2020-2021 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there an accepted student group ?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone not have their assignment posted? Mine just says “Your campus assignment is: ___”

Did you all get an email saying your placement was ready?

Anyone here have any info on historical movement for the waitlist getting into the GR campus? Like when I'll find out/what my chances are.... (RIP)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how soon after April 30th do they pull people form the waitlist

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what tablets are compatible with Just in Time medicine?

can anyone see their fin aid for this upcoming year?
I thought it was suppose to be available today by 5pm?

• Hmm
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how to withdraw from a school using the choose your medical school tool in AMCAS? This was on the most recent email from msu, but all the other withdrawals I've done this year I just did through email ... I didn't know there was a function for this in AMCAS?

Question ... what is the tuition cost at MSU CHM for in-state students? They have it as ~$32,000 but aren't the summer semesters are like $15k... I'm kinda confused

Just call the call from Dr. Maurer today and got pulled from the alternate list!!

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Just call the call from Dr. Maurer today and got pulled from the alternate list!!
Congrats!!! Did you send any letter of Interest/Intent/Update after you got waitlisted? How about any new letter of rec?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!!! Did you send any letter of Interest/Intent/Update after you got waitlisted? How about any new letter of rec?
I submitted a LOI/Update the day I was waitlisted

Any word on financial aid? An email I got a few months ago said they were expecting to get packages out starting end of March...

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Any word on financial aid? An email I got a few months ago said they were expecting to get packages out starting end of March...
No word! Does anyone know if MSU has been historically very good about aid? Or is it typically just full COA loans unless you're one of the few people who get a scholarship?

I thought so too

I checked on their portal and there isn’t any fin aid posted yet

• Sad
Hey everyone, another data point: I also got an acceptance call this past Monday after being on the waitlist for a week or so!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats!!! Did you send any letter of Intent/Update?
Thank you! I did not. I interviewed in mid-late February and already had another acceptance so I didn’t have an update letter already drafted, but I was planning on sending one that same week before I received the call because I really love the school!

If they can take the time to send "plan to enroll reminder" emails, they should also take the time to send out financial aid award packages.....

Reactions: 6 users
Did you guys get that email?? Lol I wonder if some admissions officer is browsing SDN... Also they sent out the email in a way that you can see every person's email address. Not a big deal I guess but prob a mistake.

Edit: this is a weird email... "if you haven't received your financial aid package yet, please feel free to reach out to [person's email]." Why don't you just send me my financial aid??

Did you guys get that email?? Lol I wonder if some admissions officer is browsing SDN... Also they sent out the email in a way that you can see every person's email address. Not a big deal I guess but prob a mistake.

Edit: this is a weird email... "if you haven't received your financial aid package yet, please feel free to reach out to [person's email]." Why don't you just send me my financial aid??
Yes, just now! The odd thing is that of everyone I know going to CHM (a lot of people), no one has their financial aid info. I don't think this is an isolated thing. I have financial info for all of my other schools at this point, so it's odd.

From my understanding, they're transitioning to a new online system and are having technical difficulties. I do know some accepted students who have already gotten their financial aid on their portal. I emailed them because I need it for decisions and they gave it to me unofficially.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes, just now! The odd thing is that of everyone I know going to CHM (a lot of people), no one has their financial aid info. I don't think this is an isolated thing. I have financial info for all of my other schools at this point, so it's odd.
Right? There must be a HUGE disconnect going on between the admissions and financial aid departments. I can imagine they were probably shocked today that after asking people to "plan to enroll" for weeks, a huge majority never received financial aid offers.

From my understanding, they're transitioning to a new online system and are having technical difficulties. I do know some accepted students who have already gotten their financial aid on their portal. I emailed them because I need it for decisions and they gave it to me unofficially.
This is good to know, thank you!

This is good to know, thank you!

I'm pretty sure the new system is for all MSU students and not just MSUCHM specific, so def a huge miscommunication between departments!! Unfortunate but **** happens I guess. If you need fin aid, email them! It's all loans for me :sick: LMAO

I'm pretty sure the new system is for all MSU students and not just MSUCHM specific, so def a huge miscommunication between departments!! Unfortunate but **** happens I guess. If you need fin aid, email them! It's all loans for me :sick: LMAO
I emailed them a little bit ago, and hopefully will hear back soon! I expect it to be all loans, but would like an exact number even so, for spreadsheet purposes lol

• Haha
I emailed them a little bit ago, and hopefully will hear back soon! I expect it to be all loans, but would like an exact number even so, for spreadsheet purposes lol
Okay this is BS. I just got an email from the person they told us to reach out to, and they told me my financial aid will not be available until late May.

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
I just emailed them asking about my financial aid package and they said I won’t receive it until late May!! definitely will be withdrawing from here

I just emailed them asking about my financial aid package and they said I won’t receive it until late May!! definitely will be withdrawing from here
It looks like we all received the same email saying we'd have our financial aid accounts ready in late May . . . generally when someone tells me to email for more info, I expect more than "expect more info a month or so, after PTE day."

It looks like we all received the same email saying we'd have our financial aid accounts ready in late May . . . generally when someone tells me to email for more info, I expect more than "expect more info a month or so, after PTE day."
Especially after the email from the admissions department during the winter that said Fin Aid would go out in late March!