeling! It seems like quite a few people are getting waitlisted in places they didn't necessarily interview at. I wish we did this from the beginning, stating where you interviewed and how you ranked to see if there was a trend haha but oh well (I'm just being neurotic from all the waiting.)

I agree, there is some sort of matching that happens. I feel like if you got interviewed at elmira and ranked it 1st, you're on top of the pile. Vs if you ranked somewhere else, it might place you in a whole different stack. I do recall during the info session that interviewing at Elmira and then ranking it as number 1 was in our best interest (increased chances) simply because if you chose another pathway, it has less spots. This always confused me because we've been informed a few times that the way you rank has no bearing on your acceptance or not since this process of fitting you is done after.

In any case, I'm happy to see that a lot of alternates hold an acceptance already! But for those still hoping, continue having faith!

I get what you mean, but the thing that doesn't make sense is them saying "they don't look at preferences before choosing to admit/WL/R you" but on the other hand saying "ranking where you interview as #1 is in our best interest," because that implies they're inviting you to interview with a specific campus because that's where they currently have a "spot" to consider you for, so if you then go and rank somewhere else first, then they're considering you for that campus instead which they may not have a spot for you (hence why you weren't II'd at that campus). UNLESS they're implying ranking where you interviewed at first gives you the best chance of being WL'd/A'd to your first preference, but it does sound to me like they were specifically talking about your best chance of getting accepted based on spots available per campus. But that shouldn't matter if they're truly not looking at your preference form prior to making a decision on your application. :unsure:

On the other hand, the reason for so many WL's right now might be because AACOMAS traffic day is coming up on 12/14, and there will likely be tons of WL movement. That thought just occurred to me.

I get what you mean, but the thing that doesn't make sense is them saying "they don't look at preferences before choosing to admit/WL/R you" but on the other hand saying "ranking where you interview as #1 is in our best interest," because that implies they're inviting you to interview with a specific campus because that's where they currently have a "spot" to consider you for, so if you then go and rank somewhere else first, then they're considering you for that campus instead which they may not have a spot for you (hence why you weren't II'd at that campus). UNLESS they're implying ranking where you interviewed at first gives you the best chance of being WL'd/A'd to your first preference, but it does sound to me like they were specifically talking about your best chance of getting accepted based on spots available per campus. But that shouldn't matter if they're truly not looking at your preference form prior to making a decision on your application. :unsure:

On the other hand, the reason for so many WL's right now might be because AACOMAS traffic day is coming up on 12/14, and there will likely be tons of WL movement. That thought just occurred to me.
That traffic day theory makes sense maybe that's why LECOM is holding out on decisions.

I think the entire 10/30 session is still waiting right? Anyone in that session get a waitlist decision?

Haha yeah, its hard to really define. I feel like the school would rather take a slightly weaker applicant who ranked it #1 than a stronger applicant who ranked it #3. This would imply that they are taking rankings into consideration, which I kind of sense is happening. I guess it would make sense since admissions would want people who want to actually go to a specific campus perhaps.

Remember that email a while back we got when we first got our interview, how they were special invites to be considered because there was no more interview spots for Erie at the time but we were still considered very competitive for a spot? So they pulled us to Elmira for consideration, because I feel someone at Elmira possibly wanted us. But if we rank them #3 vs #1, I feel that would sway the decision.

Before my session, the moderator/host prefaced that everyone in my session ranked Erie first but Erie ran out of spots at that time, but wanted to give us another campus to interview to have an interview sooner rather than later because we were "good" candidates (if that makes sense). She said that we could still rank Erie first and there wouldn't be a problem....not sure if she was just being nice or what

Complete in July and still heard nothing....should I assume it's a silent R?

I have the same theory. It just seems like most people who get a quick response get waitlisted. Plus, in the email we were sent it said they will hold some peoples decisions a little to see how many seats they have available at that time. Made it seem like waiting is a good thing.

Before my session, the moderator/host prefaced that everyone in my session ranked Erie first but Erie ran out of spots at that time, but wanted to give us another campus to interview to have an interview sooner rather than later because we were "good" candidates (if that makes sense). She said that we could still rank Erie first and there wouldn't be a problem....not sure if she was just being nice or what
@dxu ^this. It was also clarified in an email to this group, that they wanted to give us a shot but at another campus instead of Erie. They had to do this because of the overwhelming number of applicants that ranked Erie as #1, so there was just not enough spots for interview. I'm very appreciative and grateful of the chance, even if it leads to an alternate or rejection.