2020-2021 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can any current students comment on the “pre-matriculation program” i just got an email about? i will be abroad visiting my family during those weeks and i can’t exactly change it
Are you a part of the Facebook group/group me? It's been talked about a few times in there! They gave some good insight.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a question for anyone willing to share some advice... I was one of the last rounds of interviews (April 6th), and I know that traditionally you should wait to send a letter of intent for about 6 weeks post-interview, but given how late my interview was, should I send the letter early? I was hoping to send it before the advocacy meeting on May 6th (provided I'm not rejected after Friday's committee meeting). Any thoughts?

I had a question for anyone willing to share some advice... I was one of the last rounds of interviews (April 6th), and I know that traditionally you should wait to send a letter of intent for about 6 weeks post-interview, but given how late my interview was, should I send the letter early? I was hoping to send it before the advocacy meeting on May 6th (provided I'm not rejected after Friday's committee meeting). Any thoughts?
What’s a letter of intent?

I would send it now. I don’t think at this point it could hurt. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Is May 6th the last meeting that they are having?

If their last meeting is May 6 on a Thursday, if I recall correctly, phone calls will go out either later that day or the next day on Friday. If your phone doesn't ring in that period, you were not accepted. I have done this 3 times now lol. It's been brutal waiting all of this time.

If their last meeting is May 6 on a Thursday, if I recall correctly, phone calls will go out either later that day or the next day on Friday. If your phone doesn't ring in that period, you were not accepted. I have done this 3 times now lol. It's been brutal waiting all of this time.
You could get off the waitlist too until school starts after that period !

Reactions: 2 users
Were people notified of an acceptance or WL by snail mail or phone call? I see I have a letter coming in today. Nervous.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Were people notified of an acceptance or WL by snail mail or phone call? I see I have a letter coming in today. Nervous.
All decisions are done via snail mail, they aren't making calls. I'm sure this may change as April 30th comes and those with acceptance offers have to decline and they start pulling from the "wait list".

• Love
I think after a certain date (I think June 1st) and beyond they only have 24 hours to inform you of your acceptance off the waitlist. That’s when I have heard phone calls being used !

Thanks for those who replied! I'm on no further action, aka their WL! Woke up in the middle of my sleep (I work nights) to find this out 😭.
Hopefully there's movement after the 30th 🤞. Dr. Eubanks during the interview said that most people are on NFA first, then accepted. Not a lot of people are accepted outright unless your app is outstanding.

Reactions: 3 users
Does everyone on NFA receive a letter regarding their status following each committee meeting, or do you only receive a letter if you were discussed?

Dr. Eubanks during the interview said that most people are on NFA first, then accepted. Not a lot of people are accepted outright unless your app is outstanding.
Call me biased but I think my app is outstanding :laugh:

You only receive letters if you were discussed, which is the first meeting after you interview or for an advocacy meeting. Is May 6th the for sure last advocacy meeting? If so, that is when phone calls will go out the next day (traditionally from like 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM). At that point, like I have the past 2 years, you will either receive a phone call if you were accepted or the letter in the mail (my case). If you do not get a call, you will receive a letter that either says you are on what's called their "prioritized alternate list" or rejected.

What’s LSU’s CTE deadline? The website says 7/1 for the upcoming cycle, is that also for the current cycle?

Has anyone on NFA been accepted this week or do they wait until Friday (after the last advocacy meeting) to call anyone?

In regards to the “if you don’t get a call Friday then you probably didn’t make it in this year” comment on here, are we actually sure May 6 is the last advocacy meeting? Or just the next advocacy meeting? I remember during my interview Dr. Eubanks said May 6 was the next meeting but I don’t remember him saying it was the last one. He said they would be giving out acceptances until mid-June. So I don’t quite think it’s time for panic yet.

In regards to the “if you don’t get a call Friday then you probably didn’t make it in this year” comment on here, are we actually sure May 6 is the last advocacy meeting? Or just the next advocacy meeting? I remember during my interview Dr. Eubanks said May 6 was the next meeting but I don’t remember him saying it was the last one. He said they would be giving out acceptances until mid-June. So I don’t quite think it’s time for panic yet.
I think it’s the last one. I believe they rank the waitlist also today. They give out acceptances based on the ranked waitlist going forward I believe.

I think it’s the last one. I believe they rank the waitlist also today. They give out acceptances based on the ranked waitlist going forward I believe.
Yes, from my understanding this is the last advocacy meeting and is also where they set the waitlist. I could be wrong though!

sooo let’s say that this is the last meeting, would it be pointless to send them additional updates for my application for this point forward?

sooo let’s say that this is the last meeting, would it be pointless to send them additional updates for my application for this point forward?

Considering how there were still acceptances in late May and early June last year, I'd say any update is better than no update or at least it wouldn't hurt.

Does anyone know if the "Choose Your Medical School" tool will go live before the letters/phone calls go out?

Does anyone know if the "Choose Your Medical School" tool will go live before the letters/phone calls go out?
From what I was told from a friend last year, it is not. It was not updated before calls went out.

Going to have my phone on full blast today at work. Calls have gone out between 10-4 other years. If I get in I will be putting in my two weeks today :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
From what I was told from a friend last year, it is not. It was not updated before calls went out.

Going to have my phone on full blast today at work. Calls have gone out between 10-4 other years. If I get in I will be putting in my two weeks today :laugh:
Lol I guess I’ll be bringing my phone with me to the floor of my graduation now😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
How y’all feeling
Nervous. I have to sleep soon because I work tonight. Hoping to wake up to a phone call/voice mail, but am expecting not to. Although I'm still not sure tbh. This cycle is wacky, so hopefully there's some good news soon.

So is today the only day you can get off the WL?
No, they can accept you as late as orientation day (this happened to someone I know who got into Shreveport). It's probably more common for WL movement to happen around this time however.

I wish they would just tell us 🥺🥺🥺

Just got my acceptance call. So incredibly grateful and excited, I'm sending all the good luck vibes out into the universe for the rest of y'all. Remember if you don't get accepted today, there's still time to get in off the waitlist. And even if this isn't your year, I know we'll all get there eventually <3

Reactions: 7 users
Just got my acceptance call. So incredibly grateful and excited, I'm sending all the good luck vibes out into the universe for the rest of y'all. Remember if you don't get accepted today, there's still time to get in off the waitlist. And even if this isn't your year, I know we'll all get there eventually <3
congrats! Do you mind me asking your stats?

congrats! Do you mind me asking your stats?
Thank you! And no, not at all :)

511 MCAT, 3.4 GPA undergrad, 3.9 GPA grad (masters in cell and molec), did americorps for 2 years here in new orleans in between undergrad and grad school. Applied as an LA resident and I've been here since spring 2017.

Thank you! And no, not at all :)

511 MCAT, 3.4 GPA undergrad, 3.9 GPA grad (masters in cell and molec), did americorps for 2 years here in new orleans in between undergrad and grad school. Applied as an LA resident and I've been here since spring 2017.
could you share what letter your last name starts with? im trying to figure out if they’re doing alphabetical order