-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
congrats!!II Received 12:48 PM CST; OOS, 519, 4.0, ORM
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
July 29congrats! date completed?
Did you receive an email or did it show on the portal?Just got an II!!!!!!!
stats?Hello! I received an email just this morning. I was submitted my secondary on August 13th.
congrats tho!!My stats aren't amazing, but I'm a non-trad with a lot of experiences. I have a 3.5 and 509 MCAT 🙂
stats?
My stats aren't amazing, but I'm a non-trad with a lot of experiences. I have a 3.5 and 509 MCAT 🙂
Talk about a quick turnaround. CongratsHello! I received an email just this morning. I was submitted my secondary on August 13th.
Thank you 🙂 They are my dream school so I couldn't be happier. Definitely surprised to have heard back so soon, hopefully, that's a good sign.Talk about a quick turnaround. Congrats
Melanated_Otaku981
Full Member
OMG what a quick turnaround congrats to you and everyone else who got interviews, go SLAY them. I hope the rest of us get emails soon.Hello! I received an email just this morning. I was submitted my secondary on August 13th.
I'm totally struggling through these secondary prompts! I'm wondering if I could bounce off some ideas with anyone?
Hey! Please message me 🙂 I don't know much, but I got an II so that has to mean something? lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I received an email just this morning. I was submitted my secondary on August 13th.
WOW they’re fast! Makes me motivated to finish up my secondary. These prompts are tough though
D
deleted1040408
does anyone else’s status say your file is complete and currently undergoing a review?
did you receive it today?OOS II received, but has anyone found any actual information about the interview day? Times? What to expect? August 25th is very soon!
I got put on hold. Complete 8/13
Message in portal was: "Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
Message in portal was: "Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
D
deleted1040408
OOS II received, but has anyone found any actual information about the interview day? Times? What to expect? August 25th is very soon!
congrats! stats?
Mine is still under review. OOS, submission date 07/27 (though it was 07/17, the form went blank so they resent it to me on 07/27 when I was able to resubmit the entire thing again)
I'm in the same boat. Completed 7/28. No change to my "under review" status since then.Mine is still under review. OOS, submission date 07/27 (though it was 07/17, the form went blank so they resent it to me on 07/27 when I was able to resubmit the entire thing again)
I'm in exactly the same situation as you. Complete 7/27 and no change to "under review"Mine is still under review. OOS, submission date 07/27 (though it was 07/17, the form went blank so they resent it to me on 07/27 when I was able to resubmit the entire thing again)
Received yesterday afternoon, seemingly when others did as welldid you receive it today?
Repeat applicant, original MCAT 508, now a 512 and GPA 3.8congrats! stats?
D
deleted1040408
Same here, submitted 7/22... still "under review"I'm in the same boat. Completed 7/28. No change to my "under review" status since then.
For the non-academic challenge question, would a story from my research be okay? I can’t decide if that would be considered academic or not.
is there some sort of 4 week deadline for loyola?
is there some sort of 4 week deadline for loyola?
Not that I know off. Was not specified in the secondary app email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UCF Orlando's secondary was hell. Loyola's was a cake walk compared to that onefinally submitted this secondary after having it for over two weeks. Let me just say this secondary was a lot of work 😵

Have you done Miami yet?UCF Orlando's secondary was hell. Loyola's was a cake walk compared to that one![]()
I received it, but I haven't done it yet simply because the questions pissed me off. However, I don't know if that was residual anger from looking through Orlando's secondary. It really got under my skin, so much so that I'm probably not even going to do it.Have you done Miami yet?
Upon reevaluation, Miami's wasn't bad at all. I just finished it now. Orlando's is going to sit in my inbox for a little way until I muster up the patience to complete it.Have you done Miami yet?
Does anyone know how strict the school is regarding the size of the uploaded professional picture? Because I uploaded a picture size larger than the required size.
I think it automatically gets resized. I did not have the opportunity to have a passport photo. So I used my iphone. For some school it automatically resized. So I am not worried about it.
Thank you so much! I was anxious over the weekendI think it automatically gets resized. I did not have the opportunity to have a passport photo. So I used my iphone. For some school it automatically resized. So I am not worried about it.
D
deleted1057987
Miami was A LOT i take back what I said about loyolaUCF Orlando's secondary was hell. Loyola's was a cake walk compared to that one![]()
D
deleted1066818
Has anybody else's application been put on hold? I never received an email, but I saw this today when I checked the portal. It shows today's date but I have no clue when I was actually placed on hold, nor do I know what it means.
D
deleted1040408
submitted 7/22 and this is the message I have: "Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
When were you complete?Has anybody else's application been put on hold? I never received an email, but I saw this today when I checked the portal. It shows today's date but I have no clue when I was actually placed on hold, nor do I know what it means.
I think I remember one other person post that they have this status, earlier this month in the thread. They also didn't receive an email about it, but just saw it one day.Has anybody else's application been put on hold? I never received an email, but I saw this today when I checked the portal. It shows today's date but I have no clue when I was actually placed on hold, nor do I know what it means.
D
deleted1066818
I was complete 7/26When were you complete?
Thanks! I’ve been stuck at “complete and under review” status since 07/16 so I’m not really sure what’s going onI was complete 7/26
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1.. not sure when i got the hold statusHas anybody else's application been put on hold? I never received an email, but I saw this today when I checked the portal. It shows today's date but I have no clue when I was actually placed on hold, nor do I know what it means.
+1.. not sure when i got the hold status
When were you complete??
I received my complete email 7/20, but my committee letter wasn't released till 8/14 so not sure if they put me on hold prior to even receiving my letters or if it happened immediately after 8/14When were you complete??
hope that helps
D
deleted1067657
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.Has anybody else's application been put on hold? I never received an email, but I saw this today when I checked the portal. It shows today's date but I have no clue when I was actually placed on hold, nor do I know what it means.