-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That happened for me too, but I got an II so it must look fine on their endWhen I use the print the application tab it makes all of my essays into one large paragraph even tho I double spaced between each in the text boxes.
Has anyone else noticed this? I’m just worried since they specify to space between each.
pretty sure interviews haven’t started yet.For anyone who interviewed yesterday: how did it go? Was it pretty laid back as the interview feedback page has said for previous years?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unfortunately being on hold is almost a kiss of death. In last cycle I don’t think anyone on SDN got a II after hold. But anything is possibleMeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.I don't think they send update emails, but I remember mine was put on hold pretty much immediately after I completed on 8/6. I think I read a comment or two of applicants being put on hold and then receiving an ii so it don't mean much, I guess.
Last week we could register for either yesterday or tomorrow so I think one group has gonepretty sure interviews haven’t started yet.
So it is better to be "under review" than a hold status?Unfortunately being on hold is almost a kiss of death. In last cycle I don’t think anyone on SDN got a II after hold. But anything is possible
Good to know, I’ve been stressing about it. Thank you!That happened for me too, but I got an II so it must look fine on their end
Yes I was under my review until I got the II in SeptemberSo it is better to be "under review" than a hold status?
Yeah don’t think this week ended up happening. Could be wrong but pretty certain they start next week.Last week we could register for either yesterday or tomorrow so I think one group has gone
Hopefully if it was pushed back they email us soon. I was excited for mine tomorrow and my portal still shows it 🙁Yeah don’t think this week ended up happening. Could be wrong but pretty certain they start next week.
You can’t log back in and change anythingMine says "Your application has been finalized. You are no longer able to access this information online." What does that meeeeeean?
doctordoctor2750
Full Member
Welp nevermind, I'm on hold. This is what I get for applying to MD schools with a 504 I guess :/ thank you!!!You can’t log back in and change anything
Omg if you signed up for it then I’m sure it’s happening I’m not out here preaching the 100 percent truth. I just know they hadn’t trained m1s for the panel yet!! If you’re scheduled for tomorrow and the portal says it then you’re soooo gucci. I’m happy to be wrong if it means you get to interview tomorrow congrats!Hopefully if it was pushed back they email us soon. I was excited for mine tomorrow and my portal still shows it 🙁
Thank you! I'm back to being excited then haha!Omg if you signed up for it then I’m sure it’s happening I’m not out here preaching the 100 percent truth. I just know they hadn’t trained m1s for the panel yet!! If you’re scheduled for tomorrow and the portal says it then you’re soooo gucci. I’m happy to be wrong if it means you get to interview tomorrow congrats!
Hi guys, I'm struggling with how to differentiate between what I learned about myself through social justice experiences (question 2) vs what I learned about myself serving an underserved community (question 3). I'm using volunteer experiences with the underserved for both questions but I'm focusing more about resources/inequality in prompt 2, but I feel like what I learned about myself is pretty similar between the two.
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? I'd really appreciate any thoughts.
I think it's fine to use the same volunteering experience as long as you think about the issues affecting those communities separately. Social justice issues can revolve around inequalities in society, such as those related to race, gender, SES, sexual orientation, etc. Underserved can be related to access to health resources because of location (rural vs urban, for example), specific communities with language/cultural barriers, patients with rare diseases/disorders to which there is little therapeutic advancements, etc.
Loyola is really asking you to think about the multifactorial challenges that patients may face which may impact their ability to achieve health. I hope that helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had the first interview on Tuesday! So they've definitely started. Yes it was very laid back and welcoming. An interview with a student and a faculty member and both seemed invested in our success.Omg if you signed up for it then I’m sure it’s happening I’m not out here preaching the 100 percent truth. I just know they hadn’t trained m1s for the panel yet!! If you’re scheduled for tomorrow and the portal says it then you’re soooo gucci. I’m happy to be wrong if it means you get to interview tomorrow congrats!
AmazingI had the first interview on Tuesday! So they've definitely started. Yes it was very laid back and welcoming. An interview with a student and a faculty member and both seemed invested in our success.
I had the first interview on Tuesday! So they've definitely started. Yes it was very laid back and welcoming. An interview with a student and a faculty member and both seemed invested in our success.
Hi there! I am a bit confused as to what the interview time frame is, in terms of start and end times in CDT. I have the interview slot on 9/8 but I'm trying to work out some time to take off work. Do you happen to recall when they sent you that information? Thanks a ton in advance!
I feel as if the other interviews I've had so far contained that information in the initial interview invite email but I haven't been able to find that on the portal/emails/websites for Loyola.
For anyone yet to interview, I just completed the day and it went fantastic! I loved the staff and talking with students, they're really passionate about what they do. The interview really is about getting to know you better so don't stress as much as I did!
Yes no worries, I had the same questions! A couple days after I scheduled it, the part of the portal that says "Your Interview Day" updated with a schedule. But it started at 9:30 am CST and ended around 3:30 pm CST. It's broken into 45 minute sessions that are divided into the 2 interviews, information sessions, a sample lecture, and student panel. At least that's what it was for me! I hope that helps!Hi there! I am a bit confused as to what the interview time frame is, in terms of start and end times in CDT. I have the interview slot on 9/8 but I'm trying to work out some time to take off work. Do you happen to recall when they sent you that information? Thanks a ton in advance!
I feel as if the other interviews I've had so far contained that information in the initial interview invite email but I haven't been able to find that on the portal/emails/websites for Loyola.
Yes no worries, I had the same questions! A couple days after I scheduled it, the part of the portal that says "Your Interview Day" updated with a schedule. But it started at 9:30 am CST and ended around 3:30 pm CST. It's broken into 45 minute sessions that are divided into the 2 interviews, information sessions, a sample lecture, and student panel. At least that's what it was for me! I hope that helps!
Perfect!! Thank you so so much, I really appreciate it 🙂 That clears up everything
D
deleted1040408
has anyone gotten on hold from here?
future_dr_j
Full Member
has anyone gotten on hold from here?
Me
has anyone gotten on hold from here?
Me. Don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing.
D
deleted932967
Just checked my portal and it says my "file will be held for further review later in the cycle". I think that's a hold?has anyone gotten on hold from here?
For the Describe a non-academic personal/professional challenge or conflict that you have experienced prompt, can I use an example in my laboratory? Or is that considered academic?!
For the Describe a non-academic personal/professional challenge or conflict that you have experienced prompt, can I use an example in my laboratory? Or is that considered academic?!
Kind of a gray area, but I've seen goro (DO AdCom) say not to use a lab for non-academic
Yeah I was hesitant too. I think ima stick to my personal life challenge. Thanks, friend! 🙂Kind of a gray area, but I've seen goro (DO AdCom) say not to use a lab for non-academic
Me toohas anyone gotten on hold from here?
Would the Please explain in more detail (in less than 1500 characters) anything that would help us understand any gaps or delays in your education, academic missteps, or personal challenges not listed elsewhere. prompt be appropriate to discuss a low first MCAT and a significantly improved second MCAT?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rainbowsushi19
Full Member
For those put on hold, when were you complete?
I feel like an MCAT retake isn’t really worthy of filling in anything there. The news score speaks for itself. I think its more of like patterns of academic struggles.Would the Please explain in more detail (in less than 1500 characters) anything that would help us understand any gaps or delays in your education, academic missteps, or personal challenges not listed elsewhere. prompt be appropriate to discuss a low first MCAT and a significantly improved second MCAT?
Yeah I didnt think so! Thank you for the reply!I feel like an MCAT retake isn’t really worthy of filling in anything there. The news score speaks for itself. I think its more of like patterns of academic struggles.
mickieg1029
Full Member
Wait where do you guys see if its under review or has a hold? Mine just says "Thank you for submitting your supplemental application. Your file will be reviewed upon receipt of your most recent set of MCAT scores. To avoid further delay, please submit your letters of recommendation if you haven’t already done so." All LOR and secondary was sent and received before August. Does this mean they just haven't looked at mine yet?
yeah sounds like its not been reviewed yet & it seems like they're still waiting for some mcat scoresWait where do you guys see if its under review or has a hold? Mine just says "Thank you for submitting your supplemental application. Your file will be reviewed upon receipt of your most recent set of MCAT scores. To avoid further delay, please submit your letters of recommendation if you haven’t already done so." All LOR and secondary was sent and received before August. Does this mean they just haven't looked at mine yet?
Yes, scroll up, seems like a small batch of interviews, some people got put on hold, and some remain in “interview under consideration” limbo like meAny interview invites yet?
Sorry “application under consideration” not interviewYes, scroll up, seems like a small batch of interviews, some people got put on hold, and some remain in “interview under consideration” limbo like me
For those put on hold, when were you complete?
7/26
dr.ewok
New Member
same. I can't figure out how to submitHow did you see that status?
dr.ewok
New Member
using google chrome seemed to do the trickAnyone submitting secondary figure out how to do so?? I paid the fee, uploaded photo, and have saved all responses, checked, double checked. Maybe there isn't a submit button??
I know this sounds silly but try zooming outAnyone submitting secondary figure out how to do so?? I paid the fee, uploaded photo, and have saved all responses, checked, double checked. Maybe there isn't a submit button??
premed199813
Full Member
is the secondary website not working for anyone else? I have tried to use safari and chrome, and when I type In the link and press enter its just a white blank page??
is the secondary website not working for anyone else? I have tried to use safari and chrome, and when I type In the link and press enter its just a white blank page??
Works fine for me on chrome.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ahopefulmed
Full Member
- Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Your file will be held for further review later in the cycle. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine.
Does anyone know what this means exactly?
Basically they're gonna wait to compare your app with other applicants in the coming wks/months and look at your application again later.
- Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Your file will be held for further review later in the cycle. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine.
Does anyone know what this means exactly?
When were you complete?
ahopefulmed
Full Member
Thank you for your message. Do you know when I might then hear anything? I completed my secondary application on July 17th. Does that answer your question?Basically they're gonna wait to compare your app with other applicants in the coming wks/months and look at your application again later.
When were you complete?
Was this sent to you via email or through the portal?
- Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Your file will be held for further review later in the cycle. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine.
Does anyone know what this means exactly?
ahopefulmed
Full Member
I got a status update in the portal!Was this sent to you via email or through the portal?