2020-2021 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine came in. I am still NFA and I interviewed in October :( To everyone who will get accepted today, congratulations. If I'm lucky i hope to get a phone call from them in May...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
just got my letter and I’m still NFA

• Sad
I live down the block from the school and did not receive a letter today

someone posted they need to post 200 acceptances by mid march? and the fbpage has 114? is this true about 200 acceptances by mid march? if so that pretty much means the letters sent today fill all the spots? thanks for any clarification.

someone posted they need to post 200 acceptances by mid march? and the fbpage has 114? is this true about 200 acceptances by mid march? if so that pretty much means the letters sent today fill all the spots? thanks for any clarification.
Yes it’s typically mid March. At least it was last cycle

Yes it’s typically mid March. At least it was last cycle
ok so they filled their class by mid march which is in like 2 weeks? one of the students who hosted the q&A said she was accepted in May so not sure how that works exactly. if all the spots are filled though in 2 weeks - definitely sucks - and they interview into april?

Has anyone actually received a letter? My informed delivery did not show my letter and when I called the admission office she made it sound like they did not even send out letters
“By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS.”

Per AMCAS website

“By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS.”

Per AMCAS website
Oops didn’t mean to reply to both

ok so they filled their class by mid march which is in like 2 weeks? one of the students who hosted the q&A said she was accepted in May so not sure how that works exactly. if all the spots are filled though in 2 weeks - definitely sucks - and they interview into april?
They have to offer 200 spots by the March deadline. That doesn’t mean those 200 people will be the ones who eventually attend as they may drop out for other schools down the line, so that’s why they keep interviewing to fill those gaps & you may hear of people getting in later down the line up until a few weeks before classes start

Members don't see this ad :)
i was told during orentation "lots" of movement happens between march and may - but now all the spots are filled or i should say acceptances offered mid march. sucks. i thought lots of people come off of NFA during this time. is NFA based on when ur placed on list or resume? really bummed, they sad i had a good interview and seemed optimistic on my chances. really discouraging. good luck guys.

so is this the only time they review the NFA list? last friday? do NFAers get brought up again, are there any other meetings? sorry - just frustrating

so is this the only time they review the NFA list? last friday? do NFAers get brought up again, are there any other meetings? sorry - just frustrating
At my interview they said they have another meeting in May

when did you guys interview? so the next time they review NFA is May? Or is it at every meeting for the people interviewing as well? Any help much appreciated.

when did you guys interview? so the next time they review NFA is May? Or is it at every meeting for the people interviewing as well? Any help much appreciated.
I interviewed in November. I believe the May advocacy meeting is the next time everyone who has been NFA’d is guaranteed to be looked at again, but you could come up at an earlier meeting.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed in November. I believe the May advocacy meeting is the next time everyone who has been NFA’d is guaranteed to be looked at again, but you could come up at an earlier meeting.
ty.

are they still sending out interviews to applicants that haven't interviewed yet? I am still under "active review" since September.

Reactions: 2 users
are they still sending out interviews to applicants that haven't interviewed yet? I am still under "active review" since September.
Same. I have been looking at previous years forums and it seems they send some out in early-mid March. Hoping they do that this year. So lets keep our fingers crossed!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm thinking anyone who didn't get a letter is good news for them. Acceptances might be coming out tomorrow. This is the first time I recall nobody saying they got accepted after the supposed "big meeting." In other years a lot more acceptances seemed to be out. I definitely get the frustration (myself included), but I also know that all of us are good candidates worthy of acceptance since we made it this far and interviewed when we did. This is not my first rodeo, though, this is my third, and I thought that would have mattered more to the committee at the meeting.

Informed delivery says mine is coming today. Hopefully not anymore NFA. People who have already been accepted: was the letter the same size packaging as the NFA letters or it was different?

Informed delivery says mine is coming today. Hopefully not anymore NFA. People who have already been accepted: was the letter the same size packaging as the NFA letters or it was different?
I would bet yours is an acceptance! What was the postage on your letter? $0.39 stamp?

0.39 stamp. Yes. Is that for acceptance or NFA?
My friend and I were trying to figure that out. Mine was $0.39. Still, I would not count yourself out. I think acceptances might be out today, from what my friend and I deduced.

My friend and I were trying to figure that out. Mine was $0.39. Still, I would not count yourself out. I think acceptances might be out today, from what my friend and I deduced.
Do we think the postage would change with a few more papers? Anyone who was accepted still have their postage

It was a few pages right? I think that’s what somebody said earlier.

Mine says it’s coming today too, I’m not home and so nervous 😭

Accepted! I am in complete shock. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted omg! 🥺🥺 good luck everyone! ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone who’s been accepted and sent the deposit message me? I have a question! Thanks!

Does anyone know how likely it is to get accepted in May? I wonder how many current MS1 got in in May

For people getting acceptances what is the date on your letter for when it was sent out?

accepted! nfa’d back in november. will probably give my spot up for another school, good luck to everyone else!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
The Choose Your Medical School tool went live on the AMCAS website for new acceptances! I haven't received my physical letter but my tool activated this morning to choose "plan to enroll." So take a look if you haven't received your letter yet! Good luck to everyone :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the next regular committee meeting is?